Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Soooooooo..... we played Stovall at SS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster View Post
    I would have told my sister good luck to you guys and been batting 3rd as usual that day. But I realize I'm not like most people
    Thank God!!! LOL - j/k....sort of....

vCash
    Wow, some folks have some pretty whacked out priorities. Young man wants to be part of a huge day for his family, and the family gets skewered, including the sister and Dad? C'mon.

Grids will be a key part of the late season run. He's played every inning so far, so missing this one game may be a great break.

vCash
    Maybe the sister read Elitedawgs early in the season and decided the Alabama series would be meaningless.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Big4Dawg View Post
    Per Paul: As you may have noticed, Gridley played second tonight and Stovall switched over to shortstop. They did that to give Stovall experience at shortstop because Gridley said he has to be in his sister's wedding in two weekends when MSU hosts Alabama at Dudy Noble Field.

Are. You. ****ing. Kidding.
    This has to be a joke..WTF??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    So Mangum is your cousin?

As for gridley, his future brother in law must not be a state baseball fan

Correct... some might say I played a big part in getting him to State as I was a student while he was being recruited *pats self on back*

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by louisvilledawg View Post
    Unacceptable and also pathetic by the sister? You need to take a few days off from elitedawgs and check back into reality my man. There are a lot more important things in life than one baseball game against alabama.

Good for Gridley. No way in hell i would miss my sister's wedding because of a regular season game.

This was one of the most ridiculous posts i've seen on this board. You're such a tool.
    There are a lot more important things than having the "perfect" wedding weekend. A marriage is extremely important. The spiritual part of the wedding ceremony is important. The "party" that she is asking her brother to miss a game for is not that important. Maybe there's a legitimate excuse for why she has to get married on an SSEC baseball weekend and not one of the other 30 weekends throughout the year. Shotgun wedding and getting married before deployment are two good reasons and Im' sure there are many others (such as having a ceremony while a terminally ill relative is still healthy or at least able to come).

But if there's not a reason like that, it's just shitty to not give a little consideration to the people you expect to come. If you know a particular date will screw over a direct relative that you want to come, why would you intentionally schedule it then, except that you are being an inconsiderate ass hole? The vast majority of college players aren't going to get to play pro ball, and it's ridiculous to mess up one of their conference games without a reason that's better than, I'm not worried about inconveniencing others because it's my wedding day and I'm a princess. No clue whether that's the case here, but if it is, that's shitty.

vCash
    I would have told my sister good luck to you guys and been batting 3rd as usual that day. But I realize I'm not like most people
    You may have found the single way that you are like most other people; or at least most people that play competitive college sports. I would guess that for most college athletes, if the person doesn't care enough about them to schedule around their games, they aren't going to care enough to go.

vCash
    All in all, I guess I don't really have a problem with him missing one game for an important event. Not that my opinion matters anyway. But I would certainly rather have a player missing a game because of a wedding than one that is missing games because he was idiotic enough to punch a concrete wall.

vCash
    If he was our best defensive option there- he would be there. If Stovall can play 2B and SS, he can damn sure play 3B

It's obvious Cann believes our 2nd best option with Grid out is Stovall at SS and Cody at 2B
    He is our best defensive option at every infield spot. It just so happens the fall off from him at 3B is bigger than at the other positions.

vCash
    Some people really look dumb after finding out the facts. Yes we are all passionate about our team. But this is a very special event for his family and life trumps a game or two.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyDawg View Post
    Correct... some might say I played a big part in getting him to State as I was a student while he was being recruited *pats self on back*
    But mangum is a different story.. Someone shot this guy. He ain't allowed to miss anything for any reason....

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    He is our best defensive option at every infield spot. It just so happens the fall off from him at 3B is bigger than at the other positions.
    Exactly. 3B and shortstop are completely different animals. 3B requires the fastest reaction time of any infield position for a majority of hitters (RH). It's not like anyone who can play SS can just automatically play 3B (although for some elite infielders it is not a difficult transition). And based on Stovall short arming those throws last night I would say that its easy to see why he hasn't been tried on the left side of the infield before now.
    Last edited by HSVDawg; 04-12-2017 at 12:40 PM.

vCash
    From the content of this thread, I have gathered that the Gridley family has raised fine kids. Great students, Good ball players, Future doctors, Supportive siblings, with Family orientation.

It’s cool that Cannizarro is ok with his 4.0 GPA starting Short Stop, who probably has little to no athletic scholarship, attending an event that is very important to his family.

Bottom line, somebody must step-up and take his place. The great Cody Brown will probably take an IF spot with Stovall at SS.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    I remember a day where if this happened the coach would suspend you OR make you run until you threw up. Unless it was a death in the family, OR you were so sick you couldnt walk, you had to play the game.

vCash
    Just when I thought the lunacy of these posts couldn't get any more ignorant.....

Ryan is a Bulldog baseball player for another year max....he's a brother for the rest of his life. Those of you that think one single baseball game is more important than family should take a deep breath. Kudos to Ryan for having his priorities in order. Knowing the kind of kid he is, it doesn't surprise me a bit. Good grief.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyDawg View Post
    WHAT A 17n LOSER

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    I remember a day where if this happened the coach would suspend you OR make you run until you threw up. Unless it was a death in the family, OR you were so sick you couldnt walk, you had to play the game.
    Good thing things have improved since then.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DogDaddy View Post
    Just when I thought the lunacy of these posts couldn't get any more ignorant.....

Ryan is a Bulldog baseball player for another year max....he's a brother for the rest of his life. Those of you that think one single baseball game is more important than family should take a deep breath. Kudos to Ryan for having his priorities in order. Knowing the kind of kid he is, it doesn't surprise me a bit. Good grief.
    Nobody is criticizing the player for skipping a game to go to the wedding. That's a perfectly reasonable thing to do. People are maybe criticizing the sister, depending on why the wedding is scheduled for an SEC baseball weekend.

ETA: I see somebody posted the reason now. So once it can be confirmed why December through March were not feasible, they're not even criticizing the sister.**
    Last edited by Johnson85; 04-12-2017 at 02:13 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    There are a lot more important things than having the "perfect" wedding weekend. A marriage is extremely important. The spiritual part of the wedding ceremony is important. The "party" that she is asking her brother to miss a game for is not that important. Maybe there's a legitimate excuse for why she has to get married on an SSEC baseball weekend and not one of the other 30 weekends throughout the year. Shotgun wedding and getting married before deployment are two good reasons and Im' sure there are many others (such as having a ceremony while a terminally ill relative is still healthy or at least able to come).

But if there's not a reason like that, it's just shitty to not give a little consideration to the people you expect to come. If you know a particular date will screw over a direct relative that you want to come, why would you intentionally schedule it then, except that you are being an inconsiderate ass hole? The vast majority of college players aren't going to get to play pro ball, and it's ridiculous to mess up one of their conference games without a reason that's better than, I'm not worried about inconveniencing others because it's my wedding day and I'm a princess. No clue whether that's the case here, but if it is, that's shitty.
    Think it's been stated that the sister had to choose the wedding date because she graduates from medical school soon and is moving way out West for residency.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by louisvilledawg View Post
    Think it's been stated that the sister had to choose the wedding date because she graduates from medical school soon and is moving way out West for residency.
    Well, we should at least give the sister credit for picking the Alabama series. Looks like at this point that Alabama is probably the weakest SEC baseball team this year. If we are going to beat an SEC team without Gridley at SS then AL is likely our best shot.