Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question for season ticket holders...

vCash

Question for season ticket holders...

I would I am wondering would you. Would you pay more for tickets in order to give the AD more money to buy home games? Get rid of these home and home deals on these non conference games. This would give us 8 home games.

vCash
    Yes. But we only had 6 home games last year, so we don't always have 7.

The additional ticket cost (maybe $75) pales in comparison to the price we pay just for the seat, and we pay that regardless of how many games there are. One more game would effectively reduce our cost per game substantially ... more reduction the better seat you have.

vCash
    I will never order ANY tournament, bowl, tick through the AD. They get the worst cheapest tickets available.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DanDority View Post
    I will never order ANY tournament, bowl, tick through the AD. They get the worst cheapest tickets available.
    I pretty much agree there, but that's not what he asked.

vCash
    How about thoughts on getting a non power five road game moved to Jackson? I like how we have a road game with ULL moved to NOLA.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    How about thoughts on getting a non power five road game moved to Jackson? I like how we have a road game with ULL moved to NOLA.
    No to Jackson. Been there....done that.
    "I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." -- Arthur C. Clarke

vCash
    I can't see us playing more than seven since that's all anyone in the SEC plays.

vCash
    NO

vCash
    And rent the stadium from JSU?

vCash
    Never.

vCash
    Why would we want to. We'd lose a lot of money, and nowadays we get 60,000+ to just about every home game. Plus, not all fans/alumni live in Mississippi and they (e.g., me) buy tickets based on the games being a reasonable drive away. I can't see any reason to have a game there. We have the largest stadium in the state (not counting aluminum bleachers ) sitting on our campus.

vCash
    I doubt we would get any more home games. These teams that you are talking about make a lot of money by going to take a beating at some of the best teams in the country. The bigger schools would just up the check to them, and we still would not get the game and have to pay more for tickets too. It's all relative.

vCash
    Didn't somebody a few years back try to go all in on getting the game at South Alabama moved to Jackson?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    I would I am wondering would you. Would you pay more for tickets in order to give the AD more money to buy home games? Get rid of these home and home deals on these non conference games. This would give us 8 home games.
    I do not want this.

1. Tickets already cost enough for me. I buy the cheapest seats available currently and definitely don't want to pay more. And for those who buy multiple tickets the extra cost can go up pretty quick.
    2. We already seem to have trouble getting people to most out of conference games unless the opponent is really good, or we are really good. I would assume more games means less average attendance.

If they did do this, I'd probably still buy, but it'd definitely be pushing me and my group close to its spending limit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    Why would we want to. We'd lose a lot of money, and nowadays we get 60,000+ to just about every home game. Plus, not all fans/alumni live in Mississippi and they (e.g., me) buy tickets based on the games being a reasonable drive away. I can't see any reason to have a game there. We have the largest stadium in the state (not counting aluminum bleachers ) sitting on our campus.
    The reason for it is so that we don't have to play Troy on the road and get another home game.

It's not about moving a current home game. It's about moving a current road game to Jackson. No one is going to play us one and done without costing us a ton of money.
    Last edited by Todd4State; 03-29-2017 at 08:16 PM.

vCash
    The reason for it is so that we don't have to play Troy on the road and get another home game.
    There is zero logic behind this....who is going to pay for us to move it to Jackson??its not a home game except it's in our home state and we will have to pay whoever we play to come there too. No reason to argue though, there is zero chance it ever happens again.

vCash
    But why not play it in Starkville? Much better facilities, and Jackson wouldn't be a home game (technically a "neutral site"). Plus, we (the school) would have to pay somebody to rent a stadium, and would probably lose a lot of revenue on concessions. The students would have to drive a fairly long distance to go (I went through that in the 60s). I can't see a single positive thing about it. I'm all for not going to Troy or Mobile or Ruston ... find it hard to believe that we ever agreed to do it. But keep it in Starkville.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    But why not play it in Starkville? Much better facilities, and Jackson wouldn't be a home game (technically a "neutral site"). Plus, we (the school) would have to pay somebody to rent a stadium, and would probably lose a lot of revenue on concessions. The students would have to drive a fairly long distance to go (I went through that in the 60s). I can't see a single positive thing about it. I'm all for not going to Troy or Mobile or Ruston ... find it hard to believe that we ever agreed to do it. But keep it in Starkville.
    With the current college football culture it's either be OK going to Troy or be OK playing at a neutral site- could be Jackson, NOLA, Memphis, or somewhere else. It's because no school is going to just do one home game without gouging us. That's why we do 2 for 1 with people like Troy and La Tech in the first place.

And if people are fine going to Troy and whoever else in the Sun Belt that's fine- but moving those road games is the only way we're going to be able to play anything close to eight home games. If Alabama can't play eight home games- we won't be able to play eight games in Starkville either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    There is zero logic behind this....who is going to pay for us to move it to Jackson??its not a home game except it's in our home state and we will have to pay whoever we play to come there too. No reason to argue though, there is zero chance it ever happens again.
    Who is going to pay ULL to move a home game to the Superdome? The question was how we could get to eight home games. I answered with the only logical way to do that. And yes, I suspect we will outnumber ULL in the dome.

vCash
    With the current college football culture it's either be OK going to Troy or be OK playing at a neutral site- could be Jackson, NOLA, Memphis, or somewhere else. It's because no school is going to just do one home game without gouging us. That's why we do 2 for 1 with people like Troy and La Tech in the first place.

And if people are fine going to Troy and whoever else in the Sun Belt that's fine- but moving those road games is the only way we're going to be able to play anything close to eight home games. If Alabama can't play eight home games- we won't be able to play eight games in Starkville either.
    We're the only SEC school who travels to lower-tiered conferences to the best of my knowledge. Maybe OM does (seems like they got beat on a road trip to Jacksonville, AL a few years ago). But if nobody else does, why do we? Some said "recruiting" when we first went to Troy and Mobile, but it doesn't really seemed to have had an effect. I can understand us going to Hattiesburg, but not the other places. Memphis is just "ok" because it's a fairly major school, their conference notwithstanding.