Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Alright, ladies, you said all year you wanted UConn.

Senior Member Intramural All-American's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    I am a boot wearing feminist type, but that doesn't stop me from concluding that UConn would lose to every D1 men's basketball team. Only 7 women's players have ever dunked in the history of NCAA basketball (and none of them are on UConn's team right now). There's more than 7 dunkers on most men's basketball teams.

Yeah, UConn could force some turnovers, and the men's team could just play like uninspired shit, but I see no reason why they couldn't get the dunk in on 75% of their possessions. That's 1.5 PPP - way more than any basketball team of any gender averages.

It's not important though - it doesn't take away from what UConn has accomplished, or what we've accomplished, or what we will accomplish if we win Friday, just like it doesn't take anything away from Alabama that the Browns would roll them by 30 points or more.
    Exactly, it takes nothing away from UCONN because they are the greatest sports dynasty ever. However, men and women are not a level playing field when it comes to basketball. We were the 12th best SEC team yet all of our starters other than PG would be bigger than UCONNs biggest player. They couldn't guard us, and we could legitimately full court press and get a turnover 90% of the time just due to shear size and athleticism. It's just not comparable.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I_Spy View Post
    They said the same thing about softball when Monica Abbot struck out major league hitters...easily

But the hitters were like...yeah she's tough

For those who don't keep, a few softball players married to major league guys and it's known they can pitch...you know what I'm saying
    If Abbot is pitching overhand with a baseball she gets her shit rocked before she can get out the 1st inning. She'd give up 50 runs to MLB hitters

vCash
    UConn is a sports dynasty. One of the premier ones of all time. I'm somewhat afeered to say what I'm fixin to cause I don't want to jinx our gals.

Our gals can play. They had to beat Baylor (in essentially a home game for Baylor) and the refs the other night and I almost never say that. Most of the time calls kinda even out (except when Bammer is playing football or Duke is playing bball). Baylor's Big traveled so many times down low on her pump fakes and moves to score it was somewhat ridiculous. It was almost like NBA traveling rules. And that is only one aspect of the bad calls I thought we got. The no call on the over the back at the end I thought was gonna be the back breaker for us ... but then our gals stole the in bounds pass.

I haven't watched UConn. Wanted to Monday night but had another commitment and forgot to record it. But I tend to believe that if we play loose and relaxed like the other night, play extreme D like the other night, and don't let the Final Four moment become too much for them mentally, we have a fighting chance in this one. I believe we can keep it close and may could have a shot at the end.

But then again ... I haven't watched UConn. If I did I could possibly go "Wow, and I thought our gals were pretty good!"

No matter what happens tho ... I'm proud of them and Vic has done a helluva job.
    Last edited by dawgday166; 03-29-2017 at 04:43 AM.

vCash
    Pretty much every women's team in the country now, and absolutely all of the top teams, practices against male students at the school who are not on basketball scholarship. These are guys that played in HS but weren't good enough to get a college scholarship to play. Why? Because they offer better competition than the other girls on the team.

So a team of non-scholarship guys who played in HS can beat UConn. Therefore, our men's team and everyone else's would completely and utterly destroy them. It's not a discussion.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    If Abbot is pitching overhand with a baseball she gets her shit rocked before she can get out the 1st inning. She'd give up 50 runs to MLB hitters
    Bravo Person, Bravo!

vCash
    Just for the record I think the egg came first.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    Pretty much every women's team in the country now, and absolutely all of the top teams, practices against male students at the school who are not on basketball scholarship. These are guys that played in HS but weren't good enough to get a college scholarship to play. Why? Because they offer better competition than the other girls on the team.

So a team of non-scholarship guys who played in HS can beat UConn. Therefore, our men's team and everyone else's would completely and utterly destroy them. It's not a discussion.
    I'd like to see the game.

I wouldn't say UConn would beat any of the NCAAM top 50. I'd be interested to see how they'd do against some of the poorer teams. It is hard to see how a team with two decent post players could be beat by any women's team. But a team with only one good post player may well find its hands full.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkernhelldawg View Post
    I'd like to see the game.

I wouldn't say UConn would beat any of the NCAAM top 50. I'd be interested to see how they'd do against some of the poorer teams. It is hard to see how a team with two decent post players could be beat by any women's team. But a team with only one good post player may well find its hands full.
    The poorer D1 teams? UConn would get destroyed. They practice against male students...because they offer more competition than themselves.

vCash
    I want to start by saying that I am a longtime Uconn fan. I have several comments that I would like to share. Firstly, MSU has always been my favorite SEC school and I love the fans on the MSU site, you are able to converse in a civil manner and speak logically. This is not the case on another SEC site I often read, where fans are unrealistic, bitter and delusional (strictly my opinion), so I love coming here to see an outside perspective. As far as the discussion about UConn beating a men's team - "NO." None. Never. Geno himself has stated that anyone that says that does not understand the game. He claimed that the guys would win by, "As many as they wanted to." I believe it was Geno who claimed the girls wouldn't score at all. To put it in perspective, a few years ago Uconn's mens team had two guards who were 6'5," which is bigger than any of the current Uconn front line. It is true that Uconn practices with basically an intramural team of men who regularly beat the girls. A decent boy's high school team would beat Uconn's women's team every time. But, that should not take away just how impressive the Uconn team is from a shear clinical basketball standpoint, and what they have accomplished in recent memory. As far as Friday's game, I am seriously nervous as you guys looked great against Baylor, or maybe I was just rooting so hard for your team. I hope that it is a great game (although I obviously have a serious preference about who prevails), and want to congratulate you on this year's accomplishment regardless of who wins. While I never ever, ever.... like never.... want Uconn to lose - but if they do - I could live with it being MSU that did it. Good Luck Friday!
    Last edited by ncteacher; 03-29-2017 at 09:35 PM.

vCash

A true voice of reason here has spoken.....any on earth who claims Uconn women

[QUOTE=ncteacher;725933]I want to start by saying that I am a longtime Uconn fan. I have several comments that I would like to share. Firstly, MSU has always been my favorite SEC school and I love the fans on the MSU site, you are able to converse in a civil manner and speak logically. This is not the case on another SEC site I often read, where fans are unrealistic, bitter and delusional (strictly my opinion), so I love coming here to see an outside perspective. As far as the discussion about UConn beating a men's team - "NO." None. Never. Geno himself has stated that anyone that says that does not understand the game. He claimed that the guys would win by, "As many as they wanted to." I believe it was Geno who claimed the girls wouldn't score at all. To put it in perspective, a few years ago Uconn's mens team had two guards who were 6'5," which is bigger than any of the current Uconn front line. It is true that Uconn practices with basically an intramural team of men who regularly beat the girls. A decent boy's high school team would beat Uconn's women's team every time. But, that should not take away just how impressive the Uconn team is from a shear clinical basketball standpoint, and what they have accomplished in recent memory. As far as Friday's game, I am seriously nervous as you guys looked great against Baylor, or maybe I was just rooting so hard for your team. I hope that it is a great game (although I obviously have a serious preference about who prevails), and want to congratulate you on this year's accomplishment regardless of who wins. While I never ever, ever.... like never.... want Uconn to lose - but if they do - I could live with it being MSU that did it.

Could compete with a men's team is as big of an idiot who states Bama football could win against an NFL team even a shitty one.

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    I haven't read the whole thread, but has anyone mentioned that our lady bulldogs practice against guys in practice scrimmages? Scheafer talked about it on his interview on Out of Bounds.

vCash
    Bumpity, bump, bump

vCash
    They kicked that butt!!!!!
    HAIL STATE!!!!!!

vCash
    Just like I ****ing said . You want to play Uconn. Will be remembered for decades. Now finish the job Sunday. And become Legands.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Just like I ****ing said . You want to play Uconn. Will be remembered for decades. Now finish the job Sunday. And become Legands.
    And just like I said, if we know we'll win, I want it to be over UConn haha.

Just messing with you. I didn't think we could do it because I suck. Truly a win for the ages.