Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Kicker Commit

vCash

New Kicker Commit

I'm surprised not to see a thread on this already. We got a commitment from the nations top kicker. I think he deserves his own thread. Welcome to the Bulldog Family!!!!

vCash
    Saw he was 7-13 on FG's last year with a long of 52 and 36/36 on XP's.

vCash
    Recruiting thread... definetely deserves its own thread though bc he's supposedly one of the best in the country. 7 offers: us, army, Iowa state, Kentucky, Miami, Nebraska, and Rutgers. His name is Evan McPherson

vCash
    I love that we're finally going hard after big-time kickers.

Banned
    vCash
    Let's hope we've got someone to develop him. I think our kicking coaches , not talent has been our problems in this area. Wish we could hire JWS as special teams coach.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    Let's hope we've got someone to develop him. I think our kicking coaches , not talent has been our problems in this area. Wish we could hire JWS as special teams coach.
    This farce that sherrill had accurate good kickers has steady grown over the years but it's just not true. He had a couple kickers who made some clutch kicks but they weren't more accurate than Mullen kickers.

Senior Member PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE's Avatar
    vCash
    We've had Chris Boniol for 3 years..

"Chris Boniol is a former professional American football placekicker in the National Football League for the Dallas Cowboys, Philadelphia Eagles and the Chicago Bears. He won Super Bowl XXX with the Cowboys. In 1996, he tied the NFL record for most field goals in a game with seven. Boniol was an assistant coach for the Dallas Cowboys from 2010 to 2013, and focused on kickers and punters. In 2014, he was hired by the Oakland Raiders as an assistant to special teams coordinator Bobby April"

vCash
    His name is Evan McPherson.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    This farce that sherrill had accurate good kickers has steady grown over the years but it's just not true. He had a couple kickers who made some clutch kicks but they weren't more accurate than Mullen kickers.
    Without looking it up, I would venture to guess that most of their misses were from the 40+ish range vs. having to hold your breath and cross your fingers on chip-shots and xp's.

vCash

One of our problems was injuries. Coaches can't control those. Chris Boniol is one of the reasons that McPherson committed to us. We also have an Army All American Punter coming in this year, who is also recognized for his kicking ability, Tucker Day. You can also thank Boniol, for helping to get him in the boat. These high schoool kickers and punters know who Chris Boniol is.

vCash
    Perfect timing after the show our kickers put on yesterday.

vCash
    Saw a tweet where a kicker had taken a preferred walk-on offer from us for this season. Had a pic of he and Mullen, think it was sent out Friday.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    I'm surprised not to see a thread on this already. We got a commitment from the nations top kicker. I think he deserves his own thread. Welcome to the Bulldog Family!!!!
    Glad to see it. Hopefully he actually pans out....unlike literally every other highly rated kicker recruit we have ever signed.

vCash
    You're right about that. We used to note how good Sherrill's kickers were coming out of high school, and they seemed to get worse every year.

vCash
    JWS had some very good special teams, and some very bad special teams. He was nothing "special" when it comes to ST play. It's just that Mullen's ST have been bad. Mostly really bad with a few good games sprinkled in.

vCash
    I question why he was not offered a full ride? We are at least 4 or 5 below 85, with Smokey and Cedric Jiles leaving, we have additional schollies available for 2018.

vCash
    Jackie Sherrill MSU Kickers

91 Chris Gardner 9/14
    92 Chris Gardner 15/27
    93 Tom Burke 17/23
    94 Tim Rogers 12/20
    95 Tim Rogers 5/11 Brian Hazelwood 4/5
    96 Brian Hazelwood 8/18
    97 Brian Hazelwood 16/26
    98 Brian Hazelwood 15/24
    99 Scott Westerfield 18/24
    00 Scott Westerfield 12/18
    01 John Michael Marlin 8/16
    02 Brent Smith 16/20
    03 Brent Smith 8/10

Dan Mullen MSU Kickers

09 Derek Depasquale 10/12 Sean Brauchle 6/9
    10 Derek Depasquale 10/12 Sean Brauchle 3/7
    11 Derek Depasquale 12/18
    12 Devon Bell 14/21
    13 Devon Bell 6/14 Evan Sobiesk 3/6
    14 Evan Sobiesk 12/14
    15 Westin Graves 15/18
    16 Westin Graves 11/19

Banned
    vCash
    Delete
    Last edited by HSVDawg; 04-09-2017 at 12:30 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    I question why he was not offered a full ride? We are at least 4 or 5 below 85, with Smokey and Cedric Jiles leaving, we have additional schollies available for 2018.
    We did offer a full ride. He's a 2018 recruit.

Banned
    vCash
    We did offer a full ride. He's a 2018 recruit.
    Well, forget what I said then.