Thread: Looking Back on Golson Transfer

vCash

Looking Back on Golson Transfer

Didn't occur to me until the other day that it was kinda odd for the good ole Rev Freezus to not block Golson from transferring to Auburn after his freshman year. Of course, the usual sick family members appeared (in this case TWO grandfathers) and gave Freeze the convenient excuse to do the "right" thing for the young man and his soul.

But don't you think it is a little rare to not block him from going to a team in your division that you play every year when he has 3 years left to play? Now that it is known that Golson had a nice long talk with the NCAA for this investigation, I wonder if it was sick family members or Golson threatening to blow the lid off the Rev back then?

Amazing that a 19 year old kid had Freezus by the balls. And as soon as the other inmates of the 2013 class saw the power they had, well you know who ran the asylum.

Be careful what you ask for, you just may get it.

vCash
    Said it then and will say it again. He had them by the gonads. They weren't going to block anything.

vCash
    Don't we have to assume he's one of the players that gave the goods to the investigators?

vCash
    OM fans act like these players voluntarily offered information. The players were given no choice and told by the NCAA to sit down and tell their story. They were offered immunity only so the players felt comfortable to tell the truth about information the NCAA already had from other sources. They spilt no new milk. The players were only offered immunity on the information that they were asked about. If they offered more or new information about something else they could be held responsible for their own actions. I assure you none of the players "gave the goods". That's a very tiring OM line.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroons View Post
    Don't we have to assume he's one of the players that gave the goods to the investigators?
    He's "Student Athlete B" or whatever the hunting-trip-violation guy is named.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    I could be incorrect, but I thought at first Freeze was publicly against him transferring within the SEC and then a few days later, he allowed it. Strange to say the least.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Interpolation_Dawg_EX View Post
    I could be incorrect, but I thought at first Freeze was publicly against him transferring within the SEC and then a few days later, he allowed it. Strange to say the least.
    Spiritual awakening.****

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Interpolation_Dawg_EX View Post
    He just wanted to help his good buddy Malzahn out by giving him a quality OL-man. Was definitely strange to say the least to approve a transfer within the division.