Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Toasted Grasshoppers. Get your toasted grasshoppers here

vCash

Toasted Grasshoppers. Get your toasted grasshoppers here

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/1...s-safeco-field

Mariners now serving toasted grasshoppers as a concession at their games. I guess beer and nachos just aren't cutting it anymore.

Banned
    vCash
    I'd try one.

Banned
    vCash
    I thought this thread was going to be about Stricklin getting fired already at UF.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    I'd try one.
    Screw that. I'm not voluntarily eating something people are forced to eat when they're starving.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg34 View Post
    Screw that. I'm not voluntarily eating something people are forced to eat when they're starving.
    Lol, just think about the first person that decided to eat an oyster. I consider myself a pretty adventurous eater, but I've never gotten the bug to eat bugs...

Official Elitedawg Weather Forecaster TheRef's Avatar
    vCash
    I've eaten grasshoppers before. Long story, but they're not that bad.
    B.S. Geosciences, Professional Meteorology Concentration, Operational Emphasis
    c/o 2015
    Mississippi State University
    @Norwoodwx
    Leicester City FC Owner

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Lol, just think about the first person that decided to eat an oyster. I consider myself a pretty adventurous eater, but I've never gotten the bug to eat bugs...
    Could actually say that about a lot of stuff. I'm trying to think about the first time a person said, "You know, I think I'm going eat the next thing that comes out of that chicken's butt."

vCash
    Hell, I'd try them. I've eaten nuts and guts. I even ate termites in Belize. Just no brains or eyeballs.

Banned
    vCash
    Could actually say that about a lot of stuff. I'm trying to think about the first time a person said, "You know, I think I'm going eat the next thing that comes out of that chicken's butt."
    Lol Vegas. Anything else you object to eating? Any spousal complaints lately? Hehe

vCash
    Lol Vegas. Anything else you object to eating? Any spousal complaints lately? Hehe
    Not really. I'll try most anything. Just like I said earlier. If it's something people that Sally Struthers is trying to help are forced to eat, then I'll pass on it.

Banned
    vCash
    Not really. I'll try most anything. Just like I said earlier. If it's something people that Sally Struthers is trying to help are forced to eat, then I'll pass on it.
    Once you get my age, you'll change your eating habits for your constitution.

vCash
    I ate a fish eye for good luck in Hong Kong. I could do grasshopper.
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

Banned
    vCash
    What's that famous fish dish at luscos in greenwood? I ate the eye and didn't like it

vCash
    What's that famous fish dish at luscos in greenwood? I ate the eye and didn't like it
    I have no clue and I used to be a waiter there.

ETA: unless you're referring to the pompano.

Banned
    vCash
    I have no clue and I used to be a waiter there.

ETA: unless you're referring to the pompano.
    That's EXACTLY what I was referring to. Best damn fish I've ever had. Just didn't care for the eye. Luscos is an incredible experience.

Banned
    vCash
    Within walking distance, the crystal grill ain't bad either.

Senior Member THE Bruce Dickinson's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjoelner34 View Post
    Hell, I'd try them. I've eaten nuts and guts. I even ate termites in Belize. Just no brains or eyeballs.
    There is a dish in the Philippines that includes pork brain. It was my favorite local dish when I was there for an extended period of time. I think it's called Sisig.

While I might try one grasshopper, I wouldn't go out of my way to purchase it. The west coast is like a different country.

vCash
    Within walking distance, the crystal grill ain't bad either.
    Just not a neighborhood to get lost in. It gets dangerous in a hurry. Everybody at the Crystal knows my mom on first name basis. She's int there all the time.

Banned
    vCash
    Just not a neighborhood to get lost in. It gets dangerous in a hurry. Everybody at the Crystal knows my mom on first name basis. She's int there all the time.
    Grew up in greenwood. 1st 17 years of my life. Was there with family a few months ago checking out grave sites. Ate at the crystal cuz it was too early for luscos.

vCash
    Grew up in greenwood. 1st 17 years of my life. Was there with family a few months ago checking out grave sites. Ate at the crystal cuz it was too early for luscos.
    That was my hometown, too, although it was split up. Was there from age 4 to fourth grade. Then moved back 8th grade and lived there until I moved to Starkville 9 years ago. GHS c/o 92.