Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Weekend Cooking and Drinking Thread: Easter Edition

vCash

Weekend Cooking and Drinking Thread: Easter Edition

Sorry for the late start but here it is. Fish for me today because, Good Friday.

vCash
    Imitated a favorite from a local place tonight - a Charleston Saute. Shrimp sauted with ham, fried okra, tomatoes and green peppers. Served over creamy grits.

vCash
    Smoked beef short ribs for me.....baby back pork ribs for family done on the Jambo offset with mix of hickory and pecan. As far as liquid enjoyment that is still in conference! I do wish this thread would become a staple, love the pics some of you DOGS add with your post......Would love to see some DOG weekend warriors in action from the campus during Fball season....I’m a dry rub guy when it comes to pork ribs and SPG with the beef. I usually use Ely’s pepper seasoning for the beef and I believe the Shapleys/Ely’s connection is a DOG blood line unless I’m mistaken, If i’m correct it’s a wonderful product.

vCash
    Tomorrow will be 69lbs of crawfish and 12lbs of fried catfish...share pics as it happens and smoke a butt sumday for easter....sorry its been awhile boys...gonna get beast on his game again after that menu

vCash
    Had a managers special ribeye steak, baked potato, bacon wrapped green beans with a balsamic vinaigrette reduction sauce and a big ass mug of miller lite. Got two butterflied porkchops with crawfish stuffing I made last week in the freezer. Gonna bust those out for Sunday. Life is good, God is good! Go Dawgs!

vCash
    night cap: crown black over ice and War Dogs on the tube

vCash
    Drinking bourbon and re-binging House of Cards.

vCash
    I'm goin with the real deal Jamaican Jerk chicken and as much rum as I can handle. We head out to Jamaica Sunday morning

vCash
    Had Cajun baked catfish filets last night, not For religious reasons just wanted fish. Put a Boston Butt in the egg at 7:30 this morning. Need to get industrious and make a batch of my BBQ sauce cause I'm out. It's the wife's family coming tonight so they may get to eat bottle BBQ sauce. Drank my usual Dos Equis last night with a nightcap of sweet tea, wife was drinking Abita Strawberrys.

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Last night...Got homemade alfredo out of the freezer and blended it in with saut?ed onions, shallots, mushrooms, garlic, green onion, peppadews, and crumbled crispy bacon. Over some bucatini pasta with grilled chicken. Wine a
    Locations rose followed by a Pinot from Dave Phinney wine club.

Tonite...been marinating a skirt steak in seasoning, balsamic, Worcestershire, garlic, red onions and a 20oz Dr Pepper. Gonna do some beef fajitas. Beer followed by a petite sirah to hold up to the spice.

Tomorrow...grass fed burgers with all the fixins with sweet tea

Banned
    vCash
    I'm heading out to DFW Mudbug Bash, where I'll eat these

Also hope to meet this fellow MSU alum

vCash
    Bologna sandwich on white bread with mayo and a cold drink.

vCash
    Grilled hamburgers and fries last night with Jack No. 7. Undecided about tonight. Probably a beef tenderloin tomorrow for Easter lunch.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutt the Hoople View Post
    I'm heading out to DFW Mudbug Bash, where I'll eat these

Also hope to meet this fellow MSU alum
    I guess I didn't get the memo. About to try Ten50 BBQ in Richardson for the first time. Met the owner whose dad played football for state back in the 50s.
    I'm sure he knows his way around a smoker

vCash
    Had a serious hankering for seafood after a week in Eastern Europe. Grilled red snapper, corn, squash/zucchini and hot dogs for speckledawg jr. Enjoying another series win for the dawgs. Eagle Rare to help it all down.

Last edited by SpeckleDawg; 04-15-2017 at 06:49 PM.

vCash
    Smoked chicken, squash on the grill, potatoes, a decent chard and, so far, a Mississippi Fire Ant and a Dirty Bastard.

vCash
    The Girl had Senior Prom tonight. So by the time pics, etc were done we decided to eat out. Nothing special, but had a Hop Nosh Tangerine IPA - great spring time beer.

vCash
    The grocery store had monk fish for $10 a pound...not a bad price, and a really interesting fish if you've never had it (almost has the texture of lobster tail). It's roasted, and served on sauteed spinach and a pomme rosti, with grilled tomatoes and a sauce I made from some leftover riesling. Pretty damn good. Tonight I'm drinking Bass.

vCash
    Monk fish in Mississippi? The Kroger in Starkville? I wish one of the ones in Tupelo would branch out a bit. Wait minute....aren't you in Boston now? We like to brag about Gulf Seafood but cold water seafood is the BEST. Scotland trumps New England by the way.