Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thursday Sever Weather

Senior Member THE Bruce Dickinson's Avatar
    vCash

In all honestly though I appreciate what y'all do. Elitedawgs had pretty much become my weather authority for days like today. Keep up the good work guys.

- Don't ever joke about tornadoes. It's not a joke. - Scooba
    Last edited by ScoobaDawg; 03-30-2017 at 02:05 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BB30 View Post
    I get tornadoes and severe weather are going to happen and what yall do when it does happen is extremely helpful, but hoping for it to happen is a little off IMO.
    Trust me, a lot of us have a deep conflict and some guilt about getting excited when severe weather is predicted. It really does tear us both ways. When we say we're excited about the prospects of seeing severe weather we are not actively hoping to see towns get obliterated. Nothing could be further from the truth. That's why if you watch chase videos or live streams when you see a tornado approach a town or house you can often times hear the chaser start imploring it to miss the town or house or hope nobody is home or in shelters.

vCash
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWIx3Erswh8

Something for you weather guys to pleasure yourself to today lol.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg34 View Post
    Trust me, a lot of us have a deep conflict and some guilt about getting excited when severe weather is predicted. It really does tear us both ways. When we say we're excited about the prospects of seeing severe weather we are not actively hoping to see towns get obliterated. Nothing could be further from the truth. That's why if you watch chase videos or live streams when you see a tornado approach a town or house you can often times hear the chaser start imploring it to miss the town or house or hope nobody is home or in shelters.

No need to defend yourself. Keep doin what your doin. I appreciate the solid info you guys relay on here. Yeah, that one comment did come off a little odd but I think most folks know what you were saying.

This site has become a go to for severe westher days...constant and accurate updates. Much appreciated.

Official Elitedawg Weather Forecaster TheRef's Avatar
    vCash
    The chasing community is torn on how to talk about things like that with the public. I know that I even struggle just because it's hard to put it into words without seeming like you don't care about the public.

It's a simple fact in government that it causes a major, catastrophic event in order for things to change. Large events lead to large actions on the public. After the 2008 tornado outbreak, the "StormReady" movement caught hold. After the 2011 outbreak, communities made a concerted effort to reach out to members about what to do in a tornado.

All of this to say I hope and pray that if there are tornadoes today, I hope they stay in open fields that have no crops planted on it. I want to see a beautiful stovepipe tornado go through a field and hit absolutely nothing.

vCash
    I've seen 9 tornadoes in my short chasing career. 6 caused none to very minor damage, 1 caused moderate damage but no injuries/fatalities, 1 caused heavy damage with 3 deaths and numerous injuries, and the Louisville, MS monster.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeless joe View Post
    No need to defend yourself. Keep doin what your doin. I appreciate the solid info you guys relay on here. Yeah, that one comment did come off a little odd but I think most folks know what you were saying.

This site has become a go to for severe westher days...constant and accurate updates. Much appreciated.
    Agreed wholeheartedly. The severe weather posts on this board are a part of my overall plan to keep my family safe. Your work and dedication are very much appreciated.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeless joe View Post

I concur and definitely appreciate the updates that keeps us all informed.

vCash
    OK. So, I will be driving from Calhoun City to Tupelo sometime after 4PM today. What should I be expecting around that time?

vCash
    Looks like there was a tornado on the ground in Gulf Hills, went North of Ocean Springs towards Vancleave about 10 minutes ago, don't know anything about the size or if there was any damage though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KB21 View Post
    OK. So, I will be driving from Calhoun City to Tupelo sometime after 4PM today. What should I be expecting around that time?
    The way things are looking right now not a frigging thing. Technically, Tupelo is still under a slight risk by the SPC, but things have really been trending down the last few hours on the high resolution models. I'm pretty much to the point of saying today's weather has been brought you by the letters B.U.S.T. as far as north MS goes. From a moderate to a marginal risk in 11 hours. That is just unprecedented busting right there.

vCash
    The way things are looking right now not a frigging thing. Technically, Tupelo is still under a slight risk by the SPC, but things have really been trending down the last few hours on the high resolution models. I'm pretty much to the point of saying today's weather has been brought you by the letters B.U.S.T. as far as north MS goes. From a moderate to a marginal risk in 11 hours. That is just unprecedented busting right there.
    I hope that's the case. I don't want to be driving home with severe weather going on.

vCash
    So I take it, with the weather BUST in N. MS today, that our game in Oxford tonight will be played? If so, I'll start heading that way in an hour.

vCash
    I would almost be certain that game gets played tonight. I see one meager little piss ant line that amounts to nothing right now.

vCash
    Thank you Vegas....I'm west bound and down...

vCash
    I prefer to get my weather from Mexico

https://www.youtube.com/embed/dsYfn8...toplay=1&rel=0
    "until the next time you beat a frat guy unconscious, get stoned and think you're Peter Pan"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TimberBeast View Post
    Looks like there was a tornado on the ground in Gulf Hills, went North of Ocean Springs towards Vancleave about 10 minutes ago, don't know anything about the size or if there was any damage though.
    Correct. Something happened in that area. Has not been confirmed as torando or straight line winds. But it's the only confimed storm of any type today so far.

Severe Weather MS‏ @SevereWeatherMS 1h1 hour agoMore

Preliminary storm report: trees down on Harrison/Jackson Co. line, far SE #MSwx. Could have been straight-line winds, or brief/week tornado.

vCash
    GOOD

vCash
    Y'all had ya mouth all set for some storms and then they ain't no storms. It don't make no sense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WSOPdawg View Post
    I concur and definitely appreciate the updates that keeps us all informed.
    I agree too. That's why I opened the thread. I always come here for severe weather updates thanks to Ref and SVD34. However, I still find it very off-putting and insensitive to see someone openly hoping for very severe weather and tornadoes since that means people will be losing homes and potentially lives. I fully understand the desire to chase and/or study these storms. I would enjoy it myself. I know people do it, at least in part, for the excitement. It's just one of those things that's probably better left unsaid. Look, it's not a huge deal, but I would just advise folks to be careful what they say or how they say it. Take it fwiw, which ain't much.