Thread: D1 Baseball thoughts on MSU so far.

vCash

D1 Baseball thoughts on MSU so far.

? Mississippi State is quickly becoming one of best stories in college baseball this season. What a job Andy Cannizaro and his staff continue to do, as the Bulldogs clinched a road series win over South Carolina with a 5-4 victory, scoring three runs in the ninth inning to get the job done. Cody Brown and Hunter Vansau each had two hits for the Bulldogs, while the big key was the bullpen with Jacob Barton throwing 2.1 shutout innings and Trey Jolly tossing a scoreless frame. As for the Gamecocks, who dropped to 7-7 in the league, righty Wil Crowe struck out four, walking three and allowing five runs on seven hits in eight innings. MSU is up to 15 in the RPI, and yes, is getting into position to host a regional.

vCash
    Cannizaro effect.

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Cody needs to sit, grid can't play SS for us, grid can't hit 3 hole, Cann has never been a HC so prob in over his head, cyr should be a wkd guy, and on and on and on

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I seen it dawg View Post
    Cody needs to sit, grid can't play SS for us, grid can't hit 3 hole, Cann has never been a HC so prob in over his head, cyr should be a wkd guy, and on and on and on
    Cohen left cann with a dumpster fire

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Henderson and Cann can't coexist

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeless joe View Post
    Cohen left cann with a dumpster fire
    Quote Originally Posted by I seen it dawg View Post
    Henderson and Cann can't coexist
    3 year rebuild, minimum

Cann's in over his head

vCash
    I don't think anyone said cann was in over his head, just that he inherited a shitty situation and our pitching staff was going to be short handed both this year and probably next due to injuries. Guys have stepped up and matured quickly and we are playing far beyond expectations most everyone had for the team 6 weeks ago.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgs View Post
    I don't think anyone said cann was in over his head, just that he inherited a shitty situation and our pitching staff was going to be short handed both this year and probably next due to injuries. Guys have stepped up and matured quickly and we are playing far beyond expectations most everyone had for the team 6 weeks ago.

Several folks said it. One poster kept talking about how we hired the wrong guy. I don't recall who it was and ain't goin back to look it up but it was most definitely said numerous times

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgs View Post
    Yeah they did.

vCash
    Not sure if it was me who said Cann was in over his head but I will say I have enjoyed watching us play and go 10-2 the last four series largely due to the masterful job of in game decisions by Cann and Henderson. I will eat crow there. I absolutely think Cann is the right man for the job and believe he can win a national championship here. I don't think this is the year but I have to say I have enjoyed watching these guys play more then I did last year's team. I know I was questioning one of Cann's decisions today to leave Barlow in but overall he has been right on the money with his decisions. If he keeps growing as a head coach like he is, he could absolutely be one of the best coaches in all of college baseball soon. We are winning series with Cole Gordon as our Saturday starter. If Cann isn't coach of the year in the SEC, I really would like to know what the definition of that award means.