Thread: Alabama license plates

vCash

Alabama license plates

A year or two ago, Alabama finally agreed to let other schools have license plates. They had to get at least 1000 commited to buy the plates before they would be available, and there was a cutoff date. MSU met all the criteria and you see them around quite frequently now.

Ole Miss only got something like 375 commitments by the cutoff date, as I recall. Yet this morning, I saw an Ole Miss Alabama license plate. How'd that happen? They didn't meet any of the criteria.

vCash
    Network

vCash
    He may have made it himself while he was in prison for money laundering????

vCash
    Their son is a 5* athlete coming in the 2020 class.

vCash
    Don't know about Alabama, but the process sounds like Georgias. In Georgia, the organization can pay for that first 1000 tags (which MSU did with a donation from an alum from Ga). If Bama is similar, OM might have done the same thing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Don't know about Alabama, but the process sounds like Georgias. In Georgia, the organization can pay for that first 1000 tags (which MSU did with a donation from an alum from Ga). If Bama is similar, OM might have done the same thing.
    No, I checked online right before the deadline (I think it was the end of April 2015) and we were marginal to make the minimum number, but we did, and they were way behind ... had 600-700 to go, so I don't think the rich alum is the answer. There's not many OM alums here anyway. It's the first one I've seen. I guess they extended the deadline or just dropped the requirement. Or maybe they got us mixed up ....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Yea waited till I moved from Ga, to do it bout my luck.

vCash
    TSUN has an Alum in the License Bureau in AL and what they got is not called a Collegiate License plate although it looks very similar. MSU is an official Collegiate License plate. MSU did have to have
    1000 pre order plates, which we had over that. Each person had to pre-pay $50 for plate.

vCash
    Both MSU and UM have AL collegiate plates
    http://revenue.alabama.gov/motorvehicle/collegeview.cfm

vCash
    Sat behind one of those good looking state tags at a red light in Gulf Shores just south of the bridge a few minutes ago. Lexus SUV, one of you fine folks?

vCash
    If I remember correctly, there were two levels of support. Something like 500 pre-orders for only the left hand image and 1000 for both the left hand image and the "footer".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by #660000 View Post
    If I remember correctly, there were two levels of support. Something like 500 pre-orders for only the left hand image and 1000 for both the left hand image and the "footer".

Yeah, it is 250 pre-orders for the school image on just the left hand side. 1000 gets you a customized set that includes the bottom of the tag.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msudawglb View Post
    Yeah, it is 250 pre-orders for the school image on just the left hand side. 1000 gets you a customized set that includes the bottom of the tag.
    So is it 15 or 21 orders for the one in your sig?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msudawglb View Post
    Interesting. That's the first I've heard of that. Kinda sounds like cheating doesn't it ....

vCash
    I actually like the Alabama tag over the Mississippi one.

vCash
    I'd have one on my car, but it's a company car, so I had to settle for the Bulldog tag frame. Same objective. The Mississippi State actually mostly covers the Alabama on the plate.
    cautiously optimistic