Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Self imposing a second bowl ban?

vCash
    Coach beav frezzuz is playing hardball with Ole Miss. He knows all and will talk if they fire him. This is the most logical explation. Occam's Razor.....

vCash
    #
    Last edited by spbdawg; 11-26-2018 at 11:58 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by spbdawg View Post
    When this case goes to the COI, the Committee will have two options: a) hang UM with 3-6 schollies lost for each of the 49 Level I Violations (please do the math here) per the Enforcement Matrix or b) ignore the new Enforcement Matrix that dozens/hundreds spent thousands of man-hours creating AND hang UM with more modest penalties thereby shitting on the new policy during its first major test as a policy.

Neither option is good. Option A could hang UM with up to 300 scholarships lost which would penalize UM's student athletes for multiple decades and a 15-20 year long penalty is a little much. Option B makes the organization look ineffective and stupid AND it craps on the investment of its members when this matrix was being formulated.

As someone else mentioned 2-3 weeks ago, I believe the Enforcement Staff is building the DP case right now to give the COI Option C thus avoiding the stress of A or B.
    Exactly! This is why I've been saying DP for over a year. The NCAA can't afford to let OM skate but if they apply their penalty matrix it's actually worse than a DP.
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

vCash
    This case involves three sports.....there really can't be negotiations and plea bargains. It's going to the jury later this year.
    Nope, two of the three sports (WBB & track) have already been penalized. The current case is primarily football only aside from the LOIC as that definitely bleeds into the athletic department covering all three sports (but I know what you meant).

With 21 Level I's listed but the quantity pushing 100+ occurrences, it will be interesting to see how the NCAA administers penalties per their rules matrix. All of college athletics is interested in seeing this unfold.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reason2succeed View Post
    Exactly! This is why I've been saying DP for over a year. The NCAA can't afford to let OM skate but if they apply their penalty matrix it's actually worse than a DP.
    Saying this with a sh!t-eating grin on my face: "They going down!!! For a long time!!!"

vCash
    When this case goes to the COI, the Committee will have two options: a) hang UM with 3-6 schollies lost for each of the 49 Level I Violations (please do the math here) per the Enforcement Matrix or b) ignore the new Enforcement Matrix that dozens/hundreds spent thousands of man-hours creating AND hang UM with more modest penalties thereby shitting on the new policy during its first major test as a policy.

Neither option is good. Option A could hang UM with up to 300 scholarships lost which would penalize UM's student athletes for multiple decades and a 15-20 year long penalty is a little much. Option B makes the organization look ineffective and stupid AND it craps on the investment of its members when this matrix was being formulated.

As someone else mentioned 2-3 weeks ago, I believe the Enforcement Staff is building the DP case right now to give the COI Option C thus avoiding the stress of A or B.
    I for one am 100% OK with the idea of 300 scholarships lost over 20 years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobile Bay View Post
    I for one am 100% OK with the idea of 300 scholarships lost over 20 years.
    May be they'll give OM the option of a two year death penalty or suffering through five years of matrix penalties. Two year DP might be considered merciful.

vCash
    #
    Last edited by spbdawg; 11-26-2018 at 11:59 AM.

vCash
    I guess they'd just have to pay walk-ons to come play for them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Boodawg View Post
    I guess they'd just have to pay walk-ons to come play for them.
    And this would 100% happen. They would have walkons that would probably go to USM or Memphis normally to play in the SEC and the "beautiful campus". They would still be bottom of the barrel in the SEC but would keep them afloat until they could open the checkbook again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    And this would 100% happen. They would have walkons that would probably go to USM or Memphis normally to play in the SEC and the "beautiful campus". They would still be bottom of the barrel in the SEC but would keep them afloat until they could open the checkbook again.
    But who's going to walk on at Ole Miss (and pay their own tuition, fees, room & board, etc.) when they can get a full ride at Memphis or equivalent? Memphis isn't so bad that most football players would pay what's probably in excess of $100K to go to Ole Miss. And Ole Miss isn't that good. As Boo said, they'd have to pay the walk-ons, and pay them pretty well.

vCash
    I am sure the Net Work is trying to find out who to buy off at the NCAA. They probably have millions of dollars and thousand of wives to give for the cause.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by louisvilledawg View Post
    Simple. He knows where the bodies are buried.
    ^^^^^

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    I am sure the Net Work is trying to find out who to buy off at the NCAA. They probably have millions of dollars and thousand of wives to give for the cause.
    Or digging up dirt and trying to uncover closet skeletons for blackmail purposes.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Heard from a distinguished State alum yesterday he's talked to a couple of om lawyer friends saying that om will impose a second bowl ban soon. They are attempting to self inflict enough wounds so the NCAA doesn't come for the full pound of flesh.
    If this is true, Bjork has received some information from indy that they are in serious trouble. There's just no other conclusion that one could come to. They are starting to assume the position.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    I am conflicted on why they want to keep him so bad. He is a decent coach if he gets that level talent. You don't beat Bama with a bad coach. However, the level of allegations that is just public is enough that a normal coach would have been fired. Of course UNM has kept a lot out of the public so far. Either they think firing Beaver is an admission of guilt and they are going to try to fight it or Beaver has threatened to bring people down with him.

There is another possibility: The Network knows that they won't be able to get even a decent coach to come there and agree to let the Network have the impact in the program going forward. They know that to get recruits to their "beautiful campus", they have to cheat their ass off just to get them to visit. Any coach that wants a future in coaching isn't going to let the atmosphere of Sodom and Gomorrah raining down on recruits with hookers and cash keep on in the future. Beaver sold his soul for his "Dream job" and they know no one else will after this.
    Or, quite simply .. the network knows that Bucky will turn a 'blind eye' when needed and assist with 'hepping' them bend the rules.
    Coach34 .. "We're not hiring the ****ing Pirate at Miss State. GTFO"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster View Post
    If this is being done- this is just the OM Brass slowly giving the NCAA more and more until they finally accept what OM offers up. It's called negotiations. Start low and see where things end up. Obviously the NCAA laughed at one year
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    If this is true, Bjork has received some information from indy that they are in serious trouble. There's just no other conclusion that one could come to. They are starting to assume the position.
    Bdork & Vitter & Freeze knew when they made the Feb 22 video citing LOIC being levied by the NCAA and that's why Bdork specifically mentioned remaining "...a valued member of the Southeastern Conference..."

Very few people are focusing on this statement (but it was made for a reason) because conference removal just does not happen, but also what just does not happen is 21 Level I's occurring on approximately 100 occasions. The DP is seriously being considered, TCUN knows it and if they are unable to contribute to the SEC financially, they become irrelevant and nothing more than a moocher.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WSOPdawg View Post
    Bdork & Vitter & Freeze knew when they made the Feb 22 video citing LOIC being levied by the NCAA and that's why Bdork specifically mentioned remaining "...a valued member of the Southeastern Conference..."

Very few people are focusing on this statement (but it was made for a reason) because conference removal just does not happen, but also what just does not happen is 21 Level I's occurring on approximately 100 occasions. The DP is seriously being considered, TCUN knows it and if they are unable to contribute to the SEC financially, they become irrelevant and nothing more than a moocher.
    Has any school ever been kicked out of a conference? Not that I know of. Some conferences have folded, and other schools have voluntarily left for one reason or the other, but I've never heard of one being ejected. Maybe this'll be a first.

vCash
    I will not see the day that Ole Miss is out of the SEC, won't happen. Bowl bans, etc.. sure... Out? No freakin' way.

I would be having a bit of fun with my late wife right about now though. She was a diehard Rebel, since her brother played there.

vCash

HUM...... Just 8 Boosters

Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster View Post
    They have disassociated at least 8 boosters. That's a huge amount and shows an extreme level of cheating
    I notice on a forum (for that other school) that one of the so called disassociated boosters is still advertising his business on a OM forum page.... Does this not count as not another NOA issue?

Is the list of these boosters public now?