Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cowherd gets the LBJ argument

vCash
    Beastman you are 100% correct. Anyone arguing against lebron is arguing for the sake of arguing or they just don't like lebron, which is fine. The influence he has on the team he is on is one of the most obvious observations in sports.

vCash
    this argument will never go anywhere... ever does You can't compare Lebron and Curry... 2 different types of players. Both equally hall of fame talent. Lebron maybe GOAT but i don't really like calling anyone the GOAT. You could build a team around either of them and the team would be fantastic. You can do it with KD too just not on the same level.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    Were they in the last week of the season when they started sitting? NO didnt think so.
    82 game season broseph. And when you're LBJ, who is in the playoffs every season of your career, it adds a season and a half to his wear and tear. Don't think that extra 1.5 season doesn't matter. LBJ has played in more playoff games than any NBA player in history. If he wants to strategically sit 8 games a year and its legal, go for it. Now if you want the commissioner to change that, that's a whole different argument.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chef dixon View Post
    Beastman you are 100% correct. Anyone arguing against lebron is arguing for the sake of arguing or they just don't like lebron, which is fine. The influence he has on the team he is on is one of the most obvious observations in sports.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroon Wizardry View Post
    this argument will never go anywhere... ever does You can't compare Lebron and Curry... 2 different types of players. Both equally hall of fame talent. Lebron maybe GOAT but i don't really like calling anyone the GOAT. You could build a team around either of them and the team would be fantastic. You can do it with KD too just not on the same level.
    Kd > curry.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    Were they in the last week of the season when they started sitting? NO didnt think so.
    Lebron- missed 6
    Kawhi- missed 7
    Harden- 0
    Westbrook- 0

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DudyDawg View Post
    Kd > curry.
    You won't find more than maybe 5-10% of people around the sport who would agree with you on that. Curry has clearly surpassed him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    You won't find more than maybe 5-10% of people around the sport who would agree with you on that. Curry has clearly surpassed him.
    That is absolutely not true. A ton of the media and former players/coaches in the media feel like KD is better all around because of his ability on both ends, rebounding, and 4th quarter scoring and defending. Curry is more electrifying and when he gets hot hes the best player in the world for 5-6 minute stretches and can blow games open in those stretches all by himself, but overall and for 48 minutes, KD is the better player. Not saying Curry isn't incredible, he is, but Durant is a better overall player.

vCash
    That is absolutely not true. A ton of the media and former players/coaches in the media feel like KD is better all around because of his ability on both ends, rebounding, and 4th quarter scoring and defending. Curry is more electrifying and when he gets hot hes the best player in the world for 5-6 minute stretches and can blow games open in those stretches all by himself, but overall and for 48 minutes, KD is the better player. Not saying Curry isn't incredible, he is, but Durant is a better overall player.
    I would like to see those people. It became pretty much a consensus over the last couple years that Curry was at worst the 2nd best player in the game.

vCash
    I would like to see those people. It became pretty much a consensus over the last couple years that Curry was at worst the 2nd best player in the game.
    Its something you'll hear by at least one broadcaster and studio guy when you watch them play. Curry is at worst the 2nd best offensive player.

vCash
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaand that game is why I prefer the NBA to college

vCash
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaand that game is why I prefer the NBA to college
    The college game is hurting right now, for multiple reasons. The one and done, while a good idea and a half-step in the right direction, is actually worse than just never having them in school. They need to make it two years or take it away completely.

The officiating has gotten worse and is bogging games down. All the reviews are also awful, they grind the game to a halt and take away the back-and-forth that makes basketball what it is.

And playing your biggest games in football stadiums is bad. It kills the atmosphere and kills the shooting.

vCash
    The college game is hurting right now, for multiple reasons. The one and done, while a good idea and a half-step in the right direction, is actually worse than just never having them in school. They need to make it two years or take it away completely.

The officiating has gotten worse and is bogging games down. All the reviews are also awful, they grind the game to a halt and take away the back-and-forth that makes basketball what it is.

And playing your biggest games in football stadiums is bad. It kills the atmosphere and kills the shooting.
    I wish they would go to the baseball format, either go straight out of high school or 3 years in college. There are a few players that can jump straight to the NBA but there are too many going after 1 year now. It is actually hurting the NBA product because of all these 1 and done. The ones who are decent in the NBA probably would have been good straight out of high school. Now you get a lot not making it and going to the D League. 3 years would also help get the college game a consistent name recognition. By the time you know who the best players are in college, they are gone. There isn't any type of watching a player keep getting better over a few years so there are less "stars" coming out of college.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    I wish they would go to the baseball format, either go straight out of high school or 3 years in college. There are a few players that can jump straight to the NBA but there are too many going after 1 year now. It is actually hurting the NBA product because of all these 1 and done. The ones who are decent in the NBA probably would have been good straight out of high school. Now you get a lot not making it and going to the D League. 3 years would also help get the college game a consistent name recognition. By the time you know who the best players are in college, they are gone. There isn't any type of watching a player keep getting better over a few years so there are less "stars" coming out of college.
    I actually think the one-and-done has clearly helped the NBA, it's just really hurt college basketball. And I know Adam Silver is pushing for it to become a mandatory 2 years because that would help the NBA further. And I think that is the line at which it would become very beneficial to college basketball.

If you push the 'come straight out of HS or 3 years in college,' then I think you're going to see a ton of kids go into the draft out of HS and then if they aren't picked, go the international route. I just don't think enough of the top kids are going to accept going to college for 3 years.

vCash
    I actually think the one-and-done has clearly helped the NBA, it's just really hurt college basketball. And I know Adam Silver is pushing for it to become a mandatory 2 years because that would help the NBA further. And I think that is the line at which it would become very beneficial to college basketball.

If you push the 'come straight out of HS or 3 years in college,' then I think you're going to see a ton of kids go into the draft out of HS and then if they aren't picked, go the international route. I just don't think enough of the top kids are going to accept going to college for 3 years.
    You are probably right. Just look at Malik "1 and done" Newman. He would be playing in China right now if he had the chance to go straight out of high school into the draft.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    You are probably right. Just look at Malik "1 and done" Newman. He would be playing in China right now if he had the chance to go straight out of high school into the draft.
    He'd probably be on an NBA bench after they tried to play him right away and realized he wasn't ready. That's why I think it's helped the NBA. You have that year against the next level up to see if they're really as good as you think, and it helps further weed out the ones who don't belong while giving a year of experience and maturity to the guys who really are top guys.

See Harry Giles this year. He would have been the #1-2 pick and then a huge bust. Now teams get to take somebody like Ball, Fultz, or Jackson who really do look legit.

But if you forced them to either come out of HS or play 3 years in college, I think you'd actually have more leaving straight out of HS than you did before.

vCash
    He'd probably be on an NBA bench after they tried to play him right away and realized he wasn't ready. That's why I think it's helped the NBA. You have that year against the next level up to see if they're really as good as you think, and it helps further weed out the ones who don't belong while giving a year of experience and maturity to the guys who really are top guys.

See Harry Giles this year. He would have been the #1-2 pick and then a huge bust. Now teams get to take somebody like Ball, Fultz, or Jackson who really do look legit.

But if you forced them to either come out of HS or play 3 years in college, I think you'd actually have more leaving straight out of HS than you did before.
    That would definitely hurt the college game and the NBA.