Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Alright, ladies, you said all year you wanted UConn.

Senior Member Intramural All-American's Avatar
    vCash
    You don't hang banners for beating UCONN. You don't get listed as a champion for beating UConn. Winning a championship is much more important and long standing than ending a streak. Winning a championship would be much more valuable for long term success than beating uconn.

Senior Member Intramural All-American's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reason2succeed View Post
    The question is if our men's team could beat UConn? I'm not sure.
    Every men's bball team in division one would kill UConn. It's apples and oranges.

vCash
    Eventually sombody will beat UConn. Nobody goes undefeated forever. It might as well be us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reason2succeed View Post
    The question is if our men's team could beat UConn? I'm not sure.
    We would literally just pass it to Herard every possession and have him dunk it in. The only way they could hang is Katie Lou hit 40 3s or something.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    We would literally just pass it to Herard every possession and have him dunk it in. The only way they could hang is Katie Lou hit 40 3s or something.
    Did you watch Herard try to dunk this season? That would never work.

vCash
    Full court press

No stupid fouls

protect the ball

good shot selection

hit threes

stay up after mistakes (one play at a time)

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DawgRockur View Post
    Did you watch Herard try to dunk this season? That would never work.
    UCONN women would beat our men's team in horse all day, everyday. That's without question. The women would probably steal passes and run back layups like north M

Katie Lou is 43.7 3 pt percentage

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I_Spy View Post
    UCONN women would beat our men's team in horse all day, everyday. That's without question. The women would probably steal passes and run back layups like north M

Katie Lou is 43.7 3 pt percentage
    Are they using the men's size ball or women's? That would make a huge difference either way.
    LFC YNWA

Banned
    vCash
    State women have to protect ball and prevent turnovers and cover everybody and watch the circling to the top of the key bc it's always wide open.

Which that shot is always open in every game I watch.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mstatefan91 View Post
    Are they using the men's size ball or women's? That would make a huge difference either way.
    They said the same thing about softball when Monica Abbot struck out major league hitters...easily

But the hitters were like...yeah she's tough

For those who don't keep, a few softball players married to major league guys and it's known they can pitch...you know what I'm saying
    Last edited by I_Spy; 03-28-2017 at 02:05 PM.

vCash
    They said the same thing about softball when Monica Abbot struck out major league hitters...easily

It's not a question that any men's D1 (or probably D2 or D3) basketball team would beat even UConn.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Intramural All-American View Post
    You don't hang banners for beating UCONN. You don't get listed as a champion for beating UConn. Winning a championship is much more important and long standing than ending a streak. Winning a championship would be much more valuable for long term success than beating uconn.
    Fortunately, in this scenario we have the opportunity to do both.

vCash

For those who don't keep, a few softball players married to major league guys and it's known they can pitch...you know what I'm saying
    Ok? That's still not the same thing as basketball. Speed, length, jumping, shooting, body control...

Bit different than pitching
    LFC YNWA

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    It's not a question that any men's D1 (or probably D2 or D3) basketball team would beat even UConn.
    Just like it isn't a question that even the lowly Cleveland Browns could beat any college football team.. Can't be compared. The athletes are at a different level.
    LFC YNWA

vCash
    Gosh y'all need these *** on every post. I would think there would be times when the sarcasm speaks for itself.
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

Banned
    vCash
    Now I'm not saying in basketball the best girls could beat the best guys, I understand that. But the best girls can beat a lot of men. I'm not a boot wearing feminist type.

vCash
    But the best girls can beat a lot of men.
    Haha, no they couldn't. Our men's team would pretty much name the score against Uconn.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Dawg View Post
    the men's team should be in Dallas Friday, routing for the Girls. And maybe they can pick up a few pointers on how a "TEAM" plays
    Our Men's team will be in Dallas this weekend to ROOT for our WOMEN (not girls)?? That would be great but I haven't heard anything about that.

vCash
    Now I'm not saying in basketball the best girls could beat the best guys, I understand that. But the best girls can beat a lot of men. I'm not a boot wearing feminist type.
    I am a boot wearing feminist type, but that doesn't stop me from concluding that UConn would lose to every D1 men's basketball team. Only 7 women's players have ever dunked in the history of NCAA basketball (and none of them are on UConn's team right now). There's more than 7 dunkers on most men's basketball teams.

Yeah, UConn could force some turnovers, and the men's team could just play like uninspired shit, but I see no reason why they couldn't get the dunk in on 75% of their possessions. That's 1.5 PPP - way more than any basketball team of any gender averages.

It's not important though - it doesn't take away from what UConn has accomplished, or what we've accomplished, or what we will accomplish if we win Friday, just like it doesn't take anything away from Alabama that the Browns would roll them by 30 points or more.
    Last edited by Quaoarsking; 03-28-2017 at 07:48 PM.

vCash
    Years ago, they had a game between all star college players and a pro team. It kicked off the season.