Thread: Lay off the flopper

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    It's cheating, esp the part where she grabs her throat when her throat was never touched. It was a blatant attempt to cheat. Cristiano Ronaldo would have been ashamed of that flop.
    Take off your maroon glasses and try to be a little objective. Dom's wrist actually did hit her in the throat. It wasn't intentional, and it wasn't hard....but it did happen. Only the announcers were going on and on about an elbow to the chin, it being flagrant, etc. Not the players fault the announcers were FOS and biased toward UConn.

How about when Mo got mauled with a shoulder and forearm shiver into the chest and head? It was, IMO a legit Flagrant 2 that should have resulted in Kia Nurse being ejected. All that said, though I'm sure it hurt pretty bad, Mo played it up as well, rolling on the floor in agony, yet less than a minute later she seemed fine, and went on to play a great game.

It is part of the game, and the players are taught to do it.

Blaming the player for it is low-brow. IF you want to legitimately bitch about UConn players, then go after Kia Nurse for that intentional, brutal hit on Mo that was clearly meant to hurt her, and Gabby Williams who congratulated her on the hit.

Geno - class
    Samuelson - class
    Nurse - POS
    Williams - not much better for applauding Nurse
    Last edited by blacklistedbully; 04-02-2017 at 04:05 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blacklistedbully View Post
    Take off your maroon glasses and try to be a little objective. Dom's wrist actually did hit her in the throat. It wasn't intentional, and it wasn't hard....but it did happen. Only the announcers were going on and on about an elbow to the chin, it being flagrant, etc. Not the players fault the announcers were FOS and biased toward UConn.

How about when Mo got mauled with a shoulder and forearm shiver into the chest and head? It was, IMO a legit Flagrant 2 that should have resulted in Kia Nurse being ejected. All that said, though I'm sure it hurt pretty bad, Mo played it up as well, rolling on the floor in agony, yet less than a minute later she seemed fine, and went on to play a great game.

It is part of the game, and the players are taught to do it.

Blaming the player for it is low-brow. IF you want to legitimately bitch about UConn players, then go after Kia Nurse for that intentional, brutal hit on Mo that was clearly meant to hurt her, and Gabby Williams who congratulated her on the hit.

Geno - class
    Samuelson - class
    Nurse - POS
    Williams - not much better for applauding Nurse
    Why don't you put your maroon glasses ON.

vCash
    Why don't you put your maroon glasses ON.
    And you wonder why I criticize you sometimes. We all say stupid things from time-to-time, but you absolutely take-the-cake.

vCash
    And you wonder why I criticize you sometimes. We all say stupid things from time-to-time, but you absolutely take-the-cake.
    What you are doing in this thread is exactly why I criticize you. Be a fan, not a sports reporter.
    Last edited by Liverpooldawg; 04-02-2017 at 04:18 PM.

vCash
    What you are doing in this thread is exactly why I criticize you. Be a fan, not a sports reporter.
    You are apparently too stubborn to understand being a good fan does not mean suspending logic, good sportsmanship, common decency and objectivity. It's fans like you that make me wince routinely at the thought of what others think of MSU when they read your garbage.

As I stated before, most all of us have had our moments of stupidity. But nobody makes a habit of it on this board like you.

BTW - I am considered one of the more optimistic of our fans here. I routinely pick us to do better than 99% of our fans. I have spent years on Rivals fighting numerous UNM fans getting several kicked off the board because of the way I represent MSU and go after UNM fans who attack us. Yet, here you are suggesting I'm not positive enough to be a good fan because you think you are the model.

Unreal.

vCash
    You are apparently too stupid to understand being a good fan does not mean suspending logic, good sportsmanship, common decency and objectivity. It's fans like you that make me wince routinely at the thought of what others think of MSU when they read your garbage.

As I stated before, most all of us have had our moments of stupidity. But nobody makes a habit of it on this board like you.

BTW - I am considered one of the more optimistic of our fans here. I routinely pick us to do better than 99% of our fans. I have spent years on Rivals fighting numerous UNM fans getting several kicked off the board because of the way I represent MSU and go after UNM fans who attack us. Yet, here you are suggesting I'm not positive enough to be a good fan because you think you are the model.

Unreal.
    Unreal. You just can't be a fan.

As for sportsmanship: I guess flopping qualifies as being a good sport? She flopped and tried to make it look even worse by acting like her throat had been crushed. THAT my friend is the epitome of bad sportsmanship, yet you are defending it as a legitimate part of the game. It was done against your team but you call the girl "class". She doesn't have class. Her actions spoke MUCH louder than her words after the fact. By the way, I know a LOT about flops. My username should tell you that. Ever hear of Luis Suarez? He is a heck of a player and I wish we still had him, but I detested his flopping. It was awful.

vCash
    Unreal. You just can't be a fan.

As for sportsmanship: I guess flopping qualifies as being a good sport? She flopped and tried to make it look even worse by acting like her throat had been crushed. THAT my friend is the epitome of bad sportsmanship, yet you are defending it as a legitimate part of the game. It was done against your team but you call the girl "class". She doesn't have class. Her actions spoke MUCH louder than her words after the fact. By the way, I know a LOT about flops. My username should tell you that. Ever hear of Luis Suarez? He is a heck of a player and I wish we still had him, but I detested his flopping. It was awful.
    And there you go again. I'm a big time fan of Miss State. I'm just not a fan of yours, and despite your inflated ego, you are not a good example of what being a good fan is. You post cringe-worthy post after cringe-worthy post, then get upset and defensive if someone dares to disagree with you and point it out.

You think you are among our best fans, yet I contend you are among our worst. Were I UNM fan, I'd have you on my favorites list so I could check your posts often so i could quote you and laugh my ass off about the "clueless MSU fan".