Thread: Ky fans go after Ref John Higgins for calls or no calls in NC game.

vCash

Ky fans go after Ref John Higgins for calls or no calls in NC game.

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/s...book/99747670/

They must have short memories, because they have made a living with just the same. Especially against us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shannondawg View Post
    http://www.clarionledger.com/story/s...book/99747670/

They must have short memories, because they have made a living with just the same. Especially against us.
    Kentucky fans being Ky fans.....Didn't seem to have a problem in the SEC championship game against us some years back.
    "I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." -- Arthur C. Clarke

vCash
    It's about time it happened to them. They could lose 100 games on bad calls and still would be in the black.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AROB44 View Post
    Kentucky fans being Ky fans.....Didn't seem to have a problem in the SEC championship game against us some years back.
    Yeah I have no sympathy for those people. And it's why I pull against em. It's not even close to caught with them yet...

Mississippi State Coach Rick Stansbury charged referees with missing a critical call at the end of regulation that helped Kentucky win the Southeastern Conference Tournament championship on Sunday.

When Eric Bledsoe intentionally missed a free throw with 4.6 seconds to go in regulation, two UK teammates violated the rule that requires all players not lined up along the lane to remain behind the three-point and free-throw lines extended until the foul shot hits the rim.

Still photography and a video appeared on the Internet clearly showing John Wall well inside those lines while Bledsoe's shot is several feet from the basket.

No call was made. Wall chased down Bledsoe's intentional miss in the right corner, dribbled and took a three-point air ball that teammate DeMarcus Cousins laid in at the buzzer to send the game into overtime.

UK won 75-74 in overtime to win the championship and dash Mississippi State's hopes of receiving an NCAA Tournament bid.

"It's not a judgment call," Stansbury said.

Gerald Boudreaux, the supervisor of SEC officials, supports Stansbury's contention that referees Tom Eades, Joe Lindsay and Ted Valentine did not correctly call the violation.

The video also shows State's Dee Bost and UK's Darius Miller improperly crossing the three-point and free-throw lines.

If the referees had called a double violation, the play would have been whistled dead and the ball awarded according to the possession arrow.

What irked Stansbury was the mistake came in a free-throw situation, not in the chaotic swirl of game action.

In the regular season, Mississippi State lost to Kentucky in overtime in a game that saw 10 calls made against the Bulldogs and none against UK in the game's final eight minutes. Stansbury said his anger over the non-call in the SEC Tournament was unrelated to the game in Starkville last month.

"The first game, I put behind me," he said. "I'm not a guy who cries over spilled milk very often. ... This was a hard pill to swallow because this was not a judgment call."

Stansbury, a native of Battletown, Ky., said he did not mean to detract from Kentucky. "Hey, congratulations to Kentucky," he said. "This isn't about Kentucky. ... This is about doing the right thing."

vCash
    "The officials got under the skin of the fans down the stretch as Mississippi State was called for 10 fouls to zero for Kentucky.

Three of those calls were key: A block-charge call that went Patrick Patterson’s way, when virtually every collision had been called a charge all night, a no-call on a John Wall goal tend, and a tickle foul on a Wall jumper."

Yeah...no sympathy.

vCash
    I still remember Melvin Turpin going from half court to make a layup to send it to OT at the Hump. HE never dribbled the ball.

vCash
    This is why I think it is a bad idea for Arkansas to allow weapons. Some pissed off fan is going to shoot a ref.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    This is why I think it is a bad idea for Arkansas to allow weapons. Some pissed off fan is going to shoot a ref.
    Especially in Arkansas. This is the last place I would want to allow weapons.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    Maybe the thought of that happening will straighten them out a little....the SEC sure ain't gonna do it!
    You're blind if you can't see improvement.....Freshmens......Strain.....Kick rocks and pound sand......Drag my Yankee ass outta here!......

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    I still remember Melvin Turpin going from half court to make a layup to send it to OT at the Hump. HE never dribbled the ball.
    I little exaggeration, but I get it

vCash
    KY can kiss my ass with their tongue out. Sucks when the shoe is on the other foot, huh?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tireddawg View Post
    I little exaggeration, but I get it
    A little, but it was nearly that bad. Were you there? I've hated UK ever since.

vCash
    Callng late game fouls on UK basketball is like calling offensive holding on Bama in football. If you make too many of those, you'll be answering to the SEC office sooner than you think.

vCash
    No one dislikes bad calls more than I, and they've been BAD this year, but you don't go after a ref and his livelihood like these ignorant KY fans have done. They should do what we all do after we play U.K. and suffer thru bad officiating favoring our opponent - bitch and moan. Then move on.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msujan View Post
    No one dislikes bad calls more than I, and they've been BAD this year, but you don't go after a ref and his livelihood like these ignorant KY fans have done. They should do what we all do after we play U.K. and suffer thru bad officiating favoring our opponent - bitch and moan. Then move on.
    I don't have a problem with it. This guy is probably making around 200K per year reffing alone. When you work such a public job, there is some expectation of your privacy being gone. When you work where reputation is based on word of mouth, you are going to have to go out of your way to maintain a positive reputation. His jobs are conflicting. He has to know that.

This is not the same thing as a fan going after another fan or even a college player (nonprofessional).

vCash
    I'm listening to Wyatt and Borkey (sp?) discuss this on the radio now. I mean, they are just running these KY fans into the ground. DESTROYING them. Why aren't they this passionately hateful about the UM fans who went after Steve and other people associated with State?

vCash
    2010 SEC Championship game put a sour taste in my mouth about Kentucky for the rest of my life. I remember it was spring break and that we were out on the campground listening to the game on the radio and hearing how disgusted Jack was calling the game and about damn near cussing the mic off during the last minute. It would have been a fantastic win due to the fact that Kentucky was ranked 2nd in the nation and it was a packed house in Nashville with 90% Kentucky fans.