Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question for season ticket holders...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    With the current college football culture it's either be OK going to Troy or be OK playing at a neutral site- could be Jackson, NOLA, Memphis, or somewhere else. It's because no school is going to just do one home game without gouging us. That's why we do 2 for 1 with people like Troy and La Tech in the first place.

And if people are fine going to Troy and whoever else in the Sun Belt that's fine- but moving those road games is the only way we're going to be able to play anything close to eight home games. If Alabama can't play eight home games- we won't be able to play eight games in Starkville either.

I may be WRONG.... but I seem to remember at one time Jackson State was PUSHING the tax payers and state senators/representatives to BUILD them ANOTHER FREE FOOTBALL STADIUM -- BECAUSE the one that they were given for FREE was "OLD and OUT of DATE"...... Jackson state said that they DESERVED a NEW Stadium like the other colleges.....

Jackson State is reported by IHL as FLAT BROKE.....

The area that the stadium is in Jackson is dangerous.... WHY would you risk your life going there? This family will NOT be going.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    We're the only SEC school who travels to lower-tiered conferences to the best of my knowledge. Maybe OM does (seems like they got beat on a road trip to Jacksonville, AL a few years ago). But if nobody else does, why do we? Some said "recruiting" when we first went to Troy and Mobile, but it doesn't really seemed to have had an effect. I can understand us going to Hattiesburg, but not the other places. Memphis is just "ok" because it's a fairly major school, their conference notwithstanding.
    Texas A&M played La Tech in Shreveport not long ago. Kentucky I believe has played C-USA teams on the road. Alabama had to play Duke on the road which is fairly low for them.

It's not about recruiting for us- it's about maximizing our money.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mimi's Babies View Post
    I may be WRONG.... but I seem to remember at one time Jackson State was PUSHING the tax payers and state senators/representatives to BUILD them ANOTHER FREE FOOTBALL STADIUM -- BECAUSE the one that they were given for FREE was "OLD and OUT of DATE"...... Jackson state said that they DESERVED a NEW Stadium like the other colleges.....

Jackson State is reported by IHL as FLAT BROKE.....

The area that the stadium is in Jackson is dangerous.... WHY would you risk your life going there? This family will NOT be going.....

Parked in that stadiums parking lot for over a decade and have hung out in Fondren for years without incident. I wouldn't be surprised if that stadium was actually in the safest part of the city limits.