Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buy or Sell: The Grove Bowl is Pay Shea's Last Game as a Rebal ?

vCash

Buy or Sell: The Grove Bowl is Pay Shea's Last Game as a Rebal ?

Sitting here watching this.

OM apparently only runs 26 plays in Longo's offense. I'm sure that will really prepare guys for the next level.

My guess is once the NCAA hammer comes down this Summer, this will be a demoralized bunch.

Their WRs are good, but I do wonder if the loss of Stringfellow & Kelly will be more harmful than once thought. Pay Shea is good, but he simply doesn't have the arm strength that Kelly had to stretch the field. Without Kelly's missile launcher, I think OM will find it more difficult to stretch defenses like they've done in the past. Combine that with the loss of their best WR & the fastest TE in college football & I'm not sure this offense is going to have the explosiveness it once did.
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 04-08-2017 at 11:20 AM.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Why do you believe the penalties will be known this summer...I don't see them being known in time for him to make a move. I wouldn't doubt late September...

So I am saying huge sell...
    Last edited by StatesboroBlues; 04-08-2017 at 11:30 AM.
    "Eat a Peach"

vCash
    Pretty sure I saw Phil Longo in Breaking Bad

vCash
    If the calendar is correct (believing they received the NOA around January 20ish).... there 90 days are UP this next week.... for them to present their answers to NOA.

THEN om will be BEGGING for another 30 days by means of the NCAA extension rules.... Well that gets the CALENDAR to May 20ish......

THEN the NCAA has 60 days to review... Yeah, that gets us to the CALENDAR DATES of July 20ish and THUS NO TRANSFERS...

Then the NCAA will present their case against these CHEATERS.....

How low will OM go.... they have even been trying to recruit 10th graders..... jeez..... #HAILSTATE

vCash
    Their offense literally looks no different

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chef dixon View Post
    Their offense literally looks no different
    The SEC Commentators have NO IDEA what is about to bite the sharks in the ___________.
    AJ is not nearly good as they are making him out to be either.....
    Wait until he gets knocked on his butt....
    REMEMBER: He doesn't like being hit....

After the NOA drops there should be some players that are NOT allowed to play....... If not then NCAA is a serious issue.

vCash
    I hate to say I am watching this garbage as well. I just about puked at the love fest that sec network was just spewing about how the team came together and they all wanted to be there and play football for T**** and how Frickedus was so happy that the team was growing together despite the news that the NCAA dropped on them and no one had transfered out. NO, THEY DONT, THEY JUST LIKE THAT FREAKIN PAYCHECK YOU DUMBASSES!!!! BURN, BURN, YES YOUR GONNA BURN!!!! BURN BURN THE GROVE IS GONNA BURN. JUST ANOTHER BOMBTRACK!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mimi's Babies View Post
    If the calendar is correct (believing they received the NOA around January 20ish).... there 90 days are UP this next week.... for them to present their answers to NOA.

THEN om will be BEGGING for another 30 days by means of the NCAA extension rules.... Well that gets the CALENDAR to May 20ish......

THEN the NCAA has 60 days to review... Yeah, that gets us to the CALENDAR DATES of July 20ish and THUS NO TRANSFERS...

How low will OM go.... they have even been trying to recruit 10th graders..... jeez..... #HAILSTATE
    I think a booster will be the fall guy for the requested extension this time. I also hope the NCAA does need to take long to look over UMs response before setting the date for the COI hearing. Having said that...I do expect them to take as long as possible to make sure they have their case ready.

The COI also has 4-8 weeks before they have to hand out punishment.
    "Eat a Peach"

vCash
    Does not matter to me either way.

If the penalties drop prior to mid-august there is no telling how many they lose. May even be their best option as I think there is a time window on how long players have to declare/transfer once penalties are announced. Could be wrong but if the NCAA announces in August only a handful may have a parachute loaded and could find themselves stuck in Oxford after the season. (unless they transfer the traditional way) Toss in that they are already taking it in the shorts in recruiting right now and better for them to be getting credit for time being served this season.

Personally want another full season of innuendo and shitty recruiting, the self-imposed bowl ban, and players who begin to turn on Bear Nation. The penalties get dropped in say later January. Signing day goes from shit to explosive diarrhea bad. Any unaffected assistants bail. Toss in the second year of bowl ban and good luck finding a decent coach or getting into the living room of rising Juniors/Sophomores. At that point who remains on their roster won't matter.

The longer this plays out the better for us. They are de-facto walking in a probationary status this very moment. Same as what we dealt with. Freeze spoke on twitter of recruiting today? Suspect they are going to have to take chances on academic risks and headaches like Jackie did. See Nick Turner and the counterfeit ring.

This is like putting a pork butt on the smoker. Low and slow. Low and slow.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StatesboroBlues View Post
    I think a booster will be the fall guy for the requested extension this time. I also hope the NCAA does need to take long to look over UMs response before setting the date for the COI hearing. Having said that...I do expect them to take as long as possible to make sure they have their case ready.

I get impatient waiting for the axe to fall, but a speedy process probably isn't the best result for us. They have zero commits with 10 months to go and no resolution in sight. I think we're better than them this year, so why not let them suffer another season before it gets really bad for them

vCash
    Looks like Hugh will be in High Cotton this fall.....

vCash
    You guys believe how ridiculous these guys are? They continue to play the victim which is disgusting considering what they've done

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I get impatient waiting for the axe to fall, but a speedy process probably isn't the best result for us. They have zero commits with 10 months to go and no resolution in sight. I think we're better than them this year, so why not let them suffer another season before it gets really bad for them
    I can understand that but it will be taken care of by October...if penalties came out this summer and they had a two year Bowl ban you would see transfers. The more transfers you have the harder they get hit because of not being able to make up with scholarship limitations. Get hit later than this summer with 2 year Bowl ban you will have most JRs now that will decide to stay because of only having a single season left. UM wants to delay this to after this summer for a reason...if it was going to be extended to next year than I would agree, but it will not.
    "Eat a Peach"

Official Elitedawg Weather Forecaster TheRef's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    You guys believe how ridiculous these guys are? They continue to play the victim which is disgusting considering what they've done

"Technically we didn't lie to you, recruit. We promised you that you would play in a bowl game. We didn't specify what KIND of bowl, though."
    B.S. Geosciences, Professional Meteorology Concentration, Operational Emphasis
    c/o 2015
    Mississippi State University
    @Norwoodwx
    Leicester City FC Owner

vCash

Then the "HEARING" should be in late July - August.... Wish we had started a CLOCK and taken wagers as to how long this would continue....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mimi's Babies View Post

The first LOA and its amendment IS the case against the accused. That is what people fail to grasp. They have been found guilty of those allegations. The school presented its side as the process went along. What is at question is the severity of punishment and the accused's arguments as to why the facts are not what they seem. That the incidents happened is not in question. There is no case left to be presented.

Their Chancellor stated they intended to go in April.

They will have to pull a North Carolina trick and argue procedure to get another full year of delays. They can't afford to do that and not have their program crater. As I said earlier I am fine either way. Just know guilt has been established. The investigative lead for the NCAA now only documents in the LOA's what they can slam dunk prove.

vCash

Do you have a list of the Boosters that are caught in this crap or the ones who has been disassociated already? If you do please pm me......

vCash
    I can understand that but it will be taken care of by October...if penalties came out this summer and they had a two year Bowl ban you would see transfers. The more transfers you have the harder they get hit because of not being able to make up with scholarship limitations. Get hit later than this summer with 2 year Bowl ban you will have most JRs now that will decide to stay because of only having a single season left. UM wants to delay this to after this summer for a reason...if it was going to be extended to next year than I would agree, but it will not.
    I'm not so sure they stay. It'll almost certainly be a new HC coming off missing a bowl 2 years in row... I bet more bolt than you think. Penn state lost 15 transfers when they were freed

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgowar View Post
    The first LOA and its amendment IS the case against the accused. That is what people fail to grasp. They have been found guilty of those allegations. The school presented its side as the process went along. What is at question is the severity of punishment and the accused's arguments as to why the facts are not what they seem. That the incidents happened is not in question. There is no case left to be presented.

Their Chancellor stated they intended to go in April.

They will have to pull a North Carolina trick and argue procedure to get another full year of delays. They can't afford to do that and not have their program crater. As I said earlier I am fine either way. Just know guilt has been established. The investigative lead for the NCAA now only documents in the LOA's what they can slam dunk prove.
    That is the case Mimi is talking about...The NCAA will look over UMs replies to the allegations and prepare to go in front of the COI. And It is still a case to be made because UM is disagreeing with a few of the allegations...not just the level of allegation. Allegations can be dropped when going in front of the COI...though, since the new way the NCAA has gone about handing down their allegations i have a feeling schools have not been as successful as of late.

It is called a "Notice of Allegations" for a reason...
    Last edited by StatesboroBlues; 04-08-2017 at 12:39 PM.
    "Eat a Peach"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I'm not so sure they stay. It'll almost certainly be a new HC coming off missing a bowl 2 years in row... I bet more bolt than you think. Penn state lost 15 transfers when they were freed
    You could see that my point was based on a two year Bowl ban...Penn State was initially given 4 year bowl ban and it came down in July. SUbstantial difference...
    "Eat a Peach"