Thread: ? about Rooker's Grand Slam

vCash

? about Rooker's Grand Slam

Does anyone know how far he hit it? How does it compare to the towering shot he hit earlier this week. I've heard that one could have gone 450 ft.
    Last edited by InTheIttaBenaHotSun; 04-09-2017 at 01:57 PM.

vCash
    https://twitter.com/bobcarskadon/status/850870234307284996

Bob Carskadon
    Verified account
    @bobcarskadon
    5h5 hours agoMore

This is the grand slam ball @Brent_Rooker19 hit, in the spot it landed. 90ish feet past the fence, 15 feet high

vCash
    https://twitter.com/HailStateBB/stat...60179554013184

.@Brent_Rooker19's GRAND SLAM left his bat at 108 MPH! His 13th home run of the season has put the Diamond Dawgs ahead!

Chart says 416. but I'm guessing longer from the above pic.

vCash
    I'm guessing that the fence is about 340-350 from home plate to the part of the outfield he hit it. You add in the 90ish feet from Carskadon's estimate and that should come out to approximately 430-440 feet. Assuming we're not way off with our estimates.

vCash
    Could Rooker get a 25 hr/75 RBI number? This is unreal the offensive numbers he is putting up. It really sucks about the TJs because this could have been a special season without so many injuries to our pitching staff.

vCash
    Lowndes County called... Told us to quit hitting baseballs in their yard.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    Could Rooker get a 25 hr/75 RBI number? This is unreal the offensive numbers he is putting up. It really sucks about the TJs because this could have been a special season without so many injuries to our pitching staff.
    If teams keep pitching to him, yes. At some point, you would think teams would just stop pitching to him. His isolated power is .561 right now. That is unheard of!! Kris Bryant had an ISO of .490 in his last year at San Diego.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KB21 View Post
    If teams keep pitching to him, yes. At some point, you would think teams would just stop pitching to him. His isolated power is .561 right now. That is unheard of!! Kris Bryant had an ISO of .490 in his last year at San Diego.
    To me, the absolute craziest thing about the year he's having is that you look at his video game stats from the plate, but then you also look down and see he leads the team in stolen bases. So, there's really no way he can't hurt you. Pitch to him and you're screwed (especially with runners on base). Don't pitch to him, and there's an 80% chance he's taking second after a walk or pitch-around situation. And Cann was very smart to hit him 2nd when a lot of conventional, pre-Sabermetric wisdom would say to hit him cleanup.
    Last edited by HSVDawg; 04-09-2017 at 09:16 AM.

vCash
    Referencing Carskadon's tweet, how the heck does a ball land 15 feet high?

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    Referencing Carskadon's tweet, how the heck does a ball land 15 feet high?
    My guess would be that it lands on a LF rig that is 15 ft off the ground. It did land on a rig first, but I'm not sure if that height eatimate is accurate. From a trajectory / physics standpoint, that notation is fairly negligible anyway. The ball probably probably only travels another 2-3 feet in "as the crow flys" distance in the final 15 feet of the flight path.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HSVDawg View Post
    My guess would be that it lands on a LF rig that is 15 ft off the ground. It did land on a rig first, but I'm not sure if that height eatimate is accurate. From a trajectory / physics standpoint, that notation is fairly negligible anyway. The ball probably probably only travels another 2-3 feet in "as the crow flys" distance in the final 15 feet of the flight path.
    Ah, you're right.

vCash
    Hope rooker had fun yesterday... he won't see anything, ANYTHING to hit today. Gonna need ya today, gridley

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Hope rooker had fun yesterday... he won't see anything, ANYTHING to hit today. Gonna need ya today, gridley
    Gridley has five home runs and so does Brown. If their numbers prove out, we could have three hitters with 10+ HRs with Mangum leading off. Brown and Gridley should benefit from what Rooker is doing as they should see a lot of fastballs and should have a lot of RBI chances. If Poole can continue to improve at the plate, we could have a lineup that doesn't have many holes if any. I like batting Stovall ninth because I think he is another hitter that could hit in the .350-.375 range. Man, if we could just have some pitchers step up, we could do something even this year. If we win today and LSU beats Arkansas and Auburn loses, we could be tied for first in the west. Who could have seen that coming after Arkansas swept us?

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    Gridley has five home runs and so does Brown. If their numbers prove out, we could have three hitters with 10+ HRs with Mangum leading off. Brown and Gridley should benefit from what Rooker is doing as they should see a lot of fastballs and should have a lot of RBI chances. If Poole can continue to improve at the plate, we could have a lineup that doesn't have many holes if any. I like batting Stovall ninth because I think he is another hitter that could hit in the .350-.375 range. Man, if we could just have some pitchers step up, we could do something even this year. If we win today and LSU beats Arkansas and Auburn loses, we could be tied for first in the west. Who could have seen that coming after Arkansas swept us?
    If he ends up anywhere near .350 - .375, he sure as hell better be hitting a lot higher than 9th. Especially in our lineup.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HSVDawg View Post
    If he ends up anywhere near .350 - .375, he sure as hell better be hitting a lot higher than 9th. Especially in our lineup.
    Actually 9th is a great spot for him there. Would put our 5 best hitters all in a row. Like another lead off. If we have an inning where you have to face Stovall, Mangum, Rooker, Gridley, and Cody Brown, it's gonna be very hard for a team not to allow us to score. A high average for him in our current lineup is much more effectively used in front of the top of our lineup, not behind them. Hits by him in the 5 or 6 hole will go mostly by the wayside. But if he hits in front of our best hitters, that greatly increases the effectiveness of a hit by him.
    Last edited by MetEdDawg; 04-09-2017 at 11:55 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    Actually 9th is a great spot for him there. Would put our 5 best hitters all in a row. Like another lead off. If we have an inning where you have to face Stovall, Mangum, Rooker, Gridley, and Cody Brown, it's gonna be very hard for a team not to allow us to score. A high average for him in our current lineup is much more effectively used in front of the top of our lineup, not behind them. Hits by him in the 5 or 6 hole will go mostly by the wayside. But if he hits in front of our best hitters, that greatly increases the effectiveness of a hit by him.
    It also gets him to plate a lot less, though.

vCash
    If Stovall does continue to hit well...

Mangum
    Stovall
    Rooker
    Gridley

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    If Stovall does continue to hit well...

Mangum
    Stovall
    Rooker
    Gridley
    This would be the best option.

vCash
    That towering grand slam reminded me of a towering shot I saw Rafiel Palmero launch completely OVER the top of the cedar trees that once grew beyond the right/center fence.