Thread: Starter vs MS Valley State...

vCash

Starter vs MS Valley State...

Any idea who we'll start vs Valley? Sure would be big for the staff if we could give the start to someone like Parker Ford and get 4-5 innings plus.

vCash
    Or Mahoney

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Or Mahoney
    Yea. What's the latest on Billingsley? And will Ashcraft miss significant time with the groin injury?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Yea. What's the latest on Billingsley? And will Ashcraft miss significant time with the groin injury?
    Wouldn't surprise me if Ashcraft doesn't pitch for a few weekends, but he may be back soon. Billingsley is probably coming back this week or the next.

vCash
    Screw it. Let Rooker pitch. He can do everything else.

vCash
    I don't think Parker Ford is going to be able to give us 4-5 innings vs. anybody right now. Him actually recording an out was a big step for him last week. If Billingsley is able, I would definitely start him but I wouldn't let him go that long. I'd try to make sure I got Mahoney and Ford an inning apiece early in the game and see what the situation is around inning 4-5 and play it that way. I'd let Billingsley go 1-2 innings depending on where he is physically. My biggest goal if I were Cann would be to not pitch Spencer Price if at all possible. If Mahoney and Ford look good I might extend them to two innings if I could. I might give Plumlee and Barton an inning apiece to try to get them to work some things out.