Thread: Fun read (UConn's message board game thread of MSU vs Baylor)

vCash

Fun read (UConn's message board game thread of MSU vs Baylor)

I gained respect for UConn fans. Pretty insightful bunch, and have MSU tons of credit after thinking we'd get blown out a team first. Gets good when it gets to OT....

https://the-boneyard.com/threads/bay...thread.109544/

My favorite quote from UConn fan..... "William may not be tall enough to get on rides, but she can ball", or something like that. Ha
    Last edited by CadaverDawg; 03-27-2017 at 11:49 AM.

vCash
    Oh, and if you want to see some sore losers, check out Baylor's board. Insulting William's size big time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    I gained respect for UConn fans. Pretty insightful bunch, and have MSU tons of credit after thinking we'd get blown out a team first. Gets good when it gets to OT....

My favorite quote from UConn fan..... "William may not be tall enough to get on rides, but she can ball", or something like that. Ha
    lololol that's hilarious!!!

vCash
    It's easy to be respectful and happy for other teams when you expect to win every game by a minimum of 20 points.

vCash
    Oh, and if you want to see some sore losers, check out Baylor's board. Insulting William's size big time.
    What those dick sneezes don't realize is they're insulting the person that made their entire team her own personal bitch last night.

vCash
    At least the talk on the message boards are away from the rape charges and cover ups if BU had won
    Last edited by Ari Gold; 03-27-2017 at 02:17 PM.

vCash
    Went through the whole thread. Here are the best posts, IMO:

Finally a traveling call against Baylor!!!

I think Kantner missed a Baylor travel.

There not calling Baylor for ANYTHING!

Wow, the MSU kid got leveled and no call, Baylor kid going to the line when she got breathed on.
    - another poster in reply, "Was just thinking that".
    - and another, "It should be Brown's offense foul ..."

Acting job on that foul - 3 shots!!

No way offensive foul bad call

Miss St is getting hosed here
    - a reply, "Yep"

Mississippi St. is getting jobbed pretty bad by the officiating in this game

Brown just clobbered that girl putting her on the floor
    - another poster response, "But it was the correct call when her teammate tripped over her. Really????"

These refs are something else.

Really too bad they can't find any decent officials for the most important games of the year.

Love Morgan Williams, she's tough. Vic has done a great job with this team.

Call the fouls on Miss. St, but also call them on Baylor.

Over the back...,not a tie up

Over the back on Baylor - but no call

Quick jump ball call?

Ncaa wants Baylor in Dallas for attendance. I will be shocked if State can pull this off but I'm rooting for them.

Shoulda been over the back.

William was tripped.

That's about the 6th actual foul on Wallace.

How is that a foul?

Baylor gets a call nearly every time down now. Come on.

William is unconscious

MORGAN WILLIAM IS ON FIRE !!!!!!
    - Not just on fire. She's burnt to a crisp.

Finally a foul on a shot for Miss St.

Gahhh I am literally biting my nails. This game is great!

I'm pacing like this was a UConn game...lol

Happy for State.....I earned a lot of respect for their coach after we beat the brakes off of them last year.

Shoulda been a carry on msu
    That's OK - they owe them more than a few calls (LOL)

two great games today; that'll be enough of that I hope.

Wow Wow Wow... Never thought I'd see this..

William for MOP!!!!

Love it. MSU deserves this, Vic deserves this.

WOW!

William might not be able to ride the roller coasters at the amusement park but she is a hell of a pg!

And let's remember that before the game, 538 gave MS an 11% chance of winning. That's one time in ten. I guess Baylor wins the next 9 in a row, huh? What crap.

Maybe we'll stop seeing those "Concerned about Baylor" threads on here. A BIG congratulations to Mississippi State and especially Morgan William first and outstanding game!!!!

And other #1 bites the dust!

Congrats to Mississippi State!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wow this interview with MORGAN!
    - in reply, "Right!!!"

Tears

I think Baylor's 41% chance of winning the title just decreased.

Great game! Glad I caught the second half of it! William crying she's so happy / excited!

How's that for some emotion! The tournament at it's best!

Gotta like Morgan William. Good for her.

Interview with Vic Shafer and Morgan is lovely!

Major props to Mississippi State, Schaefer's done an amazing job with this team and was able to right the ship after a late season lapse. 94 points tonight, 75 in the Sweet 16, 92 in the 2nd round and 110 in the first round. Not bad for a team that was supposed to be offensively challenged.
    Side note, the Schaefer/William post game piece is making me tear up.

The best part of the game - the emotion pouring from Morgan William after the game. Her dad would be/is proud of his baby girl.

Vic said he'd be back with this team.

Morgan William's comment about "This one is for my dad" who she lost 3 years ago made this really hit home for me. All these young women in this tournament, no matter the team, deserve our love and respect for the sacrifices they've made just to make the initial draw.
    WCBB. Can't beat it.

Holy Crap... I was out with friends... just walked in the door and was looking to see by how much Baylor beat Mississippi State to see that it was in overtime and Baylor was down by 9! Holy crap!
    Way to go Mississippi State

What a game, what a mighty good game. Morgan Williams was the smallest player on the court, but tonight she played like the biggest player on the court.
    Morgan's father is smiling on her, and he was the sixth man tonight.

Going into the game I was rooting for Baylor since I think they have a better chance to upset Connecticut, but I am so so happy for Mississippi State. Watching Schaefer interact with his players is heartwarming and he has done a heck of a job with a lot of players who weren't highly recruited.

Morgan William. No S on the end of her name.
    - "No, just on her chest."

I told the BY'S I wasn't suppose to jump or move too much, but watching this game I had to get my shout on.

For the posters blaming Kim for the loss....
    As much as I find her antics disagreeable, her wardrobe (in the past) similar to ladies of the night,
    her college's record in human rights deplorable, and her record unconvincing....
    Despite all that: there was no stopping that kid tonight, like Candace Wiggins did to us, these many moons ago.
    No one blamed Geno for that (that I can recall), Wallace had a bad night and Kim ran into the immutable force.
    It happens.

Mississippi State becomes the second SEC team to get to the FF since 2008 and TN's last appearance.

MS State's got some game. Only 4 turnovers in a 45" game - that's impressive.

vCash
    Good on UCONN for keeping it civil and classy.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    They are keeping it classy because they think they got the better draw by playing us instead of Baylor. If we beat them we will see how classy they remain.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    They are keeping it classy because they think they got the better draw by playing us instead of Baylor. If we beat them we will see how classy they remain.
    This. They were rooting for Baylor to lose.

Banned
    vCash
    I'm convinced the refs were paid to give Baylor the advantage due to Dallas.

vCash

Great find, Cadaver! As far as Baylor insulting Williams size, well Baylor can watch her play again this week from the comfort of their own homes lol!

vCash
    Outside the basketball world, she's pretty close to normal female height. Can't understand why they would insult her ... hurt feelings I suppose.

vCash
    My favorite was

She played like Superwoman last night....proud of her, the girls and CVS.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blacklistedbully View Post
    Went through the whole thread. Here are the best posts, IMO:

Finally a traveling call against Baylor!!!

I think Kantner missed a Baylor travel.

There not calling Baylor for ANYTHING!

Wow, the MSU kid got leveled and no call, Baylor kid going to the line when she got breathed on.
    - another poster in reply, "Was just thinking that".
    - and another, "It should be Brown's offense foul ..."

Acting job on that foul - 3 shots!!

No way offensive foul bad call

Miss St is getting hosed here
    - a reply, "Yep"

Mississippi St. is getting jobbed pretty bad by the officiating in this game

Brown just clobbered that girl putting her on the floor
    - another poster response, "But it was the correct call when her teammate tripped over her. Really????"

These refs are something else.

Really too bad they can't find any decent officials for the most important games of the year.

Love Morgan Williams, she's tough. Vic has done a great job with this team.

Call the fouls on Miss. St, but also call them on Baylor.

Over the back...,not a tie up

Over the back on Baylor - but no call

Quick jump ball call?

Ncaa wants Baylor in Dallas for attendance. I will be shocked if State can pull this off but I'm rooting for them.

Shoulda been over the back.

William was tripped.

That's about the 6th actual foul on Wallace.

How is that a foul?

Baylor gets a call nearly every time down now. Come on.

William is unconscious

MORGAN WILLIAM IS ON FIRE !!!!!!
    - Not just on fire. She's burnt to a crisp.

Finally a foul on a shot for Miss St.

Gahhh I am literally biting my nails. This game is great!

I'm pacing like this was a UConn game...lol

Happy for State.....I earned a lot of respect for their coach after we beat the brakes off of them last year.

Shoulda been a carry on msu
    That's OK - they owe them more than a few calls (LOL)

two great games today; that'll be enough of that I hope.

Wow Wow Wow... Never thought I'd see this..

William for MOP!!!!

Love it. MSU deserves this, Vic deserves this.

WOW!

William might not be able to ride the roller coasters at the amusement park but she is a hell of a pg!

And let's remember that before the game, 538 gave MS an 11% chance of winning. That's one time in ten. I guess Baylor wins the next 9 in a row, huh? What crap.

Maybe we'll stop seeing those "Concerned about Baylor" threads on here. A BIG congratulations to Mississippi State and especially Morgan William first and outstanding game!!!!

And other #1 bites the dust!

Congrats to Mississippi State!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wow this interview with MORGAN!
    - in reply, "Right!!!"

Tears

I think Baylor's 41% chance of winning the title just decreased.

Great game! Glad I caught the second half of it! William crying she's so happy / excited!

How's that for some emotion! The tournament at it's best!

Gotta like Morgan William. Good for her.

Interview with Vic Shafer and Morgan is lovely!

Major props to Mississippi State, Schaefer's done an amazing job with this team and was able to right the ship after a late season lapse. 94 points tonight, 75 in the Sweet 16, 92 in the 2nd round and 110 in the first round. Not bad for a team that was supposed to be offensively challenged.
    Side note, the Schaefer/William post game piece is making me tear up.

The best part of the game - the emotion pouring from Morgan William after the game. Her dad would be/is proud of his baby girl.

Vic said he'd be back with this team.

Morgan William's comment about "This one is for my dad" who she lost 3 years ago made this really hit home for me. All these young women in this tournament, no matter the team, deserve our love and respect for the sacrifices they've made just to make the initial draw.
    WCBB. Can't beat it.

Holy Crap... I was out with friends... just walked in the door and was looking to see by how much Baylor beat Mississippi State to see that it was in overtime and Baylor was down by 9! Holy crap!
    Way to go Mississippi State

What a game, what a mighty good game. Morgan Williams was the smallest player on the court, but tonight she played like the biggest player on the court.
    Morgan's father is smiling on her, and he was the sixth man tonight.

Going into the game I was rooting for Baylor since I think they have a better chance to upset Connecticut, but I am so so happy for Mississippi State. Watching Schaefer interact with his players is heartwarming and he has done a heck of a job with a lot of players who weren't highly recruited.

I told the BY'S I wasn't suppose to jump or move too much, but watching this game I had to get my shout on.

For the posters blaming Kim for the loss....
    As much as I find her antics disagreeable, her wardrobe (in the past) similar to ladies of the night,
    her college's record in human rights deplorable, and her record unconvincing....
    Despite all that: there was no stopping that kid tonight, like Candace Wiggins did to us, these many moons ago.
    No one blamed Geno for that (that I can recall), Wallace had a bad night and Kim ran into the immutable force.
    It happens.

Mississippi State becomes the second SEC team to get to the FF since 2008 and TN's last appearance.

MS State's got some game. Only 4 turnovers in a 45" game - that's impressive.
    looks about like our posts during the game.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    My buddy said the same thing last night. That is awesome!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    Outside the basketball world, she's pretty close to normal female height. Can't understand why they would insult her ... hurt feelings I suppose.
    She just proved that height doesn't mean shit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepy dawg View Post
    looks about like our posts during the game.
    Confirmation we weren't being biased in our view.