Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Finance guys, help me understand this graph...

vCash

Finance guys, help me understand this graph...

I don't know much about the Troubled Asset Ratio, but I do know that Hugh Freeze has been seen visiting the Bank of Winona on countless occasions over the past couple of years. I also know that the Boone's have a strong connection to the Bank of Winona. I also know that Pete Boone stepped down in 2011 as the OM AD, and Hugh Freeze was hired in 2011 as the OM head football coach. This all seems weird for a locally owned bank, in a town of 5000 people. Hey Hugh, what's your business there?

Now I'm no banker, but I can recognize an anomaly when I see it. Note the timing of the anomalies. Something smells fishy here. Finance guys, break down this chart for me, and put into layman terms what it means. Also, is it odd that the anomalies trend in the opposite direction as the national median?

vCash
    It's weird no doubt, but it's a small bank. So, it's going to be more volatile because it's likely much more concentrated in its portfolio than larger banks. The bank seems to be in good shape now, but from Q4 2011 to Q1 2014, it was on the verge of collapse! How it got to that state would be tough to determine unless you delved into its financials during that time frame, and I'm tired and have had too much whiskey to take on that task

Archimedes
    vCash
    What you really need to see is what the capital did at the sharp turn downward. I think dd34 is pointing in another direction than what you are thinking about Tripp.

Small bank not in Oxford in some trouble might could use some infusion of capital to lower your trouble asset ratio. This capital could be (holding accounts) for the network.

Just a thought.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripp McNeely View Post
    It's weird no doubt, but it's a small bank. So, it's going to be more volatile because it's likely much more concentrated in its portfolio than larger banks. The bank seems to be in good shape now, but from Q4 2011 to Q1 2014, it was on the verge of collapse! How it got to that state would be tough to determine unless you delved into its financials during that time frame, and I'm tired and have had too much whiskey to take on that task
    So why was Freeze seen visiting the bank regularly from 2014-2016. Small bank in Winona, on the verge of collapse, and one of the highest paid state employees (Freeze) is seen doing business there, without any previous connections? The Vice President of the bank, Alan Boone, became a licensed mortgage broker in 2011, what exactly does a mortgage broker do?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WinningIsRelentless View Post
    What you really need to see is what the capital did at the sharp turn downward. I think dd34 is pointing in another direction than what you are thinking about Tripp.

Small bank not in Oxford in some trouble might could use some infusion of capital to lower your trouble asset ratio. This capital could be (holding accounts) for the network.

Just a thought.
    That is a thought, and an interesting one.

Archimedes
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviousDawg34 View Post
    Your 14-16 dates would line up with this thought.

vCash
    Jesus- Trent Lott is going to have the FBI investigating Elite after this post

Archimedes
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster View Post
    Why, it isn't anything illegal about it if they were doing that.

Unless he got his mortgage license to help with the networks playbook to provide houses using the extra capital the network placed in the bank to prove sufficient funds on the mortgage app.

You know its about like the act deal the Feds could careless unless it was used to defraud the federal government or its agencies. (Pell grants and Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac)

vCash
    So why was Freeze seen visiting the bank regularly from 2014-2016. Small bank in Winona, on the verge of collapse, and one of the highest paid state employees (Freeze) is seen doing business there, without any previous connections? The Vice President of the bank, Alan Boone, became a licensed mortgage broker in 2011, what exactly does a mortgage broker do?
    I love where your head is, and not trying to contradict anything you're saying...your key would be how the balance sheet changed from Q1 2014 to present...what does that look like? Is this bank public? Are their financials out there?
    Last edited by Tripp McNeely; 03-21-2017 at 10:33 PM.

vCash
    Welcome to the new world order where conspiracies are developed from a single graph.

vCash
    Bank of Winona is a well capitalized bank and the ratios you are showing are not overly unusually for a small town bank over the period. Alink to their financial information: https://cdr.ffiec.gov/public/Reports...&supplemental=

None of this explains anything about Freeze banking there, but I don't understand what seems so suspicious.... this is, unless you know something you are not saying....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripp McNeely View Post
    I love where your head is, and not trying to contradict anything you're saying...your key would be how the balance sheet changed from Q1 2014 to present...what does that look like? Is this bank public? Are their financials out there?
    Yes, it's all public record. I have no clue what any of it means though. I only stated what I know, and pointed out anomalies. It's a nice little bank, serving the Montgomery and Carroll County communities since 1885, that's impressive. I'm all for small town banks serving the community, that's how Mississippi has worked for most of it's history.

There are other interesting graphics. This one shows another anomaly in 2013 through the Texas Ratio, which "compares the amount of loans at risk and the amount of owned real estate with the amount a bank has on hand to cover any losses." The closer the Texas Ratio is to 100% and over, the less capital and reserves a bank has to absorb its loan losses. Like I said, I'm no banker, but I can recognize an anomaly. If only there was some reason to dish out the dough in 2013. idk. They did experience a hell of a rebound in 2014 though.

vCash
    I'm no banker, but it seems like we're grasping at thin air here. Some data spikes that could be due to any number of things according to the banking people. The only evidence we have tie this to OM is that Freeze has been seen doing business there, and a former ON AD has connections there.

venit, vidimus, amisimus

vCash
    I would look more at Hammond than Boone in this scenario with Bank of Winona... it's in my hometown and the Hammonds had an "adopted" son play for Freeze at OM ("Chief" Brown). And yes smaller town bank but a ton of money flowing thru it, no competition like the big cities and tons of farmers... so not a crazy thought but maybe more in upper management connections to Freeze than u would think, yet noone would expect anything from this "tiny" bank...

vCash
    Only thing I got is that maybe Pete Boone set him up there through his "connections." One of those "Hey Hugh, my buddy owns a bank. Why don't you do business with him" sorts of things.

venit, vidimus, amisimus

vCash
    It is not a very large bank. Ratios can swing wildly if the risk is concentrated. I would think that's the case at a smaller bank servicing a small geographic area. Unless you had personal knowledge of a certain circumstance at the bank, it's going to be hard to make much from this data by itself. You are looking at a small bank subject to concentration risk vs national average that is smoothed out. It's like comparing a single stock price with no other info to the Dow.

vCash
    Pete Boone is not related to the Boone's of Winona, although they are die hard bear fans.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster View Post
    At the least, it would confirm if you and DD34 are one in the same.***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WinningIsRelentless View Post
    Why, it isn't anything illegal about it if they were doing that.

Unless he got his mortgage license to help with the networks playbook to provide houses using the extra capital the network placed in the bank to prove sufficient funds on the mortgage app.

You know its about like the act deal the Feds could careless unless it was used to defraud the federal government or its agencies. (Pell grants and Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac)
    You left off STUDENT LOANS.......

Archimedes
    vCash
    They had a large sum (to this bank) of deposits removed between 12/31/12 to 12/31/13.