Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Self imposing a second bowl ban?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msujan View Post
    I don't think money's the issue. Dickie's out.
    Dickie's a small fry is this hot oil...... much more money than his.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blacklistedbully View Post
    I was also thinking UNM would drop our series if they were booted from the SEC and getting their ass handed to them every year, instead of every other year. They care fat too much about their all-time records...especially yo us. Sure, they like to claim they don't care much, but we all know its a lie. I could easily see them preferring to cancel the series so that the don't lose their all-time edge.

Look at how they dropped USM from their schedule after USM beat them 4 out of 5 in the 80's.
    Yep. That's basically the last thread that they have to hold on to.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeDawg View Post
    This!

OM received the NOA weeks before they produced their video. OleMiss, and more importantly their legal team had to digest the NOA and the repercussions in it's allegations. Then they had to sift out the hot topics of the NOA and script a response that they wanted to go public with. It took a few weeks to get that video to air time and OM did NOT produce that video without their legal team vetting every tiny detail and how it would affect the case on a go forward basis. They have mid to late April to respond JMO.
    Very well said, Locke.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Yep. That's basically the last thread that they have to hold on to.
    They had played USM 18 years in-a-row, 13 of which they made USM go to Oxford, 4 in Jackson, and just once in Hattiesburg. Over that last 5 years the played twice in Oxford, 3 times in Jackson, never in Hattiesburg. With all that going in their favor, USM whipped them anyway 4 of last 5, so UNM "took their football and went home" like the pussies they are.

Reason # 100 I can't stand those prissy, cowardly little ****wads.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msujan View Post
    I don't think money's the issue. Dickie's out.
    40M loss to a 90M athletic budget is about a 45% hit. I don't know about Dickie's loyalty, but an additional 40M contribution to what he's already contributing is a big jump. I don't know, but that probably is chicken feed to him. Then again maybe the NCAA has their eyes on him?

vCash
    The NCAA can eliminate the athletic department's ability to receive any booster dollars. Just a thought.
    A second or third year of tv being lost is a level of pain they will not willingly go along with. They become an even bigger punchline on the recruiting trail. I think they end up with at least two years off the tube but it won't be because they volunteered for it.
    They can offer what they want but the timeline of the NCAA investigation has moved past a collaborative self-penalty phase. In this investigative process guilt has already been determined. There is room for responses/severity, but guilt has been settled procedurally. UNM may get some play open the older Level I's but those remain 'Academic Fraud' (- and UNC's 3000 students taking a fake course was downgraded to 'Inducement'.)

Anything they self impose is strictly to give false hope to the fanbase. The NCAA will surely accept their 11 scholarships and 1 year ban but they will add to it. Self-imposing helps the 'Us VS the World, we got hosed' mantra they will be spouting when the hammer drops.

I am fine with the pace at which this is unfolding. It is setting the table for some enjoyable afternoons.

Perhaps UNC gets hung before the UNM announcement. Panic will set in like you have never seen.

The day their own penalties get read, gonna be like watching those youtube vids of fat anxiety prone crybabies melting down on that slingshot ride. Only the ride isn't going to be over anytime soon.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgowar View Post
    The NCAA can eliminate the athletic department's ability to receive any booster dollars. Just a thought.
    A second or third year of tv being lost is a level of pain they will not willingly go along with. They become an even bigger punchline on the recruiting trail. I think they end up with at least two years off the tube but it won't be because they volunteered for it.
    They can offer what they want but the timeline of the NCAA investigation has moved past a collaborative self-penalty phase. In this investigative process guilt has already been determined. There is room for responses/severity, but guilt has been settled procedurally. UNM may get some play open the older Level I's but those remain 'Academic Fraud' (- and UNC's 3000 students taking a fake course was downgraded to 'Inducement'.)

Anything they self impose is strictly to give false hope to the fanbase. The NCAA will surely accept their 11 scholarships and 1 year ban but they will add to it. Self-imposing helps the 'Us VS the World, we got hosed' mantra they will be spouting when the hammer drops.

I am fine with the pace at which this is unfolding. It is setting the table for some enjoyable afternoons.

Perhaps UNC gets hung before the UNM announcement. Panic will set in like you have never seen.

The day their own penalties get read, gonna be like watching those youtube vids of fat anxiety prone crybabies melting down on that slingshot ride. Only the ride isn't going to be over anytime soon.

I don't believe we will see any TV bans as part of it. There may be some changes to how revenue is distributed, but do you really think when the big dogs play Ole Miss it won't be on TV?

vCash
    Yeah, I don't see a TV ban being feasible. It punishes the other teams in the conference.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    Yeah, I don't see a TV ban being feasible. It punishes the other teams in the conference.
    They'll just make all of their games the 11:00am SECN game.

vCash
    If they are going to be banned from TV they will just get a DP and allow the other team to schedule someone else in their place for a couple years.

The fact that the cheating was not confined to football means that the SEC doesn't have to have any remorse when they boot their entire athletic program if they choose to.

Either way it goes OM will either be crippled for the next 10 years or the NCAA is about to lose all credibility and any semblance of control.
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

vCash
    I agree. I don't think there will be a tv ban. How about no home games? Could you imagine traveling to Starkville, Tuscaloosa, Baton Rouge, Auburn, College Station and Fayetteville every year while down 30 to 40 schollys?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reason2succeed View Post
    If they are going to be banned from TV they will just get a DP and allow the other team to schedule someone else in their place for a couple years.

The fact that the cheating was not confined to football means that the SEC doesn't have to have any remorse when they boot their entire athletic program if they choose to.

Either way it goes OM will either be crippled for the next 10 years or the NCAA is about to lose all credibility and any semblance of control.
    It will be interesting how the SEC looks at it. If they could boot UNM and expand the market with maybe NC State then it would be a smart business move to do it. Do the rest of the SEC members really have it in them to be that ruthless? I am sure there would be all kinds of political pressure for MSU to vote to keep them in the SEC if a vote came up. With UNM recognition and facilities, I don't see them dropping down to the AAC or anything like that. They would probably just move to the Big 12 because the Big 12 would want to expand their market into SEC territory.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjoelner34 View Post
    I agree. I don't think there will be a tv ban. How about no home games? Could you imagine traveling to Starkville, Tuscaloosa, Baton Rouge, Auburn, College Station and Fayetteville every year while down 30 to 40 schollys?
    And with a head coach that probably makes Croom look like Nick Saban.

vCash
    Hell- making them play all 11am games would be a harsh penalty in itself

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    It will be interesting how the SEC looks at it. If they could boot UNM and expand the market with maybe NC State then it would be a smart business move to do it. Do the rest of the SEC members really have it in them to be that ruthless? I am sure there would be all kinds of political pressure for MSU to vote to keep them in the SEC if a vote came up. With UNM recognition and facilities, I don't see them dropping down to the AAC or anything like that. They would probably just move to the Big 12 because the Big 12 would want to expand their market into SEC territory.
    The big 12 would take Memphis before a tainted UNM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg34 View Post
    They'll just make all of their games the 11:00am SECN+ game.
    FIFY #RebsStreamOnly

vCash

Yep, the 21 Level I's committed many times over ensures either of these two outcomes, there can be no other "slap-on-the-wrist" type of punishment, and we all know they NCAA is gonna want to remain relevant. TCUN is so 17'd and the best part is they did it to themselves by not stopping.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1bigdawg View Post
    The big 12 would take Memphis before a tainted UNM.
    You forgot these ***. As much as I love to rag on the Rebs they are superior sports program to Memphis or any of the other teams that were trying to get into the Big 12. That's why the SEC need not have remorse for booting them. They will be picked up like a cheap hooker on a busy street.
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

vCash
    You forgot these ***. As much as I love to rag on the Rebs they are superior sports program to Memphis or any of the other teams that were trying to get into the Big 12. That's why the SEC need not have remorse for booting them. They will be picked up like a cheap hooker on a busy street.
    Yep, just on facilities alone they are better than Memphis. Hell, UNM name recognition is better than ours. When I lived in California about 15 years ago wearing my MSU stuff, I would have people ask if I went to Miss Ole' or whatever. They hands down do a better job on public relations/Marketing than we do. Although now it is going to be their name synonymous with SMU. Shit can't get here fast enough.

vCash
    UNM out of the SEC would be hot garbage. You think there is any way they would get the recruits they get as an SEC member if they were in the B12...especially if they aren't allowed to blatantly cheat?

This is not like TAMU and Mizzou coming to the SEC. Playing in the SEC is the pinnacle. No way kids in and around UNM would choose to play in the B12 over an SEC school.

And keep in mind, they haven't been much in any sport for a long time. They've had a little bit of recent baseball success due to our collapse under Polk 2, but now that we're moving back into our rightful place, they won't be a huge factor there.

They've never been particularly good at basketball, and their football success since segregation has been built on a foundation of cheating. Once busted, they are going to suck even worse.
    Last edited by blacklistedbully; 03-31-2017 at 01:38 PM.