Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Howland Denies Garrison Brooks Release from LOI

vCash
    Not sure what is going on, but if the kid doesn't want to be at Msu, then he should go to prep school. I understand Howland not wanting to release him.

Divorce is a nasty thing especially for kids, I feel bad for the kid regardless, he's 17 maybe 18 and I think is real confused. Whatever happened between the Brooks marriage is non of my business and no telling what has been going on.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    People trying to make sense of the situation should just stop. It's not a normal situation let's just leave it at that.

Again we all know who/what is driving this.

To be at MSU like he signed up for.

This isn't a typical situation & most people can't wrap their minds around the situation. I wish Garrison the best.
    I say again, where was all of this outrage when Garrison signed? Either the situation has been tampered with OR something additional has happened to make the family situation with the parents' relationship even more toxic than it was 6 months ago. This woman acts like she just woke up today and found out her sign signed with MSU all of those months ago.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    Not sure what is going on, but if the kid doesn't want to be at Msu, then he should go to prep school. I understand Howland not wanting to release him.

Divorce is a nasty thing especially for kids, I feel bad for the kid regardless, he's 17 maybe 18 and I think is real confused. Whatever happened between the Brooks marriage is non of my business and no telling what has been going on.
    Its obviously not about what the kid wants anymore for the Mother.

vCash
    Young man said choosing Miss State was "the best decision of his life".

It appears he loves his mom a helluva lot more than she loves him. She is using him as a weapon to use against her ex-husband, because her need to get a "pound-of-flesh" from George is greater than her love for her son.

That is why she did not even show up for his signing ceremony. She told Garrison it was because she "couldn't get off work", but I think we all know that's a bunch of BS. Can you imagine her employer denying her the opportunity to be there with her son that day? Did she not have a vacation day she could have used?

Sad, angry woman with an ax-to-grind who has no qualms about screwing with her son's well-being.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    I say again, where was all of this outrage when Garrison signed? Either the situation has been tampered with OR something additional has happened to make the family situation with the parents' relationship even more toxic than it was 6 months ago. This woman acts like she just woke up today and found out her sign signed with MSU all of those months ago.
    Nothing changed it's been this way for years. Only difference is he's now less than 2 months away from being at MSU. Time isn't on her side anymore.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    If he wants to be at MSU, why is he worried about what his mom thinks? Seriously. He also has a dad and was close enough to him to sign with his school to play for him. Why is he now going along with the mom where before he did not? Something is not adding up in that department.

vCash
    This is the perfect example of what recruiting has done to kids not old enough to make decisions in their best interest. It gets self interest parents involved. Here's a real life opportunity to teach this kid a valuable life lesson. All of us in the real world have deadlines. We all have decisions we have to make and in every decision there is a consequence, good or bad.

This kid made a decision and now he (or potentially someone else), wants to change that decision after that decision was due and set in stone. Guess what? There is a penalty just like in real life for that kind of stuff. If he wants to change schools, that's fine. There's a penalty and he has to live with that. But don't blame or deflect on to MSU because you don't want your son to experience the consequences of his decisions. Welcome to the real world mom and son. You can't blame others for this situation. It's on you.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    If he wants to be at MSU, why is he worried about what his mom thinks? Seriously. He also has a dad and was close enough to him to sign with his school to play for him. Why is he now going along with the mom where before he did not? Something is not adding up in that department.
    I am guessing that as the day gets closer the bitch is cranking up to 11. Garrison has to deal with that shit on the reg so he probably just gave in to quit her bitching.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    I am guessing that as the day gets closer the bitch is cranking up to 11. Garrison has to deal with that shit on the reg so he probably just gave in to quit her bitching.
    Yep my thoughts too. Feel for the kid.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blacklistedbully View Post
    That psycho bitch
    Hey Bruh clean this shit up! He is still signed with MSU, she is still his momma and her ex-husband is one of our coaches. Show some ****ing respect

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    Well, at least he'll be properly prepared for marriage.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    She didn't show for his signing ceremony, it's obviously been an issue. It just appears that she's been able to wear him down.

vCash
    If he really didn't want to be at MSU, i would be completely fine to release him from his LOI (with the stipulation that he couldn't sign with an ACC or SEC school.)

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by louisvilledawg View Post
    If he really didn't want to be at MSU, i would be completely fine to release him from his LOI (with the stipulation that he couldn't sign with an ACC or SEC school.)
    ^^This

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Nothing changed it's been this way for years. Only difference is he's now less than 2 months away from being at MSU. Time isn't on her side anymore.
    One of the things that takes the cake for me is the mom pretending to be Garrison on Twitter and sending Paul fake DMs. That is beyond shady and shitty at the same time.

vCash
    She has already appealed, and it was denied. So she's appealing her denied appeal.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Thick View Post
    She has already appealed, and it was denied. So she's appealing her denied appeal.
    I OBJECT

Objection overruled

I STRENUOUSLY OBJECT

Oh, you strenuously object? Then I'll take some time and reconsider.

vCash
    Agreed. Some of you internet bad asses act like your trailer was burned down, your dog shot and your wife taken. Calm the hell down and act like adults. It's college basketball for Christ sake. Family comes first and Garrison needs to decide his own path. Hopefully, that path takes him to Starkville, but if it doesn't, good luck to him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    One of the things that takes the cake for me is the mom pretending to be Garrison on Twitter and sending Paul fake DMs. That is beyond shady and shitty at the same time.
    This happened?

vCash
    Anybody want to guess where he ends up after prep school?