Thread: Mulkey and Auriemma make over 2 mill per year

vCash

Mulkey and Auriemma make over 2 mill per year

Schaefer makes about $675,000 .... Kim Mulkey and Geno each make over $2 Million per year... so if you are Schaefer, what do you think your market value is? Granted both Mulkey and Auriemma have won a National Championship.... so if Schaefer wins a National Championship does his market value get to $1.75 Million?

vCash
    That's his base salary, he gets more than that ultimately.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    his base should be 1 million minimum just based on what's happened so far. If he wins natty it should be around 1.5

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    Schaefer makes about $675,000 .... Kim Mulkey and Geno each make over $2 Million per year... so if you are Schaefer, what do you think your market value is? Granted both Mulkey and Auriemma have won multiple National Championships.... so if Schaefer wins a National Championship does his market value get to $1.75 Million?
    Fixed it for you

vCash
    A) those coaches have NC's and sustained success

B) they live in areas with much higher cost of living.

Vic deserves a raise- but let's don't get too carried away

vCash
    2 years ago, Geno was making $988,000 in base salary. So, I'd say Vic gets $750,000 or so, for now. Incentives should get him around $1M.

vCash
    My first thought was "Combined?"

That's a pretty insane amount of money, not that Geno hasn't earned it.
    Leicester Till I Die

vCash
    How about some of the other well-known women's coaches ... like Muffin at Notre Dame? He probably should be in the Top Ten of women's basketball coaches in salary by season's end. And he's going to have another great team next year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster View Post

I agree.

vCash
    Mulkey was quoted in the USA Today post-game coverage as saying "I knew we were in trouble when they were hitting bank shot 3's" early in the game, which means, I suppose, that in her mind we were just really, really lucky.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullmutt View Post
    Mulkey was quoted in the USA Today post-game coverage as saying "I knew we were in trouble when they were hitting bank shot 3's" early in the game, which means, I suppose, that in her mind we were just really, really lucky.
    I think getting every possible call from the refs made up for a couple of banked in 3s.

Banned
    vCash
    Vivians makes bank shot 3's all the time, it's normal for V. Each year she releases the ball quicker and quicker, accounting for some of her air balls. We aren't uconn, we don't pass until people are wide open V has to make space. I'm impressed with V and obviously Morgan's game last night.

In other words, she's been working on her quickness of release for 3 years and I think her touch with it will still improve. v is a scorer no doubt, and doesn't rely on luck at all. Won a game in 2 seconds with an inbounds 3 so quick or something last year.
    Last edited by I_Spy; 03-27-2017 at 05:13 PM.

vCash

Agree with A) but Waco is not a great town or that expensive. Baylor has plenty of cash though. And, no income tax in TX.
    Last edited by IMissJack; 03-27-2017 at 06:23 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IMissJack View Post
    Agree with A) but Waco is not a great town or that expensive. Baylor has plenty of cash though. And, no income tax in TX.
    It would be shocking if real estate in Waco is close to the same as StarkVegas

vCash
    It would be shocking if real estate in Waco is close to the same as StarkVegas
    Real estate in Starkville is pretty high, especially for a small town. Must be the college influence.

Edit: according to census.gov, the median value of owner-occupied housing in Starkville is $163,200, Waco is $96,500. Median household income in both towns is very low ... $31000 in Starkville, $33000 in Waco.
    Last edited by RocketDawg; 03-27-2017 at 09:01 PM.

vCash
    Last night, I said Vic deserves $1.25MM. I still stand by that number today.

Banned
    vCash
    Vic is making 850k now. I expect him to be at 1mil very soon.