Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Vs Memphis game thread

vCash
    We had running backs but we just didn't play them until midway through last season.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    I always liked Andruw, there is a reason Andruw played a 12 year span with one club and there is reason why JH is on club #3 by age 27. All the Cub fans I know personally consider him a waste of money and all Card fans I know personally consider him a dodged bullet
    I am no Hayward fan but dude had Willie Mays comparisons put on him when he was only 21 years old. He is a solid MLB player and a great defender. He is a shitty hitter for his off the charts natural athletic talent though.

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Grid can't hit 3 hole for us

vCash
    During this 4-game winning streak, there's the obvious guys in mangum, rooker, and gridley, but hats off to lovelady for locking down the catching position. Also, hats off to the bullpen and Henderson....

Last 4 games:
    19.0 ip 15 h 4 er 9 bb 25 k
    1.89 era
    1.26 whip

Gotta cut down on the walks, but k's and hits are really good

vCash
    Good win and great to see all of the freshmen and Cole Gordon getting the job done. Their command was off some tonight but it was more freshmen inexperience mistakes more than anything. We have our moments at the plate but we also give away too many at bats. Again- inexperience mistakes. We need to get Billingsley and Stovall back as soon as possible. I do think we played much better tonight compared to the last time I watched is in person last week. Of course that was without Mangum for USM but even still there are a lot of positive signs.

I'm optimistic about the rest of the season right now. Hopefully we'll keep it up Thursday through the weekend. Speaking of that- what our pitchers did tonight was huge because now we have Barton, Self, and Price fresh for the series. Kudos especially to Cole Gordon.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    I always liked Andruw, there is a reason Andruw played a 12 year span with one club and there is reason why JH is on club #3 by age 27. All the Cub fans I know personally consider him a waste of money and all Card fans I know personally consider him a dodged bullet
    Andruw Jones was lazy. Bobby Cox pulled him in the middle of an inning at least once that I can remember for loafing. You could look at his physique and tell he didn't work out like he should have been.

I don't think Heyward is lazy. I just think he's a guy that is an average hitter and he is what he is. He may have been rushed to MLB some too and that probably didn't help not to mention he has huge expectations.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    This is solely to protect Jake and Brent as best as possible. Saber metrics be damned.
    this. and with rooker behind him Mangum is obviously seeing lots to hit cos he's been red hot. I was confused Friday when rooker was in the 2 hole but damn it has produced results - a lot due to how good gridley has been
    Do I not look like a pothouse? Six foot down the bar. Go on, jog on, walk on, goodbye, bon voyage, **** off.

vCash
    Yall really suck ass for game threads unless stuff is going bad allowing you to bitch. Noone even posts if we won until Todd did and still no scores.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyQuid View Post
    this. and with rooker behind him Mangum is obviously seeing lots to hit cos he's been red hot. I was confused Friday when rooker was in the 2 hole but damn it has produced results - a lot due to how good gridley has been
    There's a lot to be said for putting your best hitter in the two hole. I remember discussions about this in 13 regarding renfroe. It doesn't meet the needs of the saber crowd but in the actual on field game of baseball it can be a solid strategy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeless joe View Post
    There's a lot to be said for putting your best hitter in the two hole. I remember discussions about this in 13 regarding renfroe. It doesn't meet the needs of the saber crowd but in the actual on field game of baseball it can be a solid strategy.
    Conventional thinking has always dictated putting your best hitters in the 3 & 4 hole of the lineup, but only in the 1st inning are these hitters guaranteed to POSSIBLY have runners on base ahead of him.

On the other hand, how many times has the game ended with the best hitters stuck in the on-deck circle in the 9th inning. I'd much rather get my best hitters more ABs by hitting them 1 & 2 and challenge the conventional thinking.

On a side note, another challenge to the conventional way of doing things: If you're Tom Brady and the Patriots, why ever kick the extra point? Why not go for 2 after every TD because their completion % has got to be pushing 80%.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Kudos especially to Cole Gordon.
    Wait the guy that can't hit for shit that I said should try pitching actually pitched last night and did well? What was his pitching line?