Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Howland Denies Garrison Brooks Release from LOI

Official Elitedawg Weather Forecaster TheRef's Avatar
    vCash

Howland Denies Garrison Brooks Release from LOI

Jeff Borzello
    @jeffborzello
    Four-star center Garrison Brooks told ESPN that Mississippi State has denied his release from LOI. "Coach Howland doesn't want me to leave."

8:24am ? 11 Apr 2017 ? ShortstopBeta
    B.S. Geosciences, Professional Meteorology Concentration, Operational Emphasis
    c/o 2015
    Mississippi State University
    @Norwoodwx
    Leicester City FC Owner

vCash
    If another SEC school wasn't involved it wouldn't be that big of a deal.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Good for us

vCash
    Good.

vCash

Great.......Now, just don't back off on it after the press gets ahold of it.......

NT
    Last edited by Saltydog; 04-11-2017 at 08:51 AM.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    That's exactly what we needed to do.

vCash
    Its beyond ridiculous that he would even have the nerve to ask us for one. I am curious though, and I haven't really seen anyone say for sure, but what is his situation if he does go to another P5 school without a release? Is it like a transfer leaving without a release where he has to pay his own way the first year but would still only sit out one year? I mean I have still seen no confirmation that he is coming to MSU.
    Last edited by maroonmania; 04-11-2017 at 08:55 AM.

Official Elitedawg Weather Forecaster TheRef's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Its beyond ridiculous that he would even have the nerve to ask us for one. I am curious though, and I haven't really seen anyone say for sure, but what is his situation if he does go to another P5 school without a release? Is it like a transfer leaving without a release where he has to pay his own way the first year but would still only sit out one year? I mean I have still seen no confirmation that he is coming to MSU.
    His options are enroll in the Fall, or go to Prep school.
    B.S. Geosciences, Professional Meteorology Concentration, Operational Emphasis
    c/o 2015
    Mississippi State University
    @Norwoodwx
    Leicester City FC Owner

vCash
    Everything I read is that in this situation the poor kid is caught in the middle. I don't get the feeling that Garrison really wanted out adly or they would have worked something out. I think the request was potentially to appease momma and in this case Howland just has to play the bad guy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Irondawg View Post
    Everything I read is that in this situation the poor kid is caught in the middle. I don't get the feeling that Garrison really wanted out adly or they would have worked something out. I think the request was potentially to appease momma and in this case Howland just has to play the bad guy
    I agree 100%, that shuts mama up, and he gets to do what he wanted to do in first place.

vCash
    Good for Coach Howland.

vCash
    That is my feeling. I don't think Garrison wants to leave. I think this is all on his mother trying to get back at her ex. I also think Bruce Pearl is behind this and has tampered with this situation. He really is a cheating SOB, so he fits in really well at Auburn.

vCash
    I don't know what to think of this situation. Some on here are saying good for Howland, but if it was a coach from another team blocking someone coming to State this board would be up in arms about the coach (Petrino earlier this week), but if the player wants to stay and its another person interfering with that then I get it.
    If Garrison really wants to stay here then good for Howland, but if he wants to leave willingly on his own accord then it makes Howland look bad IMO.

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fader2103 View Post
    I don't know what to think of this situation. Some on here are saying good for Howland, but if it was a coach from another team blocking someone coming to State this board would be up in arms about the coach (Petrino earlier this week), but if the player wants to stay and its another person interfering with that then I get it.
    If Garrison really wants to stay here then good for Howland, but if he wants to leave willingly on his own accord then it makes Howland look bad IMO.
    This is a really unique situation with his father being a coach here and his mom wanting him to be anywhere but where his dad is. There aren't many other situations like this in the past where there was this much family drama.

vCash
    Good.

That's all I have to say about it atm.
    LFC YNWA

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fader2103 View Post
    Garrison wants to be here.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    what could his mother possibly hold over his head? He's a grown up. If He needs money, his father is an SEC basketball coach. Grow a pair of balls son.

Banned
    vCash
    Sounds like we have a "hell hath no fury like a woman's scorn " deal going on.

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    From the Mom:

We’re not done with the appeal process. We will go to the ends of the earth because Garrison does not want to attend Mississippi State. Contrary to what people think, this is not his mother’s decision. Yes there is friction between his parents, because I don’t think any kid should be railroaded into protecting a person’s job or doing something for his parents. This is his life. I’m prepared to retain an attorney. I’ve spoken with Mississippi State. I tried to resolve this amicably. Just release the kid. He clearly does not want to go.

Garrison has another appeal with the NLI. There’s another process that we can go through that would put everyone out there. It could put his dad as a coach out there. How did he come to this decision? Was there bad advice on his behalf? How did he make this decision without his mother? How did his dad sign the NLI if he isn’t the custodial parent? There’s a lot of things that the media does not know. I’ve never even seen the NLI. Garrison has never been a resident of Mississippi. He doesn’t even live there. His father really had no right to sign the NLI. Mississippi State knew that and they shouldn’t have allowed it. That’s why I’m questioning that part.

My appeal to them as an institution is to release the kid if he doesn’t want to go there. Don’t bring a firestorm of rumors and allegations. You don’t want those problems with a new athletics director. His dad could easily go in there and say “hey, hey, hey, it’s time to stop this. My son doesn’t want to go.” That would be what I would do. But he’s not standing up for Garrison.

My thing is we’re going to take this to the end of the earth. If that means we have to lawyer up, fight fire with fire, we’re going to see this to the end. Garrison does not intend to play basketball for Mississippi State. He doesn’t plan on going to juco. If he has to go to prep school, that’s fine, we’ll do that. But he’s not playing for Mississippi State because he doesn’t want to. He doesn’t feel that it’s a good fit. He feels like he made an emotional decision.

My thing is I want people to get it right. This isn’t an issue of a mother trying to enforce something. This is a kid who has come to me and said “mom, I don’t want to go there. What can I do?” Me being the mother that I’ve been for 17 years, I’m going to go tooth and nail for him. I feel like he’s been railroaded. I feel like he’s been misrepresented.

That is not what I’m going to allow. Garrison is a good kid. He’s a good student. He’s a good athlete. He deserves better than what we’re receiving right now.

http://www.forwhomthecowbelltolls.co...ing-brooks-nli

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Interpolation_Dawg_EX View Post
    From the Mom:

We’re not done with the appeal process. We will go to the ends of the earth because Garrison does not want to attend Mississippi State. Contrary to what people think, this is not his mother’s decision. Yes there is friction between his parents, because I don’t think any kid should be railroaded into protecting a person’s job or doing something for his parents. This is his life. I’m prepared to retain an attorney. I’ve spoken with Mississippi State. I tried to resolve this amicably. Just release the kid. He clearly does not want to go.

Garrison has another appeal with the NLI. There’s another process that we can go through that would put everyone out there. It could put his dad as a coach out there. How did he come to this decision? Was there bad advice on his behalf? How did he make this decision without his mother? How did his dad sign the NLI if he isn’t the custodial parent? There’s a lot of things that the media does not know. I’ve never even seen the NLI. Garrison has never been a resident of Mississippi. He doesn’t even live there. His father really had no right to sign the NLI> Mississippi State knew that and they shouldn’t have allowed it. That’s why I’m questioning that part.

My appeal to them as an institution is to release the kid if he doesn’t want to go there. Don’t bring a firestorm of rumors and allegations. You don’t want those problems with a new athletics director. His dad could easily go in there and say “hey, hey, hey, it’s time to stop this. My son doesn’t want to go.” That would be what I would do. But he’s not standing up for Garrison.

My thing is we’re going to take this to the end of the earth. If that means we have to lawyer up, fight fire with fire, we’re going to see this to the end. Garrison does not intend to play basketball for Mississippi State. He doesn’t plan on going to juco. If he has to go to prep school, that’s fine, we’ll do that. But he’s not playing for Mississippi State because he doesn’t want to. He doesn’t feel that it’s a good fit. He feels like he made an emotional decision.

My thing is I want people to get it right. This isn’t an issue of a mother trying to enforce something. This is a kid who has come to me and said “mom, I don’t want to go there. What can I do?” Me being the mother that I’ve been for 17 years, I’m going to go tooth and nail for him. I feel like he’s been railroaded. I feel like he’s been misrepresented.

That is not what I’m going to allow. Garrison is a good kid. He’s a good student. He’s a good athlete. He deserves better than what we’re receiving right now.

http://www.forwhomthecowbelltolls.co...ing-brooks-nli
    She says she is fine with him going to prep school so sounds like her problem is solved, he can do that. But personally, I don't have a clue on how you would trust anything she is saying. She is saying a lot of things that, to my knowledge, Garrison has never ever said. The other thing that stands out like a sore thumb on this is where was all of this mother's outrage 6 MONTHS ago when the NLI was signed and announced. She's waited 6 months to ask for the release and show her outrage on how his signing went down?
    Last edited by maroonmania; 04-11-2017 at 11:10 AM.