Thread: Ryan Gridley - 4.0 Student, Awesome

vCash

Ryan Gridley - 4.0 Student, Awesome

I know this is a sports board, but I have to say that a top reason I like MSU baseball is because of players like Gridley, Sam Frost, Preston Brown, and Will Clark. Real students that could walk off the field and come to work in any business.

True story about Will Clark. My childhood friend's father was a professor of Engineering and he heard me talking about Will Clark. The professor was a very foreign man, that knew nothing of baseball or the San Francisco Giants. He asked, "why are you talking about Will? He was one of my best students and really sharp"...The professor was actually disappointed when I told him Will Clark was a professional baseball player because he thought Will should be "an executive at Exxon".

I later explained how well professional baseball players are compensated for spoiling their engineering talents.

vCash
    +1 Kudos to Grid. Great story, too.

Senior Member HereComesTheSpiral's Avatar
    vCash
    Well they said last night that he turned down Harvard to play baseball at State.

vCash
    Saved Mom and Dad a whole lot of money. I think his sister played tennis at Harvard, so there must be some good genes. Gotta like how Gridley has developed over the last couple of years