Thread: Mangun, Alexander, Self, & Stoval...

vCash

Mangun, Alexander, Self, & Stoval...

All have broken hands or digits... Combine that with the TJ's and it's a miracle we can take the field right now.

vCash
    Mangum came back with a broken hand? I somehow missed that.. shit

The last I heard was that the wrist was negative on the x-ray.
    Last edited by mstatefan91; 04-11-2017 at 10:44 AM.
    LFC YNWA

vCash
    Has this been announced with Mangum? Canni said after the game Sunday that X-rays were negative and expected him to play tonight. Had this changed?

vCash
    I was told this today, but depending on location and how severe he could still play. I'll follow up again and see what's up, but told he's got a boxer's fracture. Haven't been told he's out though, so I'd have to think he's suiting up if Canni said so.

vCash
    Self just pitched twice this weekend. Didn't seem to have anything wrong.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by diamonddawg17 View Post
    Self just pitched twice this weekend. Didn't seem to have anything wrong.
    don't know which hand or when it happened, but his fist met up with someone's head.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    I was told this today, but depending on location and how severe he could still play. I'll follow up again and see what's up, but told he's got a boxer's fracture. Haven't been told he's out though, so I'd have to think he's suiting up if Canni said so.
    Look, its one thing to have intensity and get excited over a good play but what Mangum did the other day after scoring on the triple and error was nothing other than acting like an idiot. Heck, even after taking the 3 run lead there were still 3 more innings to go. I couldn't believe him over there punching concrete walls at the time it happened and it is just SO MState that he now has a possible fractured hand that will not only effect his batting, but maybe even more importantly for us, his pitching. Utterly freaking ridiculous. At least when Cohen in his playing days used to throw a bat or punch a wall it was over striking out or losing a game, not because he got a big hit.

Senior Member PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE's Avatar
    vCash
    never punch a wall - learned that in 7th grade

vCash
    What the hell. Dead Indians got nothing better to do?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE View Post
    never punch a wall - learned that in 7th grade
    You never win that fight.

vCash
    When my son had a boxer's fracture in high school the dr held him out of baseball for a few weeks till the X-ray looked better. He had a cinder block wall get in the way of his fist as well. Said he could play thru the pain, but it wouldn't heal correctly unless he rested it. He was the ace and the leader in hr's.
    You're blind if you can't see improvement.....Freshmens......Strain.....Kick rocks and pound sand......Drag my Yankee ass outta here!......

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Look, its one thing to have intensity and get excited over a good play but what Mangum did the other day after scoring on the triple and error was nothing other than acting like an idiot. Heck, even after taking the 3 run lead there were still 3 more innings to go. I couldn't believe him over there punching concrete walls at the time it happened and it is just SO MState that he now has a possible fractured hand that will not only effect his batting, but maybe even more importantly for us, his pitching. Utterly freaking ridiculous. At least when Cohen in his playing days used to throw a bat or punch a wall it was over striking out or losing a game, not because he got a big hit.
    It's even more comical that the official word is that he injured it when diving into 3rd... Right.. so someone with an injured hand gets so jacked that he forgets the pain and starts punching a wall..

Simply put, don't punch walls.
    LFC YNWA

vCash
    Common theme from us to punch walls. Dakota Hudson broke his hand hitting the wall after the OM game a couple years ago. At least he(Dakota) did it cause he was pissed. Mango was happy lol

vCash
    Anybody who purposely punches a wall and breaks their hand is an idiot. An absolute moron.