Thread: Is Rebecca Lobo the best ESPN can do for an in studio analyst on WBB?...

vCash

Is Rebecca Lobo the best ESPN can do for an in studio analyst on WBB?...

I know she was a great player in her day but geez, besides the fact that she is certainly not the most attractive female to look at, she has zero personality and offers the most mechanical assessment of matchups and game analysis I've ever heard. Looked like she was constipated even having to make a comment on anything MSU related. I mean just because you were a great player doesn't that certainly doesn't make you a great analyst. She doesn't seem to offer much except that WBB fans know her name. I mean it wouldn't kill her to at least change her facial expression from time to time and change up the monotone. Anyway, certainly don't look forward to hearing her making comments on our upcoming game with her UConn team. I'm sure that will be a treat for us all.

vCash
    I don't mind her, I think she's pretty good and a good counter to Landers.

vCash
    Both Lobo and Kara Lawson are great imho.

vCash
    Maria Taylor on the other hand can do no wrong in my book.
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TStationDawg View Post
    Both Lobo and Kara Lawson are great imho.
    Kara Lawson is excellent. I wouldn't put Lobo anywhere near the same level.

vCash
    Lobo doesn't really bother me. And yeah I've always been impressed with Lawson, even though she beat us like 3 times at the buzzer.

vCash
    FWIW I don't think Lobo gives the SEC their due and don't really care for her.

Banned
    vCash
    If you say Lobo, they'll say UCONN. It's synonymous. Considering how many other great players they've had since..it's still Lobo. Eye opening player.

vCash
    I think Rebecca does a pretty good job. The Georgia coach (don't even know his name) that's on with her and his crazy accent gets to me though. Kinda getting used to it by now.

Banned
    vCash
    The analysts all, whomever they are, think we are averagely talented so they pick the more talented team. Effort and will (deep belief) is where we excel the most...which isn't average. Matter of fact, because only Brown worked in the Baylor game, we won. i would have picked state over Baylor, well I did even. Maybe it's because Baylor is a shining star program.

We overwhelmed all the other players into mistakes and if we hit the easy buckets we missed at beginning of the game, we would have won by more bc Baylor needed the refs to climb back in.
    Last edited by I_Spy; 03-28-2017 at 05:20 PM.

vCash
    She is right where she should be. Just keep her and Lawson off the men's shows. It's all good.

vCash
    I've liked Lobo ever since she won the Kentucky Derby.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by somebodyshotmypaw View Post
    I've liked Lobo ever since she won the Kentucky Derby.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    I don't mind her, I think she's pretty good and a good counter to Landers.
    Agree. I would rather have an aluminum folding chair than Landers