Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Baseball at 47,427,000 to Roy Anderson

vCash
    I wish I had enough money to pay cash for that shit! But at least I will get to see it right.

vCash
    So what is included in the "first phase"?

vCash
    So basically Stricklin set a huge expectation that was nowhere near possible at the budget originally discussed....and now we're going to get a pieced together scaled down version of what we all hoped for, still spend the $50 mil, but have no lofts, similar site lines, and be grouped in as "one of the top parks in the country" instead of "THE top park in the country" like we were promised by loafers?

Say it ain't so
    Last edited by CadaverDawg; 04-14-2017 at 04:06 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    So basically Stricklin set a huge expectation that was nowhere near possible at the budget originally discussed....and now we're going to get a pieced together scaled down version of what we all hoped for, still spend the $50 mil, but have no lofts, similar site lines, and be grouped in as "one of the top parks in the country" instead of "THE top park in the country" liked we were promised by loafers?

Say it ain't so
    Wut

You are assuming an awful lot.

Archimedes
    vCash
    So basically Stricklin set a huge expectation that was nowhere near possible at the budget originally discussed....and now we're going to get a pieced together scaled down version of what we all hoped for, still spend the $50 mil, but have no lofts, similar site lines, and be grouped in as "one of the top parks in the country" instead of "THE top park in the country" liked we were promised by loafers?

Say it ain't so
    The biggest problem is the time frame people wanted it done in. If you started completely over on a new site then that number would have been real close.

vCash

Say it ain't so
    Geez. Let's at least wait until the ballpark is built until we freak out.

The Lofts are going to be built as a separate project.

I don't see how the sightlines will be the same simply because the angle of the grandstand will have to be different.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WinningIsRelentless View Post
    The biggest problem is the time frame people wanted it done in. If you started completely over on a new site then that number would have been real close.
    I'm personally fine with waiting another 2-3 years to do it right as opposed to rushing into it with a corner cutting approach. The baseball program isn't the Chargers....they aren't gonna pack up and leave town if we don't get them a new palace as soon as possible.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Geez. Let's at least wait until the ballpark is built until we freak out.

The Lofts are going to be built as a separate project.

I don't see how the sightlines will be the same simply because the angle of the grandstand will have to be different.
    They're saying the dugouts will not be moved at all, so is it possible to change sightlines while keeping the dugouts in the same spot? Hopefully so, bc sightlines are one of my biggest complaints of the current Dude

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    Wut

You are assuming an awful lot.
    Not if you read here and on SPS. That's why I'm asking

vCash
    They're saying the dugouts will not be moved at all, so is it possible to change sightlines while keeping the dugouts in the same spot? Hopefully so, bc sightlines are one of my biggest complaints of the current Dude
    I agree with what Todd said or replied to you.

I'm positive the expansion will be just fine and will be top notch, after all, we have an ex baseball coach who will be overseeing this project. Also, there will be a phase 2 and maybe phase 3 to this project.

Have more patience.

vCash
    I'm seriously asking....based off the comments here and SPS, it sounds that way, so I was asking
    That's cool. I've seen that thread on sixpack as well and they're all freaking out last time I checked. But unless it has been mentioned by someone else over there since I last checked, no one has mentioned that the lofts are being built in another phase which has been mentioned in this thread. There's no need to worry about that.

If we save the dugouts and the box seats I wouldn't assume too much based off of that good or bad. I'm assuming that the issue with the box seats is the people that sit there probably want to just keep the actual seat and want it exactly where it is. That's only thing that makes sense as far as keeping those and going through the trouble to do so as I would imagine it would probably be a lot cheaper and easier to knock those out with the rest of the grandstand. And I will say that at least the people in the box seats seem to be the season ticket holders that show up to the games so if the AD wants to throw them a bone that's fine I guess. I don't know that will affect the sight lines that much since they seem to me from my untrained eye to be at a different angle than the seats behind the concourse above them and I'm guessing that we could certainly build seats in front of the current box seats at least in some sections and add seats in front and possibly incorprorate them into the structure- but I don't know if that's the case or not.

At the end of the day when the new stadium is built I think everyone is going to be very happy with it and look back on threads like this and laugh. We're building something that will help make our baseball program better and our fans more comfortable at games and give us a better overall experience. Of course that means that we have tons of people against it because that means change. It sort of reminds me of the people that were against us hiring Cohen because Polk wanted Raffo when most of us knew that at least going outside the Polk circle of influence would be better for us in the long run. And sure Cohen's first two seasons were rough but eventually he got us back into the national picture again and had seasons that met our expectations aside from 2015 and then when he left he handed the program over to another really good coach and has left the program in pretty good shape besides the epidemic of Tommy John injuries. I don't think any of the pro Raffo people now with the benefit of hindsight would say that we made the wrong move by hiring Cohen and I think five years from now or less I don't think anyone is going to regret how we did the stadium.