Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg34 View Post
I'm strongly looking at getting home internet and cutting the cord. Here's what I just sent DTV:

You may not care but you effectively lost a customer today that has been with you for 12 of the last 14 years. The two I was not a customer were when I was in an apartment and was forced to get cable. I called today to see about lowering my bill as $132 is way more money than tv I watch. Especially when your biggest competitor is almost a 1/3 that price. Your CS rep only offered me $40 off for a year. I told her that was not good enough as that was still basically twice dish. That said, I'm not looking to rip anybody off. I saw you had a deal for new customers that offered the same package I have along with equipment for 4 rooms, HD DVR, and a few other perks like Sunday ticket and movie channels for $75/month. All I asked was that a loyal customer for over a decade be given the same offer as someone that has never paid you a penny. I was very rudely told that was for new customers only. So I'm worth less to you than a new subscriber. Fine. I'm going to pay my bill coming up due here in a few days and it will be the last dime you ever get of mine. I am actively looking at other options and will have switched before my next bill comes due. I don't think I was asking a lot, and then to be so rudely dismissed was the difference. So enjoy the last of my money you get. From here on out it will be going to a competitor while I let as many people as I can how you feel about your loyal customers.
Nice let us know the response.