Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How does Mo William's game stack as all time best by a bulldog

Senior Member maroonwhitedawg3ddd's Avatar
    vCash
    Best I've ever witnessed in all my years of watching Bulldog Athletics!! Absolute Clutch putting your team on your BACK type performance!!

vCash
    As some have said, Dontae vs UK in SEC tourney and while not basketball, Dak's performance against LSU in '14 where he basically willed the Bulldogs to victory is the only other game or performance that comes to mind.

Absolutely awesome job, Morgan William. Have always loved your heart and fight, but last night definitely sealed your place in Bulldog lore. Again, outstanding job!!!

vCash
    I still say it's Dontae Jones in the 96 SEC Championship game. His stat line wasn't as good and he had a little more help, but he was the catalyst for the ridiculous run we had in the second half, and it was against what many consider to be the greatest college basketball team of all time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Dawg View Post
    I think she is from Birmingham. that doesn't make her a bama or a barner
    She was told by several coaches that she was too small for SEC play, don't know if it was Bama or Au, but its not the first time coaches have made mistakes in recruiting, including ours over the years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WSOPdawg View Post
    As some have said, Dontae vs UK in SEC tourney and while not basketball, Dak's performance against LSU in '14 where he basically willed the Bulldogs to victory is the only other game or performance that comes to mind.

Absolutely awesome job, Morgan William. Have always loved your heart and fight, but last night definitely sealed your place in Bulldog lore. Again, outstanding job!!!
    Those were the only two that came that to me as well

vCash
    So yesterday AFTERNOON around 3:30, if we were told that we'd have one of our guards go off for 41 points and nail 6 treys, 100% of us would be thinking it was Victoria. Coming on the heels of McCowan's performance on Friday night, all I can say is I love the talent on this team.

Helluva a game, Morgan! Arguably the best in MSU sports history given that it came at the right time fighting for a championship.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shannondawg View Post
    She was told by several coaches that she was too small for SEC play, don't know if it was Bama or Au, but its not the first time coaches have made mistakes in recruiting, including ours over the years.
    I think UT did too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    I still say it's Dontae Jones in the 96 SEC Championship game. His stat line wasn't as good and he had a little more help, but he was the catalyst for the ridiculous run we had in the second half, and it was against what many consider to be the greatest college basketball team of all time.
    That was a great performance against a great team for a championship.

vCash

While Dak was great in that game ... the stakes weren't near as high as last night.

Banned
    vCash

The biggest difference is the stakes weren't nearly as high in those games. The LSU football game was special because we hadn't beaten them in so long, but it was just a regular season game at the end of the day. Also, that LSU team wasn't very good. And in the SEC Tourney, both teams had already locked up an at-large bid (and UK had already locked up a 1-seed), so it was pretty much just playing for a conference tourney banner and bragging rights.

vCash
    Two other performances (both defensive performances) I thought were stellar by MSU players. Darryl Williams and Marcus Bullard shutting down Ray Allen and the Shephard kid from UConn in Sweet 16. And in a losing effort ... Winsome Frazier (at about 80% to maybe 90% recovered from ankle break) shutting down JJ Redick and holding him to 11 points in NCAA 2nd Round.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    While Dak was great in that game ... the stakes weren't near as high as last night.
    Agree in that it wasn't on a playoff or tourney stage, but it was uber important for our football team given our history of ineptitude against LSU (in Baton Rouge no less). But again, Morgan doing what she did last night is without a doubt the single best individual single-game performance to lead the good guys (or gals) to a victory that I have witnessed. So proud of them all!!!

Hail State and here's to two more wins on the season.

vCash
    Thought of this game but ... 41 pts, 7 assists, 0 turnovers and 1 block as a 5'5" PG and playing all 40 minutes. Pretty darn impressive.

Being actually more like 5'2" makes it that more impressive.

vCash
    Now UCONN has to worry about MO. We have a height advantage over UCONN that we didn't have over Baylor. If Victoria can pump in about the same 24 we should be able to hang with the Huskies. But I would most definitely turn Itty Bitty loose to fire away. I can just hope for fair officiating something that was not present at the game yesterday. A tool job by the Refs and we won't have a chance.

vCash
    Shit that's one of the best performances in the NCAA men's or women's tourney ever ..

vCash
    http://www.espn.com/womens-college-b...t-performances

Espn ranks her performance as 3rd best all time in the women's tournament.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post
    I think 41 points, 7 assists and zero turnovers in an elete 8 is the best ever by a bulldog.
    Not to be Johnny Raincloud but she did have a turnover. I don't know who they charged it to on the stat sheet though because it does show her with zero. But, she did have a double-dribble in the second half.

vCash
    Two other performances (both defensive performances) I thought were stellar by MSU players. Darryl Williams and Marcus Bullard shutting down Ray Allen and the Shephard kid from UConn in Sweet 16. And in a losing effort ... Winsome Frazier (at about 80% to maybe 90% recovered from ankle break) shutting down JJ Redick and holding him to 11 points in NCAA 2nd Round.
    Darryl Wilson