Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Self imposing a second bowl ban?

vCash
    If TCUSN gets ejected from the conference, then goodbye egg bowl, and good bye having as much fun beating anybody else for the rest of our lives.

vCash
    Actually Mississippi being on probation would benefit monetarily the SEC members. During the period of probation 100% of Mississippi's share will be withheld, at the end of the probation Mississippi would receive 50% back at the end of their probation. In this circumstance, I don't how this money is distributed. Does the money get distributed by the normal SEC formula, 16 shares, 2 shares to the SEC conference and 1 share to each member. It could be 2 shares to to the SEC and the rest to 13 members since Mississippi would be left out.

Basically it possibly boils down to MSU might be getting some of Mississippi's money.

The jewel of this situation is cash flow damage, Mississippi could lose on average about $40M to their athletic budget for maybe 5 years. Mississippi has a very small athletic budget (like ours compared to other SEC members).
    The damage this would create would be far worse than 40 schollies lost over 3 years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    I wonder if Ole Miss does it and not the NCAA will that keep players from being able to transfer?
    My understanding,
    IF a recruit received "GOODS" from the school that player WILL NOT be allowed to transfer.....
    IF they have played even one down they cannot transfer and not sit out a year.
    If the recruit is "CLEAN", which I doubt there is, then that recruit should be able to transfer.

IF THE RECRUIT LIED TO THE NCAA..... that recruit should NOT play ball anywhere..... (how many recruits falls in this category)

JUST GUESSING/THINKING OUT LOUD:
    OM has 90 days to respond to the NCAA NOA.... they may have received it on February 14, 2017..... so from 2/14/2017 we are looking at May 2017, for the OM rebuttal.
    Then the NCAA has 60 days after that to rebuttal..... Om and their mess..... (So looks like July/August 2017) before we know anything.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WSOPdawg View Post
    Saying this with a sh!t-eating grin on my face: "They going down!!! For a long time!!!"
    Has any heard about the OM basketball may be involved also????

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mimi's Babies View Post
    My understanding,
    IF a recruit received "GOODS" from the school that player WILL NOT be allowed to transfer.....
    IF they have played even one down they cannot transfer and not sit out a year.
    If the recruit is "CLEAN", which I doubt there is, then that recruit should be able to transfer.

IF THE RECRUIT LIED TO THE NCAA..... that recruit should NOT play ball anywhere..... (how many recruits falls in this category)

JUST GUESSING/THINKING OUT LOUD:
    OM has 90 days to respond to the NCAA NOA.... they may have received it on February 14, 2017..... so from 2/14/2017 we are looking at May 2017, for the OM rebuttal.
    Then the NCAA has 60 days after that to rebuttal..... Om and their mess..... (So looks like July/August 2017) before we know anything.....
    The video and script was not pulled together over night and may have taken longer than a week to pull it all together once the NOA was received.

I still think TCUN came into possession of the NOA around mid-to-late January, which coincides with all the coaches leaving the program prior to signing day (something that's just not heard of). Seeing as how they have done nothing but lie and lie repeatedly throughout this process, why would one believe they received the NOA on Feb 22? They may have already been on the 90-day clock for a month, in which case I'd look for mid-April (tax day) for their response to the NCAA.

vCash
    Dont forget that OM is likely to use that 30 day extension to make it 120 days before responding to the COI

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster View Post
    Dont forget that OM is likely to use that 30 day extension to make it 120 days before responding to the COI
    If I was the NCAA, TCUN would not get another minute past 8:00am on day 121 then to "tell their story."

vCash
    The video and script was not pulled together over night and may have taken longer than a week to pull it all together once the NOA was received.

I still think TCUN came into possession of the NOA around mid-to-late January, which coincides with all the coaches leaving the program prior to signing day (something that's just not heard of). Seeing as how they have done nothing but lie and lie repeatedly throughout this process, why would one believe they received the NOA on Feb 22? They may have already been on the 90-day clock for a month, in which case I'd look for mid-April (tax day) for their response to the NCAA.
    Your right.
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to WSOPdawg again.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GTHOM View Post
    You can beat Bama early on in the season with 6 turnovers and the fluke play of the season though. Also you can beat them when they have Lane Kiffin calling plays deciding not to run a future Heisman winner while he's averaging 5 ypc.
    THIS^^ and freaking Cooper Bateman starting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobile Bay View Post
    If TCUSN gets ejected from the conference, then goodbye egg bowl, and good bye having as much fun beating anybody else for the rest of our lives.
    Small price to pay. Ole Miss out of the SEC is in MSU's best interests.

vCash

Did they ever say when they received it? I don't think they did, even a vague date (such as last week, or a couple of weeks ago). If that assumption is true, then you can't really accuse them of lieing about when they received it.

vCash
    I think we should have "SET THE CLOCK" at the top of the page to start ADDING the hours until OM post the NOA..... haha

OM is in this mess really deep..... ????? How low will they go????

Senior Member THE Bruce Dickinson's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster View Post
    This is not true. They are ready to tell their side of the story*

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    Did they ever say when they received it? I don't think they did, even a vague date (such as last week, or a couple of weeks ago). If that assumption is true, then you can't really accuse them of lieing about when they received it.
    From the hostage video:

We announce today that the NCAA enforcement staff's investigation of football has now concluded, and that earlier today, our outside legal counsel received the university's Notice of Allegations dealing with the football program. Throughout the more than four-year investigation, the University of Mississippi has been committed to seeking the truth.

They would lie if you asked them what they had for breakfast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I agree totally. It would mean better recruiting/players/etc.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobile Bay View Post
    You do realize that we play teams outside of our conference right? We played USM a few year back. Some of the teams in the SEC have a non-conference rivalry game: Georgia, Florida, SCar, and U.K. There could still be an Egg Bowl after OM gets ditched.
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    Well lets review the opening of the video from Chancellor Jeff Vittor:

Good afternoon. (a lie because they're about to announce an LOIC charge from the NCAA so how can it be a "good" afternoon?)

I’m Ole Miss Chancellor Jeff Vitter and I’m here with Vice Chancellor for Intercollegiate Athletics Ross Bjork and Head Football Coach Hugh Freeze. We’re here today to update you — the Ole Miss family — about the NCAA case. (truth via vaguely informing the family)

Today, we want to share with you as much information as we possibly can at this point in the process. (a lie because releasing the NOA would be sharing "as much information as possible")

As you will remember, in January of last year the University of Mississippi received a Notice of Allegations involving three sports — women’s basketball, track and field, and football — following an investigation that began in 2012. However, after potential new football allegations surfaced during the NFL Draft last April, the NCAA enforcement staff re- opened the investigation, and in June 2016 the NCAA Committee on Infractions separated the 13 football-related allegations in the original Notice from those related to women’s basketball and track and field. The university’s case involving the latter two programs concluded in October 2016 with the Committee on Infractions’ decision, which was publicly released at that time. (truth)

We announce today that the NCAA enforcement staff’s investigation of football has now concluded, and that earlier today, our outside legal counsel received the university’s Notice of Allegations dealing with the football program. (several lies because (1)haven't we discussed interviews still ongoing hence the investigation, much to the TCUN's chagrin, is still ongoing, and (2) the NOA being received by outside legal counsel today (on February 22, 2017) does not time-stamp the actual receipt of the NOA, much less allow for the production of the video response)

Throughout the more than four-year investigation, the University of Mississippi has been committed to seeking the truth. (omg, this is a make-me-puke lie)

While we vigorously disagree with some key allegations, and while we have had our differences on occasion with the NCAA about how the investigative process, I want to thank everyone involved — here and at the NCAA — for working with us to bring this phase of the process to an end. (lie because you know they have serious contempt for the NCAA)

I’m now going to ask our athletics director Ross Bjork to outline for you the Notice of Allegations as well as some of the next steps in the process. (truth)

- END VITTOR TRANSCRIPT -

So that's 11 statements made by Vittor and I count 6 lies just in the opening stanza of the video. But the key is Vittor announcing that the NOA was received by outside legal counsel on February 22 (the same day as the video response was drafted???).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Todd4State again.

Banned
    vCash
    This thread is much better than listening to people who say it's better for both programs when both are doing well.

17 the shit birds.

vCash
    Pay close attention to the wording.

What he said was outside counsel received the video today (feb 22). The NCAA probably didn't send it straight to their outside counsel. The NCAA most likely sent it to Oxford. They then, at some point, sent it to outside counsel (days, weeks, or even a month later). The video could have also been made weeks before Feb 22nd Outside counsel may have had it since late Jan or early Feb and his statement wouldn't have technically been a lie if they sent it the same day as the video was made. Hugh says there were no untruthful statements. Only "mistakes were said."