Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Smokey is gone.

vCash
    Hopefully there are a couple of more underclassmen that follow suit .. time to start cutting bait like 99% of the big boys do .. difference they don't have the State paper where they are make a big deal about it .. yeah I'm talk about you CL . You piece of shit rag

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Everything was ok till Hev lined him up at center**
    That f***cker. I figured he had something to do with it!! ******

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TaleofTwoDogs View Post
    Agreed. Graham was not SEC grade. I watched him many times be burned by receivers and once saw him calling for help from his teammates moments after the snap of the ball as the WR burned him bad from the the get-go. Granted, he was getting better at his position but in the SEC West you need to be at an upper level or elite to succeed.
    I never got that impression of his game. I observed him as a lost player that was playing the wrong position. He was a home run threat with the ball in his hands. I couldn't say that about most of our other DB's. But if we can have a more consistent player that may not have great speed, but has better instincts, we'll be better off over the course.

With that said, Smokey should have stayed at WR.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HSVDawg View Post
    Great. We are now at either 79 or 80 schollies (depending on whether Eliss gets in) with 4 whole months to go before Fall camp even begins. This is 3 years in a row of self-imposed probation of 5+ schollies per year. Embarrassing. Granted, none of that has to do with Graham specifically, but we have done a miserable job of roster management since 2014 and this just further highlights it.
    I do not believe that we improve the play on the field just by having a full number of scholarships being used. But damn the Dawgs have trouble getting full classes each year. Is it that hard to get players when they are told work hard for your playing time = the world is full of "prema-donnas".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster View Post
    I'm going to link this post when we are 2-3 this Fall.
    Is this a prediction?***

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Dawg View Post
    I do not believe that we improve the play on the field just by having a full number of scholarships being used. But damn the Dawgs have trouble getting full classes each year. Is it that hard to get players when they are told work hard for your playing time = the world is full of "prema-donnas".
    First off, there is no way you get worse by adding those 5-7 players per year even if they are straight off a HS JV squad, let alone some players we could pick off from the likes of Memphis, La Tech, Middle TN, etc. So, there is literally NO reason why we shouldn't give them to somebody. That being said, it shouldn't come to that except for maybe 1-2 guys per year. The biggest problem is we never have a plan B for missing on our big targets in recruiting. Our net isn't nearly wide enough, and therefore we have all these unused scholarships.

vCash
    Remember when Graham dropped 3 punt returns in his first game as a true freshman? *shudders*

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    I never got that impression of his game. I observed him as a lost player that was playing the wrong position. He was a home run threat with the ball in his hands. I couldn't say that about most of our other DB's. But if we can have a more consistent player that may not have great speed, but has better instincts, we'll be better off over the course.

With that said, Smokey should have stayed at WR.
    I don't know if he worked on the jugs machine but he didn't have great hands which is why he moved to DB. Might be a case of he should have stayed at WR and worked on his pass catching skills but rode the bench for a while. He got a chance at early playing time at DB but he looked like he could have been a good WR.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster View Post
    yeah but nothing is guaranteed there. We need him badly.
    Our defensive secondary is going to be a shocking and surprising strength of the team next year. I'm not generally wooly but I'm feeling good about it. The jucos plus Grantham and English are going to make a significant difference. A little competition makes the other guys step up. And adding the kid from Louisville, which is a real possibility, will also help. Our talent on defense is a lot better...I mean a shit ton better, than people think. This is why I think 8-4 is not just a "if everything goes perfect" scenario.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cary Hudson's little bro View Post
    Remember when Graham dropped 3 punt returns in his first game as a true freshman? *shudders*
    Thanks man. I thought I had successfully repressed that memory.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubb Rubb View Post
    . And adding the kid from Louisville, which is a real possibility, will also help. .
    THat ship just sailed. Louisville blocked the transfer to 5 schools....MSU being one of them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFlounder View Post
    THat ship just sailed. Louisville blocked the transfer to 5 schools....MSU being one of them.
    Nope...not yet at least. There are other ways to skin that cat.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Everything was ok till Hev lined him up at center**
    I finely got a laugh out of a Hev line.

Thanks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubb Rubb View Post
    Our defensive secondary is going to be a shocking and surprising strength of the team next year. I'm not generally wooly but I'm feeling good about it. The jucos plus Grantham and English are going to make a significant difference. A little competition makes the other guys step up. And adding the kid from Louisville, which is a real possibility, will also help. Our talent on defense is a lot better...I mean a shit ton better, than people think. This is why I think 8-4 is not just a "if everything goes perfect" scenario.
    I feel fine about safety but at corner I'm scared we don't have elite talent. Our best corner just played the position for the first time last year. That does not inspire confidence.
    Death penalty or bust!!!***