Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Garrison Brooks requesting release??

vCash

Garrison Brooks requesting release??

Per twitters

vCash
    Talk about a saga

vCash
    We need to be on a front court grad transfer big time

vCash
    If there's any of our coaches that I have zero concern about finding a similar or better player with that spot...it's Howland.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripp McNeely View Post
    If there's any of our coaches that I have zero concern about finding a similar or better player with that spot...it's Howland.
    Pretty late in the game to replace him this year unless it's a transfer. I'd like a grad transfer, but maybe the better strategy is just getting best available transfer

vCash
    This sucks, I really like Brooks. I'm not too confident we'll find somebody else worth anything. Last year we were hoping for a grad transfer and ended up with Datcher.

vCash
    Doesn't seem to be any hard info out there, just a few tweets; do we know for sure he's gone?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Pretty late in the game to replace him this year unless it's a transfer. I'd like a grad transfer, but maybe the better strategy is just getting best available transfer
    Not really. This isn't football. There's a TON of uncommitted big-time players out there.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    If you can't find a game changer grad transfer just bank the scholarship for next year. We need it for the next class.

vCash

vCash
    Is his dad leaving for a new job?

Banned
    vCash
    Just a question, but do we have to give him the release? I say tell him show up or sit for 2 years. The LOI requirements are there for a reason. It's a contract.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HSVDawg View Post
    Just a question, but do we have to give him the release? I say tell him show up or sit for 2 years. The LOI requirements are there for a reason. It's a contract.
    We don't have to, but I hope we do. No reason to make him come here if he doesn't want to

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    We don't have to, but I hope we do. No reason to make him come here if he doesn't want to
    Besides the fact we passed on some guys because we didn't have any shoplarships.

vCash
    Anyone know the reason? Perhaps seeing unc in final 4?

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Big4Dawg View Post
    Besides the fact we passed on some guys because we didn't have any shoplarships.
    Exactly. He ****ed us big time. And the point is if he's asking for his release, he's already decided he's not coming. So he should suffer the full consequences of breaking the LOI so the next kid or kids will think twice about it. If any kid can just get a release whenever they want, then signing with a school is meaningless and the whole recruiting process breaks down because you'll have kids continue to be recruited by other schools even after signing. I've never seen a bigger bunch of BS than these athletes in multiple sports asking for an LOI release, and the schools are always dumb enough to just give it to them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HSVDawg View Post
    Exactly. He ****ed us big time. And the point is if he's asking for his release, he's already decided he's not coming. So he should suffer the full consequences of breaking the LOI so the next kid or kids will think twice about it. If any kid can just get a release whenever they want, then signing with a school is meaningless and the whole recruiting process breaks down because you'll have kids continue to be recruited by other schools even after signing. I've never seen a bigger bunch of BS than these athletes in multiple sports asking for an LOI release, and the schools are always dumb enough to just give it to them.
    Just restrict it to schools on the west coast. Make it hard as heck for mom to go see him play haha

vCash
    Just block all SEC schools esp auburn and UGA. And let's refrain from all the comments on the Mom for now.

vCash
    Why does he want to leave?

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Just block all SEC schools esp auburn and UGA. And let's refrain from all the comments on the Mom for now.
    It doesn't work that way. Restricting release to only certain schools can only be done with a transfer situation. An LOI release puts the player back on the open market.
    Last edited by HSVDawg; 03-31-2017 at 06:10 PM.