Thread: UConn dismantling Oregon

vCash

UConn dismantling Oregon

Getting ugly in 1st Q. 3 minutes left and UCOnn up 23-4.

vCash
    Already 8 t/o's by Oregon and it's still 1st q.

vCash
    We've had a great year and I'm extremely proud of our team, but we're gonna get our issue too on Friday. They're too fast, too good of shooters, and too well coached to slip up. Please let me be wrong again

ETA... I think VV could be our wildcard. If she goes off like MW, it could give us a shot.
    Last edited by msstate7; 03-27-2017 at 06:27 PM.

vCash
    The women's game is pretty entertaining. Thank you, VS for giving me an interest in it that I've never had before

vCash
    Compared to us, Oregon is smaller, less athletic, worse on D, and turns it over more. I'm surprised they made it this far. Obviously, some of it is simply UConn making them look bad, but I'm not overly concerned based on what I see tonight. UConn is absolutely the best team in the country, but they aren't as good as they were last year. We've got a chance...

vCash
    It seemed like over half f UConn's shots in the first quarter didn't have a Duck defender within 5-10 feet of them. I don't know if it'll make any difference, but I GUARANTEE you we'll play better, tougher defense than Oregon is.

vCash
    UConn cooled down a bit. 38-21 with 4:30 left in 2nd Q.

UConn with several steals. Looks like all their players are great on D. 25 points off t/o's already. Now 44-21, less than a minute after I started this post.
    Last edited by blacklistedbully; 03-27-2017 at 06:42 PM.

Official Elitedawg Weather Forecaster TheRef's Avatar
    vCash
    Oregon also has about 14 turnovers right now. UConn plays a similar in your face defense that we do.
    B.S. Geosciences, Professional Meteorology Concentration, Operational Emphasis
    c/o 2015
    Mississippi State University
    @Norwoodwx
    Leicester City FC Owner

vCash
    Oregon has made too many dumb mistakes & look slow. They're playing scared, which is what UConn does too teams. We can't play scared. We have a chance if we just play our game & not allow UConn to dictate the type game we play.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    We've had a great year and I'm extremely proud of our team, but we're gonna get our issue too on Friday. They're too fast, too good of shooters, and too well coached to slip up. Please let me be wrong again

ETA... I think VV could be our wildcard. If she goes off like MW, it could give us a shot.
    They don't do much wrong ... pretty much like a well-oiled machine. I don't think we'll show up just totally intimidated like last year though.

vCash
    The women's game is pretty entertaining. Thank you, VS for giving me an interest in it that I've never had before
    msstate 7, I was at the 1st girls game ever and watched them a lot, because they played before the men's game. I think the 1st girls coach was Peggy Collins.
    This UCONN team seems to be very long (a good thing). I think we can take them, if we play with the same intensity that we did yesterday!

vCash
    There are times UConn looks less than dominating...then they go on a tear. IMO, if we get the best from everyone on our team, especially Morgan, VV, T, Dom, Blair, RoJo & Chinwe, we have a chance.

Give our best and we could win. Anything less and we probably get beat, even if UConn is a little off.

vCash
    49-24 at 1/2

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRef View Post
    Oregon also has about 14 turnovers right now. UConn plays a similar in your face defense that we do.
    Interestingly enough, we're 9th in TO margin and UConn is 16th.

Uconn kills you here...

Assist to TO ratio -- 1st: us -- 33rd
    FG % -- 1st: us -- 20th
    Assists -- 1st; us -- 24th
    3-pt shooting % -- 1st; us -- 39th
    FG % def -- 9th; us -- lower than 50th (stops at 50)

vCash
    It'll be a Lot closer than people think. Oregon is a 10 seed for a reason. They suck.
    There's not that much difference in us, SC, and UConn. But, Uconn is better and likely pulls away for about a 15 pt. win.
    We will give them a run for 3 qtrs.

vCash
    We have the size advantage with McCowan though. If she and Chinwe come out and put pressure on UConn offensively and defensively then the rest of our girls have a chance to get loose. If not UConn may be too athletic to hang with.

We may also have an advantage in experience too. I've never watched them but I see that only their starting players score in the first half.
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

vCash
    Dont think we really have a shot unless they play bad but hoping for the best. And I know 0 about womens basketball so take it for what its worth

vCash
    Interestingly enough, we're 9th in TO margin and UConn is 16th.

Uconn kills you here...

Assist to TO ratio -- 1st: us -- 33rd
    FG % -- 1st: us -- 20th
    Assists -- 1st; us -- 24th
    3-pt shooting % -- 1st; us -- 39th
    FG % def -- 9th; us -- lower than 50th (stops at 50)
    Right. I think we may be able to do alright offensively the way we've been playing. The issue is going to be that we rely on disrupting what teams do offensively and creating turnovers. UConn is not likely to be disrupted much or to turn it over. Their offense is so, so good. Almost impossible to slow down for an extended period.

vCash
    I'm watching the uconn game PIP with braves on most the screen. Anyway, every close up I notice (and I could be missing some) of their bench looks like they aren't even enjoying this. It's a shame that they've become so accustomed to success that they can't fully enjoy a win to put them in the final 4

vCash
    They are playing a 10 seed. I would expect a dismantling. So they've played against a 16 seed, a 10 seed, an 8 seed, and a 4 seed. I think we at least have a chance to give them their first real test in this tournament and an outside chance if we play without fear.