Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: OT: What lines have y'all used to get cable/satellite companies to come off prices?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 8dawg View Post
    CSpire fiber if it's offered in your neighborhood.
    It stops about a mile and a half short.

vCash
    I call dish every 6 months and say I want to cancel. They transfer me to a representative and they say something like we see you've been a dish customer for 5 years. We can take 30 dollars off your bill for 6 months. I say great and i will call them back in 6 months.

vCash
    Try Exede satellite internet. We just swapped from Dish and a cellphone hotspot to Exede and Direct TV. Exede is $80/month for 150 gigs of data. The speed is decent, 8 -
    10 megs download and 2 upload. The plan promises 12 megs but I've never seen that. We haven't had any problem streaming Netflix. The company (ViaSat) is supposed to launch a new satellite at the end of April with 3 times the capacity and twice the speed.

vCash
    I also recommend PsVue if you have fast internet. We pay 65/month for fiber in Starkville and 25/month for PsVue. Have had no problems whatsoever, really fast internet, and have the option to record. Can't complain.

vCash
    I am exploring all options to see what is available where I live just outside the city limits of Starkvegas.

Here's what pissed me smooth the 17 off. I was not there trying to rip them off. I try to play fair and be nice. I basically told the rep I saw they had a deal for new customers. I've been a DTV customer for 14 of the last 16 years and those two years were because I was in an apartment and couldn't get DTV. I flat out told them I would be perfectly content to stay if they would just match that new customer deal. That's all they had to do was match a deal for a loyal customer that they were giving people that had never paid them a dime. Wouldn't even consider it. Well you know what? 17 you with a cast iron dildo.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloak View Post
    I also recommend PsVue if you have fast internet. We pay 65/month for fiber in Starkville and 25/month for PsVue. Have had no problems whatsoever, really fast internet, and have the option to record. Can't complain.
    Define fast internet. All I have is what is on my phone so I will have to get internet for the house. I see all these speeds they advertise but I have no idea what I would need. It would need to run two TV's, two phones, and very rarely a tablet or laptop, but 99% of the time just two phones and two TV's.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg34 View Post
    Define fast internet. All I have is what is on my phone so I will have to get internet for the house. I see all these speeds they advertise but I have no idea what I would need. It would need to run two TV's, two phones, and very rarely a tablet or laptop, but 99% of the time just two phones and two TV's.
    PsVue claims to only use 5Mbps per stream, but you'd be safer with around 10 a stream. So for two TVs streaming at the same time, with phones, I would go for around 25Mbps. You can always sign up for the PsVue free trial and test to see what works.

vCash
    I am exploring all options to see what is available where I live just outside the city limits of Starkvegas.

Here's what pissed me smooth the 17 off. I was not there trying to rip them off. I try to play fair and be nice. I basically told the rep I saw they had a deal for new customers. I've been a DTV customer for 14 of the last 16 years and those two years were because I was in an apartment and couldn't get DTV. I flat out told them I would be perfectly content to stay if they would just match that new customer deal. That's all they had to do was match a deal for a loyal customer that they were giving people that had never paid them a dime. Wouldn't even consider it. Well you know what? 17 you with a cast iron dildo.
    Well, then just cancel. Go to Dish or cut the cord completely. Dish is cheaper, but cutting the cord is the future anyway. DTV is absolutely the worst there is. You won't miss them. I haven't.

vCash
    Man I went to Direct about 3 months ago from ATT Uverse and I hate it. Yeah i get HBO and all that for 6 months but they said they rarely go out. BS!!! I know my wife would never for cutting the cord, and it would be hard for me to lose my Golf Channel and SEC Network

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fader2103 View Post
    Man I went to Direct about 3 months ago from ATT Uverse and I hate it. Yeah i get HBO and all that for 6 months but they said they rarely go out. BS!!! I know my wife would never for cutting the cord, and it would be hard for me to lose my Golf Channel and SEC Network

LOL I had Directv for 19 years and in January was able to get Uverse Fiber To the Home and it's great. I was afraid the picture quality wouldn't be as good, but I had to cut the brightness, sharpness and color down and make a few other tweaks. Now I think the picture clarity exceeds Directv's.

vCash

I had Directv for 19 years. I was told about a year ago, by somebody that should know, that if you try to do the cancel thing to get a better subscription, with Directv, you had better have a another provider available because you would probably need one.

The best way to get the best deal, if you wanted to go back to Directv, would be to go with another provider. After I went with ATT Uverse, I think I got an offer from Directv that even beat these new custommer deals. I had gotten a really good promotion deal, and a 1 year contract, with the price good for two years, with ATT Uverse so I didn't even consider it. The Directv one was also just for one year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yjnkdawg View Post
    I had Directv for 19 years. I was told about a year ago, by somebody that should know, that if you try to do the cancel thing to get a better subscription, with Directv, you had better have a another provider available because you would probably need one.
    From the replies in this thread, it looks like that is the case, and an incredibly stupid way of doing business on their part. I am excited about it, can't wait to cut it and stop giving any of those terrible companies so much of my money. I had comcast for probably 15 years, uverse for 1 year, and now directtv for 1 year. Comcast is hands down the worst company I've ever dealt with in my life on any level, and it was way more expensive than uverse or directtv. Uverse was great, and not so expensive, very easy to deal with, but couldn't get it when we moved. Directtv has terrible service and the guide and entire system are awful, and the price is too much for what we were getting, but a hell of a lot better than comcast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fader2103 View Post
    Sling has SEC TV and SEC+. I was actually impressed with their sports selections. Had it for two weeks now (you can try first week for free). Still holding out for YouTube TV to hopefully launch in North MS with multiple logins. Sling announced a DVR service ($5/mo) today to combat YouTube, which will have DVR service as well. The streaming services are catching up fast with live programming and the pricing is too good to turn down.

vCash
    I'm strongly looking at getting home internet and cutting the cord. Here's what I just sent DTV:

You may not care but you effectively lost a customer today that has been with you for 12 of the last 14 years. The two I was not a customer were when I was in an apartment and was forced to get cable. I called today to see about lowering my bill as $132 is way more money than tv I watch. Especially when your biggest competitor is almost a 1/3 that price. Your CS rep only offered me $40 off for a year. I told her that was not good enough as that was still basically twice dish. That said, I'm not looking to rip anybody off. I saw you had a deal for new customers that offered the same package I have along with equipment for 4 rooms, HD DVR, and a few other perks like Sunday ticket and movie channels for $75/month. All I asked was that a loyal customer for over a decade be given the same offer as someone that has never paid you a penny. I was very rudely told that was for new customers only. So I'm worth less to you than a new subscriber. Fine. I'm going to pay my bill coming up due here in a few days and it will be the last dime you ever get of mine. I am actively looking at other options and will have switched before my next bill comes due. I don't think I was asking a lot, and then to be so rudely dismissed was the difference. So enjoy the last of my money you get. From here on out it will be going to a competitor while I let as many people as I can how you feel about your loyal customers.

vCash
    I'm strongly looking at getting home internet and cutting the cord. Here's what I just sent DTV:

You may not care but you effectively lost a customer today that has been with you for 12 of the last 14 years. The two I was not a customer were when I was in an apartment and was forced to get cable. I called today to see about lowering my bill as $132 is way more money than tv I watch. Especially when your biggest competitor is almost a 1/3 that price. Your CS rep only offered me $40 off for a year. I told her that was not good enough as that was still basically twice dish. That said, I'm not looking to rip anybody off. I saw you had a deal for new customers that offered the same package I have along with equipment for 4 rooms, HD DVR, and a few other perks like Sunday ticket and movie channels for $75/month. All I asked was that a loyal customer for over a decade be given the same offer as someone that has never paid you a penny. I was very rudely told that was for new customers only. So I'm worth less to you than a new subscriber. Fine. I'm going to pay my bill coming up due here in a few days and it will be the last dime you ever get of mine. I am actively looking at other options and will have switched before my next bill comes due. I don't think I was asking a lot, and then to be so rudely dismissed was the difference. So enjoy the last of my money you get. From here on out it will be going to a competitor while I let as many people as I can how you feel about your loyal customers.
    Nice let us know the response.

vCash
    After 15 years with Directv -- I had had enough..... bill nearly 135.00 per month (3 boxes) no extra channels... CHARGED for SEC Network

NOW with Dish.... Bill $75.00.... SAVE the money and take the one you love to dinner.... WIN, WIN....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TimberBeast View Post
    Nice let us know the response.
    My response so far from them:

vCash
    Slightly OT, but any suggestions on internet outside of city limits in Starkville? Satellite internet is data capped and so damn expensive.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stalkingpoon View Post
    Slightly OT, but any suggestions on internet outside of city limits in Starkville? Satellite internet is data capped and so damn expensive.
    I'm wondering the same thing. I am maybe 3 miles past the city limits at most. I would love to have c spire fiber but they don't go out as far as where I am and, like you said, Hughs net is not an option.

vCash
    All I asked was that a loyal customer for over a decade be given the same offer as someone that has never paid you a penny. I was very rudely told that was for new customers only. So I'm worth less to you than a new subscriber. Fine. I'm going to pay my bill coming up due here in a few days and it will be the last dime you ever get of mine. I am actively looking at other options and will have switched before my next bill comes due. I don't think I was asking a lot, and then to be so rudely dismissed was the difference. So enjoy the last of my money you get. From here on out it will be going to a competitor while I let as many people as I can how you feel about your loyal customers.[/QUOTE]

Same thing happened to me. and I've been with them almost 20 years. Rude bastard pretty much told me to go jump in a lake. Thing is I have zero leverage. Live in a very rural area with terrible internet connection. I don't want to go to Dish because they don't have MLB Extra Innings which is all I watch for 5 months.