Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: UConn fans are cocky as hell

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
    Haha!!

Call me sexist if you want, but you might be getting close to a degenerate gambler if you bet on womens basketball .
    Money is green just like the men's side
    Last edited by ScoobaDawg; 03-28-2017 at 10:47 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    The people that beat us by 60 last year are predominantly in the WNBA right now and went 1,2,3 in the draft. They are good and will be favored, but anyone acting like we have no shot hasn't watched UCONN play this year. They have had several close calls this year and some were against teams much worse than us. If Tulane can hang within 3 we are capable of beating them. We will travel well and they will not have a home court advantage either. I tried to tell people yesterday that were talking about how classy their fans were that they were really just a bunch of ass holes.
    It's certainly possible, it's just very unlikely. You have to catch them on a bad night (they shot very poorly against Tulane and turned it over 18 times, that is an extreme rarity), and then you've gotta play about as well as you can possibly play yourself. Our defense may be able to keep their shooting and turnovers a little worse than their average, but the rest is just sort of luck of the draw. If William can get her shot and both Vivians and McCowan are as on as they can be, then we've got a real shot.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    It's certainly possible, it's just very unlikely. You have to catch them on a bad night (they shot very poorly against Tulane and turned it over 18 times, that is an extreme rarity), and then you've gotta play about as well as you can possibly play yourself. Our defense may be able to keep their shooting and turnovers a little worse than their average, but the rest is just sort of luck of the draw. If William can get her shot and both Vivians and McCowan are as on as they can be, then we've got a real shot.
    Oh I won't predict an upset. If they play their best game we can't beat them. How often does a team play it's best game though? If we play really well and they play just decent we will win. They don't have to play horrible for us to beat them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    They beat Tulane by 3 .. ****ing Tulane. We will be a double digit dog. Hell we were a 8 point dog against Baylor.
    They aren't undefeated by accident but we are pretty damn good.
    Yea, and UConn probably did that while sleepwalking the whole game. Unfortunately, in a National semifinal game, pretty sure we will get their best shot. If we win this game, IMO, it will be the biggest win in school history in any sport. The current UConn women's basketball dynasty makes Bama's current football dynasty under Saban look like chumps. Saban's had what, one undefeated season in his entire Bama tenure? Heck, I don't even know how many seasons 111 games go back but I guess it would be nearly 3. And its a lot easier to lose a basketball game on a given night than a football game.

vCash
    Oh I won't predict an upset. If they play their best game we can't beat them. How often does a team play it's best game though? If we play really well and they play just decent we will win. They don't have to play horrible for us to beat them.
    Eh, that's where I disagree. If they play decent (for them), we will have to play pretty much flawless basketball to beat them. If they play anything above bad or mediocre for them, we probably don't have a real shot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Yea, and UConn probably did that while sleepwalking the whole game. Unfortunately, in a National semifinal game, pretty sure we will get their best shot. If we win this game, IMO, it will be the biggest win in school history in any sport. The current UConn women's basketball dynasty makes Bama's current football dynasty under Saban look like chumps. Saban's had what, one undefeated season in his entire Bama tenure? Heck, I don't even know how many seasons 111 games go back but I guess it would be nearly 3. And its a lot easier to lose a basketball game on a given night than a football game.
    It goes back to the 2nd game of the season two years ago. So yes, basically 3 years. And before that, they had won 47 games in a row. So in their last 159 games, they have won 158. The only loss was a 2-point loss in OT on the road against Stanford.

Truly an unbelievable run. And as I've said before, if you don't get them this year, you almost certainly won't either of the next 2. Their two best players are sophomores, they don't lose anyone of real consequence after this year, they have a stud freshman who didn't start this year, they bring in the #1 HS player in the country next year, and they add two good transfers, one of whom is Azura Stevens, who scores 19 ppg as a sophomore at Duke.

Their team next year will likely rival the best they've ever had, and the team the following year may be even better. There is a legitimate chance they win 7 national titles in a row and run up the winning streak to close to 200.

vCash
    I find it funny that Tennessee and South Carolina fans chime into UConn board discussions like they are the SEC spokespeople. They talk down about us and even saw a USC fan say we're losing a ton this year in Chapel, Okorie, Richardson, and DD (which I agree those are great role players), and then said "and I don't think they've recruited enough pieces to keep them at this level". Clearly they feel threatened by the rising SEC program, and are trying to dismiss the hype. We're recruiting pretty damn well from what I've read and heard.

Can anybody give a breakdown of some of our new pieces we add to next year's team?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRef View Post
    I'm serious. I'm trying to have a legitimate conversation with this guy and he's just like "Maybe you'll beat us....LOL NO." God do I want to beat these 17'n fans moreso than Bama fans, and that's saying something. I want to knock them down about 20 pegs.

https://www.reddit.com/r/NCAAW/comme..._espn/dfhp64b/
    I'm with ya, Ref... if there's one thing I can't stand, it's a cocky/entitled fanbase...
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    They beat Tulane by 3 .. ****ing Tulane. We will be a double digit dog. Hell we were a 8 point dog against Baylor.
    They aren't undefeated by accident but we are pretty damn good.
    you are correct our bigs could cause them problems and we have seen what our defense can do. I am optimistic .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    I find it funny that Tennessee and South Carolina fans chime into UConn board discussions like they are the SEC spokespeople. They talk down about us and even saw a USC fan say we're losing a ton this year in Chapel, Okorie, Richardson, and DD (which I agree those are great role players), and then said "and I don't think they've recruited enough pieces to keep them at this level". Clearly they feel threatened by the rising SEC program, and are trying to dismiss the hype. We're recruiting pretty damn well from what I've read and heard.

Can anybody give a breakdown of some of our new pieces we add to next year's team?
    I know we signed the guard from Olive Branch that is hell on wheels. Also don't we have a transfer ?

http://www.espn.com/high-school/girl...344/class/2017

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post
    I know we signed the guard from Olive Branch that is hell on wheels. Also don't we have a transfer ?

http://www.espn.com/high-school/girl...344/class/2017
    http://www.hailstate.com/news/2016/1...ka-garvin.aspx

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/s...erry/96684270/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    I'm with ya, Ref... if there's one thing I can't stand, it's a cocky/entitled fanbase...
    Kinda like gumps

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    Strong post! One of the best ever on this board.
    On the Coast you can throw in LSU also.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    Kinda like gumps
    SarcAsterisks were implied
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Eh, that's where I disagree. If they play decent (for them), we will have to play pretty much flawless basketball to beat them. If they play anything above bad or mediocre for them, we probably don't have a real shot.
    What little I saw of the Oregon game, Oregon was out of the game when they walked on the floor. They had no rotation to their defense which gave Uconn wide open 3s. Sometimes they literally had no one within 10 feet of them. Oregon also was extremely lazy in passing which gave Uconn easy turnovers. I am sure Oregon is a good team but it really looked like Dan against Saban. They were so tight cheeked they couldn't play.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    What little I saw of the Oregon game, Oregon was out of the game when they walked on the floor. They had no rotation to their defense which gave Uconn wide open 3s. Sometimes they literally had no one within 10 feet of them. Oregon also was extremely lazy in passing which gave Uconn easy turnovers. I am sure Oregon is a good team but it really looked like Dan against Saban. They were so tight cheeked they couldn't play.
    I don't disagree with that, I'm not basing my opinion on the Oregon game. They're just so, so tough.

vCash
    The people that beat us by 60 last year are predominantly in the WNBA right now and went 1,2,3 in the draft. They are good and will be favored, but anyone acting like we have no shot hasn't watched UCONN play this year. They have had several close calls this year and some were against teams much worse than us. If Tulane can hang within 3 we are capable of beating them. We will travel well and they will not have a home court advantage either. I tried to tell people yesterday that were talking about how classy their fans were that they were really just a bunch of ass holes.
    4 of UConn's starting 5 are on the All American team that was just announced Monday including 2 on the 1st team. They just beat a good Oregon team in the Elite 8 by 40 and have not lost a game in 2 1/2 years. Our same starting 5 for Friday night was completely annihilated & humiliated by 60 by UConn Just a year ago.

It will take playing a near perfect game for us to have any shot of beating them. They are the most dominant team in the world, including all team sports - men or women. They are that good

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by biggun View Post
    4 of UConn's starting 5 are on the All American team that was just announced Monday including 2 on the 1st team. They just beat a good Oregon team in the Elite 8 by 40 and have not lost a game in 2 1/2 years. Our same starting 5 for Friday night was completely annihilated & humiliated by 60 by UConn Just a year ago.

It will take playing a near perfect game for us to have any shot of beating them. They are the most dominant team in the world, including all team sports - men or women. They are that good
    The team that they are fielding this year is nowhere near the most dominant team in the world. The team that they are fielding this year would lose to the team they fielded last year by 30 points or more. The team that they fielded last year is now in the WNBA for the most part. That has zero to do with their team now. Their dynasty is much more dominant than this team they are fielding (even though this team is still very good). They just beat a 10 seed in the tournament that was riddled with injuries. This year's team is very beatable even if they haven't been beat yet. It's nearly happened multiple times this year by teams that are on our level and by one team that we beat by 20.
    Last edited by Jarius; 03-28-2017 at 02:59 PM.

vCash
    The team that they are fielding this year is nowhere near the most dominant team in the world. The team that they are fielding this year would lose to the team they fielded last year by 30 points or more. The team that they fielded last year is now in the WNBA for the most part. That has zero to do with their team now. Their dynasty is much more dominant than this team they are fielding (even though this team is still very good). They just beat a 10 seed in the tournament that was riddled with injuries. This year's team is very beatable even if they haven't been beat yet. It's nearly happened multiple times this year by teams that are on our level and by one team that we beat by 20.
    No.

Last year's team was better, yes. But come on. This is still easily the best team in the country this year and a dominant team. The fact that they have had all of 3 games decided by single digits does not mean they are a far lesser team.

Yes, they beat Tulane by just 3. As I've already said, that was easily their worst game of the season, they played far worse than in any other game. Their other game against Tulane? They won by 44.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    No.

Last year's team was better, yes. But come on. This is still easily the best team in the country this year and a dominant team. The fact that they have had all of 3 games decided by single digits does not mean they are a far lesser team.

Yes, they beat Tulane by just 3. As I've already said, that was easily their worst game of the season, they played far worse than in any other game. Their other game against Tulane? They won by 44.
    Yes they would. This team they are fielding this year is the most talented in the country, and would get trounced by the team they fielded last year. That's not even a debate.