Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Self imposing a second bowl ban?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reason2succeed View Post
    You do realize that we play teams outside of our conference right? We played USM a few year back. Some of the teams in the SEC have a non-conference rivalry game: Georgia, Florida, SCar, and U.K. There could still be an Egg Bowl after OM gets ditched.
    You are correct. However in the event that Ole Miss gets kicked out of the SEC I think there will be a lot of hard feelings as there are many that exist right now already. I do think that would cause the Egg Bowl to not be played for awhile. Especially with Ole Miss knowing that we would likely destroy their ass for several years in a row.

I imagine that if Ole Miss left the SEC they would most likely end up in the AAC and basically be in the same situation as USM and who knows what happens to the Egg Bowl then? I think being out of the SEC plus us possibly playing USM would force them back into the rivalry.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Boodawg View Post
    I agree totally. It would mean better recruiting/players/etc.
    And it wouldn't be just football- being out of the SEC would hurt their baseball and basketball programs as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncivilengineer View Post
    Coach beav frezzuz is playing hardball with Ole Miss. He knows all and will talk if they fire him. This is the most logical explation. Occam's Razor.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    And it wouldn't be just football- being out of the SEC would hurt their baseball and basketball programs as well.
    My question is this-- When the shitbirds get kicked out of the SEC, will LSU become OUR real rival?
    You're blind if you can't see improvement.....Freshmens......Strain.....Kick rocks and pound sand......Drag my Yankee ass outta here!......

vCash
    If Ole Miss is going to impose a 2nd bowl ban, they'll do it right before kickoff to minimize players transferring. They're essentially trapping their players by messing with these timelines. They know it's coming though, so they can at least control when it's handed down if they do it themselves. Smart move really. Lose way fewer players that way.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    If Ole Miss is going to impose a 2nd bowl ban, they'll do it right before kickoff to minimize players transferring. They're essentially trapping their players by messing with these timelines. They know it's coming though, so they can at least control when it's handed down if they do it themselves. Smart move really. Lose way fewer players that way.
    Yancey even agrees with this

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    I am amazed at the lengths OM is going to in order to hopefully save Freeze. Won't really matter once the show cause comes down but for now it looks like they are willing to take a big dose of medicine in hopes of keeping him. At first I just thought they just wanted grounds to get rid of him to make sure they wouldn't have to pay him anything in a settlement but given all of the allegations the University has already agreed with in even the first NOA it seems they would already have more than enough justification for that. I'm not sure I've ever heard of a school offer up a 2 year bowl ban while still retaining the HC involved.
    I have no idea if Ole Miss is thinking of self imposing anything or not.

However, I have reported from the start that the plan was to save Freeze, mainly by having boosters and others take the fall.

The way things have turned lately, I figured plans would change. Doesn't look like it.

The powers that be there have decided to be willing to kill Ole Miss to save Hugh. Never seen anything like it.

Freeze must really be a messianic type cult leader who has them under his spell
    Not only did Mississippi State embarrass LSU on this night. Davis Wade Stadium wrecked Tiger Stadium in music choice, atmosphere and, most of all, volume.

When I'm 80 and deaf, it's not going to be all those Springsteen concerts or Queen at Municipal Auditorium in New Orleans on Halloween Night in 1978, it will be this game...............Glen Guilbeau--Sherveport Times

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mimi's Babies View Post
    I notice on a forum (for that other school) that one of the so called disassociated boosters is still advertising his business on a OM forum page.... Does this not count as not another NOA issue?

Is the list of these boosters public now?
    No, just can't donate to the school. I've also said all along that being disassociated doesn't mean shit. They still funnel the money to the school through others.

They also wear the "Disassociated Booster" like a badge of honor. Swaggering from one tailgate to another knowing when they leave everybody will whisper he's the guy that got us Player X.

Hell, the people at the tailgates love to have him come by just so they can brag Mr. Bigshot Booster comes by their tailgate.
    Not only did Mississippi State embarrass LSU on this night. Davis Wade Stadium wrecked Tiger Stadium in music choice, atmosphere and, most of all, volume.

When I'm 80 and deaf, it's not going to be all those Springsteen concerts or Queen at Municipal Auditorium in New Orleans on Halloween Night in 1978, it will be this game...............Glen Guilbeau--Sherveport Times

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
    No, just can't donate to the school. I've also said all along that being disassociated doesn't mean shit. They still funnel the money to the school through others.

They also wear the "Disassociated Booster" like a badge of honor. Swaggering from one tailgate to another knowing when they leave everybody will whisper he's the guy that got us Player X.

Hell, the people at the tailgates love to have him come by just so they can brag Mr. Bigshot Booster comes by their tailgate.
    I'd like a map of these tailgates when you have a moment.

vCash
    I know they don't give a wet fart about those kids, but if the players realize they got manipulated to keep from being able to transfer, who else thinks they just lay down the entire season with their give a damn busted?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg34 View Post
    I know they don't give a wet fart about those kids, but if the players realize they got manipulated to keep from being able to transfer, who else thinks they just lay down the entire season with their give a damn busted?
    And that's another reason why they're gonna get hammered -- because they continue to manipulate the lives of these student=athletes and their families. The front page of the NCAA's website contains the following regarding the NCAA's priorities:

FAIRNESS
    All college athletes deserve a fair shot. We focus on respect, integrity and responsibility, both on and off the field, so that college sports prepare student-athletes for life.

The TCUN way of doing business runs directly counter to this statement.

vCash
    I have no idea if Ole Miss is thinking of self imposing anything or not.

However, I have reported from the start that the plan was to save Freeze, mainly by having boosters and others take the fall.

The way things have turned lately, I figured plans would change. Doesn't look like it.

The powers that be there have decided to be willing to kill Ole Miss to save Hugh. Never seen anything like it.

Freeze must really be a messianic type cult leader who has them under his spell
    Agreed, but with a nice haircut.

vCash
    You can come to mine in Starkville and I'll show you a former disassociated booster a few tents down who loves the notoriety.

Or join the 120 Club and meet a couple more

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WSOPdawg View Post
    The video and script was not pulled together over night and may have taken longer than a week to pull it all together once the NOA was received.

I still think TCUN came into possession of the NOA around mid-to-late January, which coincides with all the coaches leaving the program prior to signing day (something that's just not heard of). Seeing as how they have done nothing but lie and lie repeatedly throughout this process, why would one believe they received the NOA on Feb 22? They may have already been on the 90-day clock for a month, in which case I'd look for mid-April (tax day) for their response to the NCAA.
    This!

OM received the NOA weeks before they produced their video. OleMiss, and more importantly their legal team had to digest the NOA and the repercussions in it's allegations. Then they had to sift out the hot topics of the NOA and script a response that they wanted to go public with. It took a few weeks to get that video to air time and OM did NOT produce that video without their legal team vetting every tiny detail and how it would affect the case on a go forward basis. They have mid to late April to respond JMO.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeDawg View Post
    This!

OM received the NOA weeks before they produced their video. OleMiss, and more importantly their legal team had to digest the NOA and the repercussions in it's allegations. Then they had to sift out the hot topics of the NOA and script a response that they wanted to go public with. It took a few weeks to get that video to air time and OM did NOT produce that video without their legal team vetting every tiny detail and how it would affect the case on a go forward basis. They have mid to late April to respond JMO.
    You can tell they were very careful in their wording in the video. They left things as vague as they could.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg34 View Post
    If it were me my give a damn would definitely be busted.

vCash
    Driven by Cannon Motors........ ugh

https://www.facebook.com/OMRebelNation/

vCash

vCash

IF the boosters are donating money to the NETWORK..... HOW are they using an OM 501(c)3 (non-profit) as a tax deduction??????/ Maybe the IRS needs to investigate the mess at OM also....

vCash
    I was also thinking UNM would drop our series if they were booted from the SEC and getting their ass handed to them every year, instead of every other year. They care far too much about their all-time records...especially vs us. Sure, they like to claim they don't care much, but we all know its a lie. I could easily see them preferring to cancel the series so that they don't lose their all-time edge.

Look at how they dropped USM from their schedule after USM beat them 4 out of 5 in the 80's.
    Last edited by blacklistedbully; 03-30-2017 at 06:39 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    Actually Mississippi being on probation would benefit monetarily the SEC members. During the period of probation 100% of Mississippi's share will be withheld, at the end of the probation Mississippi would receive 50% back at the end of their probation. In this circumstance, I don't how this money is distributed. Does the money get distributed by the normal SEC formula, 16 shares, 2 shares to the SEC conference and 1 share to each member. It could be 2 shares to to the SEC and the rest to 13 members since Mississippi would be left out.

Basically it possibly boils down to MSU might be getting some of Mississippi's money.

The jewel of this situation is cash flow damage, Mississippi could lose on average about $40M to their athletic budget for maybe 5 years. Mississippi has a very small athletic budget (like ours compared to other SEC members).
    The damage this would create would be far worse than 40 schollies lost over 3 years.
    I don't think money's the issue. Dickie's out.