Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Death Penalty talks in the air

vCash

Death Penalty talks in the air

This is good news for OM.*** The president of Maryland is publicly talking about the DP in regards to UNC. We all know that OM and UNC's cases are very similar. If the NCAA doesn't take down UNC then OM's head will doubly be on the chopping block. Someone has to be punished. UNC has an elite BB program the NCAA might want to protect. OM has????

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/s...eels-athletics
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

vCash

Exclamation Interesting -- Dates of UNC and OM go hand in hand...

Quote Originally Posted by Reason2succeed View Post
    This is good news for OM.*** The president of Maryland is publicly talking about the DP in regards to UNC. We all know that OM and UNC's cases are very similar. If the NCAA doesn't take down UNC then OM's head will doubly be on the chopping block. Someone has to be punished. UNC has an elite BB program the NCAA might want to protect. OM has????

Oh boy,Ever WONDER WHY (?) it has taken the NCAA so Long to present it case against that school up north?.....
    Jeez not one BUT two MAJOR colleges with MORE than one MAJOR infraction...... Interesting article for sure....
    WONDER how many REVISIONS that school up north will see..... I believe at LEAST 3 more..... js

vCash

What was the punishment...a National Championship?

Hurt me!

vCash
    NCAA has something like 60-80% of its revenue coming from the NCAA tournament. That's why players at UK are eligible immediately and why Kansas is never on probation.

vCash
    A PRESIDENT of a university just referenced the death penalty as a likely punishment for a program in the SAME conference. This blows up the argument that "the NCAA said they'd never do that again" and that other schools would not be in support of the NCAA using some muscle. All I can say now is: your turn Keenum!!!

https://imgur.com/gallery/6uyEQ0J
    Last edited by Reason2succeed; 04-11-2017 at 07:16 AM.

vCash
    Somewhere Freeze just pooped a splinter.

vCash
    "Mistakes were made" must be the new in vogue PR, Legal Advice talking points these days
    Not only did Mississippi State embarrass LSU on this night. Davis Wade Stadium wrecked Tiger Stadium in music choice, atmosphere and, most of all, volume.

When I'm 80 and deaf, it's not going to be all those Springsteen concerts or Queen at Municipal Auditorium in New Orleans on Halloween Night in 1978, it will be this game...............Glen Guilbeau--Sherveport Times

vCash
    Yahtzee!!
    You're blind if you can't see improvement.....Freshmens......Strain.....Kick rocks and pound sand......Drag my Yankee ass outta here!......

vCash
    OUCH!!! HAHA!

vCash

Let's make Wallace Loh the NCAA president and enforcer! He can be the Negan to rogue colleges.

vCash
    I think this is why Bdork was bringing up the vague comment about staying in the SEC in the hostage video. There has to have been some talk going around about issuing the DP.

vCash
    Everyone in college athletics knows that things have run amuck and that it will not stop until someone significant gets the DP. They may not drop it on UNC basketball but their other programs better watch out. OM is a nobody but because of their own self promotion the NCAA could drop the hammer on them and act like Emmert has taken a bold stance against an SEC heavyweight when in actually they are an afterthought in every sport.

vCash
    I'd be absolutely floored if the NCAA shot itself in the pocket book by instituting any extended post-season ban on UNC. 2 years in basketball at most. They don't want to take that hair cut... and if they're somehow forced too, UK will have Nike signing their commits to contracts before their final AAU tournament is done because they know there's no way in hell the NCAA is kicking any other huge fan bases out of the tourney. NCAA doesn't punish basketball like other sports. It's too big of a revenue stream for them.

vCash
    A PRESIDENT of a university just referenced the death penalty as a likely punishment for a program in the SAME conference. This blows up the argument that "the NCAA said they'd never do that again" and that other schools would not be in support of the NCAA using some muscle. All I can say now is: your turn Keenum!!!]
    Not complaining about the quote from the Maryland president, but Maryland is no longer in the same conference as UNC.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AusTexDawg View Post
    Not complaining about the quote from the Maryland president, but Maryland is no longer in the same conference as UNC.
    You're right. My bad. I'm still glad he put it out there.

vCash
    Here's a couple of my thoughts:

1) From the article it states that "(Coach Roy) Williams said the length of the investigation in some ways has been a punishment for his program." Give me a 17n break!!! This is what's happening to our society with all of these leaders pleading for leniency after they've gotten caught as opposed to having the integrity and honor to do what's right in the first place.

2) I do realize that Williams wasn't involved much with the program when the academic scandal happened as I believe it's from the late-1990s thru 2010 but did involve 1000s of UNC students but due to UNC's process of delay, it's just now bubbling to the surface of the NCAA's kettle. There appears to be no statue of limitations on this but apparently all of the championships (throughout the athletic department) that UNC won are tainted as obviously ineligible players were used for 15+ years.

With both of these thoughts in mind, UNC has to pay the piper (the NCAA) in some form or fashion. But more importantly, the Big Dance and the millions of $'s generated from this annual production will still materialize as the same revenues with or without UNC are pretty much guaranteed by the tv contracts. What a bold statement it make if the NCAA hammers BOTH UNC and TCUN by administering the Death Penalty!

Talk about programs getting their house in order and walking the straight-and-narrow.
    Last edited by WSOPdawg; 04-11-2017 at 01:48 PM.

vCash
    You're right. My bad. I'm still glad he put it out there.
    This article is a great piece of information because Maryland quit the ACC and it shows that deep down the presidents would love to fry the rogue meat heads in athletics, if they can fry UNC then NM is GONE.

vCash
    A PRESIDENT of a university just referenced the death penalty as a likely punishment for a program in the SAME conference. This blows up the argument that "the NCAA said they'd never do that again" and that other schools would not be in support of the NCAA using some muscle. All I can say now is: your turn Keenum!!!

https://imgur.com/gallery/6uyEQ0J
    Kennum is a JOKE and has NO BACKBONE......

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WSOPdawg View Post
    Here's a couple of my thoughts:

1) From the article it states that "(Coach Roy) Williams said the length of the investigation in some ways has been a punishment for his program." Give me a 17n break!!! This is what's happening to our society with all of these leaders pleading for leniency after they've gotten caught as opposed to having the integrity and honor to do what's right in the first place.

2) I do realize that Williams wasn't involved much with the program when the academic scandal happened as I believe it's from the late-1990s thru 2010 but did involve 1000s of UNC students but due to UNC's process of delay, it's just now bubbling to the surface of the NCAA's kettle. There appears to be no statue of limitations on this but apparently all of the championships (throughout the athletic department) that UNC won are tainted as obviously ineligible players were used for 15+ years.

With both of these thoughts in mind, UNC has to pay the piper (the NCAA) in some form or fashion. But more importantly, the Big Dance and the millions of $'s generated from this annual production will still materialize as the same revenues with or without UNC are pretty much guaranteed by the tv contracts. What a bold statement it make if the NCAA hammers BOTH UNC and TCUN by administering the Death Penalty!

Talk about programs getting their house in order and walking the straight-and-narrow.
    This is very simple....

1. Live ABOVE wrong doings

2. Do NOT Lie...

3. Do NOT Cheat...

4. Do NOT Steal.....

If you do.... then pay the PRICE......

vCash
    2010 - long damn time for another potential screw up by the NCAA. On the heels of the Miami fiasco that had them clean out their investigation unit, they cannot blow this. Dean Smith's reputation or not, a university committied major academic fraud. They have served (perhaps still are) probation with their accreditation body.

They have spent 18 mil in legal fees - delayed, argued procedure and which set of rules applied to which set of charges. They got some reclassified only to run their mouths and get more charges leveled and reinstated. Anyone with a brain can see this is a delaying tactic to run out the clock - a tactic our friends up north were trying to emulate.

UNC owes a response And let the deadline from their December 2016 3RD NOA come and go. Want to see how it is done UNM - http://www.newsobserver.com/sports/c...138618983.html

The thing is, the number 3 NOA is reportedly a bitch. Bad news. Remember what the enforcement staff has stated. They only place infractions on these NOA's that are 100% slam dunks. UNC is fighting for Dean Smith's reputation in addition to the saving their two largest programs.

The NCAA has clearly learned from this. They have dropped the charges on UNM's head much faster while continuing to march on with the investigation. Message - stop this shit or we keep finding it. Delay, and we divide it up so we have the option to call time on charges 1-10, 1-15, 5 of them, all of them.

UNM is due to make an excuse or make a response.

The Maryland Dean may have just pushed he Bears onto the docket quicker. If the NCAA dispatches UNM in Brutal fashion, UNC will stop their games and quit trying to run out the clock.
    Last edited by Dawgowar; 04-11-2017 at 06:43 PM.