Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Self imposing a second bowl ban?

vCash

Self imposing a second bowl ban?

Heard from a distinguished State alum yesterday he's talked to a couple of om lawyer friends saying that om will impose a second bowl ban soon. They are attempting to self inflict enough wounds so the NCAA doesn't come for the full pound of flesh.

vCash
    That is cute that they think doing this Right Before the hammer drops is going to help them. They haven't done anything yet with all the coaches still on staff that committed the violations and they haven't disassociated any boosters.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Heard from a distinguished State alum yesterday he's talked to a couple of om lawyer friends saying that om will impose a second bowl ban soon. They are attempting to self inflict enough wounds so the NCAA doesn't come for the full pound of flesh.
    I am amazed at the lengths OM is going to in order to hopefully save Freeze. Won't really matter once the show cause comes down but for now it looks like they are willing to take a big dose of medicine in hopes of keeping him. At first I just thought they just wanted grounds to get rid of him to make sure they wouldn't have to pay him anything in a settlement but given all of the allegations the University has already agreed with in even the first NOA it seems they would already have more than enough justification for that. I'm not sure I've ever heard of a school offer up a 2 year bowl ban while still retaining the HC involved.

vCash
    I know if the NCAA imposes a multiyear ban then players can transfer. Can they do that on a self imposed mutliyear or is this an attempt to keep players from leaving?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    I am amazed at the lengths OM is going to in order to hopefully save Freeze. Won't really matter once the show cause comes down but for now it looks like they are willing to take a big dose of medicine in hopes of keeping him. At first I just thought they just wanted grounds to get rid of him to make sure they wouldn't have to pay him anything in a settlement but given all of the allegations the University has already agreed with in even the first NOA it seems they would already have more than enough justification for that. I'm not sure I've ever heard of a school offer up a 2 year bowl ban while still retaining the HC involved.
    I am conflicted on why they want to keep him so bad. He is a decent coach if he gets that level talent. You don't beat Bama with a bad coach. However, the level of allegations that is just public is enough that a normal coach would have been fired. Of course UNM has kept a lot out of the public so far. Either they think firing Beaver is an admission of guilt and they are going to try to fight it or Beaver has threatened to bring people down with him.

There is another possibility: The Network knows that they won't be able to get even a decent coach to come there and agree to let the Network have the impact in the program going forward. They know that to get recruits to their "beautiful campus", they have to cheat their ass off just to get them to visit. Any coach that wants a future in coaching isn't going to let the atmosphere of Sodom and Gomorrah raining down on recruits with hookers and cash keep on in the future. Beaver sold his soul for his "Dream job" and they know no one else will after this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    That is cute that they think doing this Right Before the hammer drops is going to help them. They haven't done anything yet with all the coaches still on staff that committed the violations and they haven't disassociated any boosters.
    They have disassociated at least 8 boosters. That's a huge amount and shows an extreme level of cheating

vCash
    I am conflicted on why they want to keep him so bad. He is a decent coach if he gets that level talent. You don't beat Bama with a bad coach. However, the level of allegations that is just public is enough that a normal coach would have been fired. Of course UNM has kept a lot out of the public so far. Either they think firing Beaver is an admission of guilt and they are going to try to fight it or Beaver has threatened to bring people down with him.

There is another possibility: The Network knows that they won't be able to get even a decent coach to come there and agree to let the Network have the impact in the program going forward. They know that to get recruits to their "beautiful campus", they have to cheat their ass off just to get them to visit. Any coach that wants a future in coaching isn't going to let the atmosphere of Sodom and Gomorrah raining down on recruits with hookers and cash keep on in the future. Beaver sold his soul for his "Dream job" and they know no one else will after this.
    You can beat Bama early on in the season with 6 turnovers and the fluke play of the season though. Also you can beat them when they have Lane Kiffin calling plays deciding not to run a future Heisman winner while he's averaging 5 ypc.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    I wonder if Ole Miss does it and not the NCAA will that keep players from being able to transfer?

vCash
    Either they think firing Beaver is an admission of guilt
    Hasn't the university already agreed with the vast majority of allegations in the first NOA? I believe they are contesting one or two and maybe the level of one or two but there are a bunch of allegations in there that they are not contesting in any way. Seems they have already admitted a lot of guilt.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    I wonder if Ole Miss does it and not the NCAA will that keep players from being able to transfer?
    The players can transfer.

If this is being done- this is just the OM Brass slowly giving the NCAA more and more until they finally accept what OM offers up. It's called negotiations. Start low and see where things end up. Obviously the NCAA laughed at one year

vCash

Simple. He knows where the bodies are buried.

vCash
    #
    Last edited by spbdawg; 11-26-2018 at 11:58 AM.

vCash
    No disrespect to the OP or his source, but this smells like fake news to me.

I can't see this happening prior to them landing in Naptown.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by louisvilledawg View Post
    Simple. He knows where the bodies are buried.

Yeah. Freeze can do much more damage than anyone involved. There's no other explanation for him still being on the payroll.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DancingRabbit View Post
    No disrespect to the OP or his source, but this smells like fake news to me.

I can't see this happening prior to them landing in Naptown.
    Could be DR. He said his om buddies are about to lose their religion over this stuff. They know it's going to be program changing in a very bad way. He said one of his om buddies is a big sunshine pumper but now that sun has set. He's doom and gloom now.

vCash
    What's a two year bowl ban when you are staring down the barrel of a two year death penalty?!?
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reason2succeed View Post
    What's a two year bowl ban when you are staring down the barrel of a two year death penalty?!?
    Desperation. OM is a man on his death bed trying to make a deal with God for a few more years. Ain't gonna happen. The end is near.

vCash
    3-5 Year Bowl Ban, 30-45 Schollys and 5 year Show Cause .... going by matrix on first NOA.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    3-5 Year Bowl Ban, 30-45 Schollys and 5 year Show Cause .... going by matrix on first NOA.
    This would be glorious with the 2nd NOA to follow.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster View Post
    They have disassociated at least 8 boosters. That's a huge amount and shows an extreme level of cheating

Have they? One of the obvious ones is still sponsoring/advertising on the Rebel Yell radio show.