Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Weekend Cooking and Drinking Thread: Final 4 Edition

vCash
    Spent the day at Ship Island with the family. After cleaning the boat and finally getting a motor running on a redfish machine, I'm too exhausted to do more than hamburgers on the grill, while enjoying a Bell's Two Hearted. Beautiful day on the coast though!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Percho View Post
    Which do you prefer to eat? Reds or Spec's?
    Hard to beat fried trout or redfish tacos.

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Love that jb

vCash
    I cooked us some roasted duck breast (cooked med. rare), with haricot vert, and a balsamic reduction. Drinking Hendricks gin and tonics (with Jack Ruby tonic: the ****ing best!).

This was the appetizer: Katama Bay oysters.....my God, there may be a few things prettier than this, but there ain't many.

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Grass fed strip last night with homemade alfredo sauce and bucatini pasta. Couple of bottles of Pinot to go with the defeats of the shitbirds and Goliath.

Tonite did fajitas. Skirt steak marinated in Dr Pepper. Grilled it then fired up the cast iron to smoking and hit the onions, steak, and some butter. Fresh tortillas from the market. A few Leinenkugels Watermelon Shandy to go with.

Eat a dick shitbirds.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I seen it dawg View Post
    bucatini pasta.
    Bucatini is my absolute favorite dried pasta.

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Just soaked up the alfredo. So damn good. Gonna grill some chicken breast tomorrow and do a chicken, bacon pizza with alfredo as the base.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jbjones View Post
    Man, y'all are killing it, as usual. I took both boats out, fished a few stumps and just enjoyed the beautiful day we were given. It's a good day to be a D A W G . Love it.
    This boat is one that SapperDawg and I grew up in. Dad and PawPaw bought this boat in 1972. It's still slaying fish waaaay up here in Lowndes County 40 years later. The front seat is vacant because my fishing buddy is in Baghdad at the moment...we'll get at it soon.

Hail State.

Go Dawgs!

Sounds like a helluva day

vCash
    Thumbs up Brunswick and Sapper. Great looking food and nothing like being on the water.

I did some seared steaks in the cast iron mimicking Gordon Ramsey's method in a video Beardo posted on the outdoor dawg board. Turned out great. Here is a pic from when I pulled them and the resting started.

vCash
    Beer Fest and Salt Grass Steak House in Dallas, TX.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    I cooked us some roasted duck breast (cooked med. rare), with haricot vert, and a balsamic reduction. Drinking Hendricks gin and tonics (with Jack Ruby tonic: the ****ing best!).

This was the appetizer: Katama Bay oysters.....my God, there may be a few things prettier than this, but there ain't many.

Damn son... And just saw I Seen It's post. Strong stuff tonight.

vCash

Very Nice

Quote Originally Posted by SpeckleDawg View Post
    Spent the day at Ship Island with the family. After cleaning the boat and finally getting a motor running on a redfish machine, I'm too exhausted to do more than hamburgers on the grill, while enjoying a Bell's Two Hearted. Beautiful day on the coast though!

The beaches at ship are the best kept secret on the coast. Love that brewery too. Haven't had one I didn't like yet.

vCash
    Thanks for these “cooking this weekend” threads. One of the BBQ cooking sites I read has done this for years. Keep it up guys.....great stuff.

vCash
    I grilled some fresh gulf shrimp, and cooked a large ribeye. Cooked a lb of large gulf shrimp with several different seasonings, and threw my wife and I a ribeye for a steak and shrimp combo, baked potatoes, and a nice red wine. Spent the baseball game drinking Abita and watching the Dawgs sweep that rebel ass.

(Thanks for the grilled shrimp advice, Beast)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeckleDawg View Post
    Hard to beat fried trout or redfish tacos.
    My Son and grandson went in 14 and brought some of both back but it was so long ago I can't remember the taste.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post

I LOVE raw oysters. I won't eat them in warm water climates anymore though. THAT being said the best I have EVER had EVER, were in Oban, Scotland last summer. I'm heading back again this year, but only we only have a half day at best in Oban this time. Someday beardo, I have to figure out how to post a picture here of a dram of Talisker in my hand with Loch Scavig in the background while anchored in the Loch. I took it just for you. That's one of the best experiences of my life.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    I LOVE raw oysters. I won't eat them in warm water climates anymore though. THAT being said the best I have EVER had EVER, were in Oban, Scotland last summer. I'm heading back again this year, but only we only have a half day at best in Oban this time. Someday beardo, I have to figure out how to post a picture here of a dram of Talisker in my hand with Loch Scavig in the background while anchored in the Loch. I took it just for you. That's one of the best experiences of my life.
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Liverpooldawg again.

I know dude, the colder water species are superior. I'm loving these New England varieties, and I really loved the ones I ate while in England.

vCash
    Gamecock kabobs and a few stuffed jalape?os.