Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Welp. Looks like more bad baseball news on the horizon...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stalkingpoon View Post
    These guys contributed big time last season so it's not like they are shitty players.
    I do not know the full situation, but being good not give any player the right to have a poor attitude and break team rules.

Recipe for multi-year disaster.
    LFC YNWA

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I seen it dawg View Post
    He's got as much of a dick
    Thank you.
    Last edited by smootness; 03-21-2017 at 10:10 AM.

vCash

You guys do realize we created this problem ourselves right?

Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I think it's more a situation where he was going to be with Cohen whom he was comfortable with and then all of a sudden Cohen becomes AD and now he's with a head coach who doesn't really know him. Even worse, I think UK fired Henderson unfairly to be honest with you. It's a chemistry issue more than anything.

It's like Dan and Torbush.
    We were the ones who decided to pull our defending SEC champion baseball coach from the field and put him in an office. We did this to ourselves.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Guys some of y'all are taking this and letting your imagination and frustration get the best of you. Cann has total control, and he's making sure that guys are following team rules...especially while they're getting their asses whipped on the field. If you're disobeying normal baseball team rules while sucking on the field, you deserve that shit.

As for the players, I'm hearing Cyr is gone due to team rules violations. I won't expand, but apparently he's a good kid just made too many small strikes against team rules. Nothing HUGE, but a lot of small screw ups...too many to keep getting a pass.

I am hearing Mangum will be suspended for team rules violation. Nothing season ending or anything, just college kid doing something stupid, and getting punished. Don't overreact, I doubt it will be for many games or anything.

Yall quit acting like the program is falling apart...there's a lot of Fake News in this thread. A LOT. Not going to be some 3+ year rebuild. Don't believe everything you read. Cann is doing his job. Players that dislike him are the ones screwing up for the most part. PC is a different story but we all know that may change after this season. Relax. This is the furthest thing from inmates running the asylum...the FURTHEST thing from that. We're fine, Cann just isn't taking that shit especially while we're getting our teeth kicked in.
    Canny was also like Cohen because he gave 110% effort as a player and now as a coach. He maximized his ability and sometimes those type people don't accept people half assing anything. If he gets a team that all give max effort then we will be Hell on Wheels with the talent level they hopefully bring in. That is how Saban and Belichek are so good. Saban gets the best talent but you don't see any of them half ass ever or Saban might literally kill them on the sideline. That includes his coaching staff. Belichek gets guys who live and breath football because he does. He puts in 80 hours or more a week in football season. You can't do that for very long unless you love it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BankerDog View Post
    Well, ya see...
    What is that supposed to mean?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WeWonItAll(Most) View Post
    What is that supposed to mean?
    He was saying it ain't gonna be Cyr, since he's gone

vCash

Yall quit acting like the program is falling apart...there's a lot of Fake News in this thread. A LOT. Not going to be some 3+ year rebuild. Don't believe everything you read. Cann is doing his job. Players that dislike him are the ones screwing up for the most part. PC is a different story but we all know that may change after this season. Relax. This is the furthest thing from inmates running the asylum...the FURTHEST thing from that. We're fine, Cann just isn't taking that shit especially while we're getting our teeth kicked in.
    I agree, the program isn't falling apart, & we need to be patient, but we're about 3 years away from competing to go to Omaha. Maybe 2 but 3 seems more reasonable. You disagree with that?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stalkingpoon View Post
    These guys contributed big time last season so it's not like they are shitty players.
    The guys that played well last year for the most part are playing well this year (Rooker, Mangum, Gridley, Pilk). Cyr did well in midweek games last year but has looked bad for the most part this year when pitching against better teams so we will certainly survive losing him. Besides Pilk and Cyr, most of the other pitchers are all new. The other returning pitchers are all out with injuries.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tireddawg View Post
    I agree, the program isn't falling apart, & we need to be patient, but we're about 3 years away from competing to go to Omaha. Maybe 2 but 3 seems more reasonable. You disagree with that?
    Depends on the TJ arms and recruiting class imo. If we can't rely on any TJ guys next year and/or the draft shreds a great recruiting class, then yea. But if we get guys like Small, Padgett, Ford, James, etc back to 100% and get most of our recruits on campus...we could compete next year.

The one thing we have going for us is this season is forcing guys to grow up quick. Adding an experienced Barton, Self, McQuary, Plumlee, Ashcraft, Barlow, etc to guys like James, Small, Padgett, Ford, etc and any returning veterans, could lead to one of the deepest and most talented staffs in the country the next 2 years. We just need the hitters to grow up and get better, and our immediate impact recruits to make it to campus. I could see it going both ways depending on those results.

vCash
    He was saying it ain't gonna be Cyr, since he's gone
    Yea if I would have finished the thread before asking I would have known..ha

vCash
    You mean there's more to coaching baseball than throwing BP, hittin fungo, and making out a line-up?!?!?
    Damn...coulda fooled me

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgs View Post
    ****ing coastal Carolina has a national title and we are 3 ******* years away from maybe sneaking into a regional again. Think about that. Fresno ****ing st has a natty and we can't piece together more than maybe 1 contender every 3-4 years then have to go thru a full rebuild. It's pathetic, there's no excuses for being where we are now with our resources, fan support, and history, especially being so ****ing close to a title in 2013, took 3 years to rebuild a contender and we ****ed up in the regionals, and now we are looking at a 3 year rebuild to maybe make a regional. Terrible.
    Apparently we are 3-4 year rebuild after hiring any coach in any sport no matter the situation they come into.

Banned
    vCash
    Can Gordon try pitching cause he sure as shit can't hit

vCash
    I think some of you are going to be surprised how much better we are next year. Give Cannizaro an offseason with these guys. It's tough on the coach and players when the coach has such a different offensive philosophy from Cohen because he only got a handful of practices with them in the fall. I firmly believe we will be much better next year. Guys like Poole, Blaylock, Skelton, Gordon, Bragg, Stovall, possibly Mangum, Alexander all have talent. I expect them all to improve in the offseason. Think about the difference in 2015 to 2016. All we added was Lowe, Kruger, and Mangum. Guys like Hump, Rooker, Robson, Gridley, Collins, Hudson, Sexton, and others got much better after a year of experience. Some of you need to calm down with the three year rebuild.

vCash
    We're at least 2 years from being decent. We don't have the stud arms right now and we will lose our best position players. Throw in the fact we can't play at home a lot next year and the fact we'll be breaking in some new guys and all of a sudden, it's complete rebuild mode. We're in complete rebuild mode. When we talk about disciplining kids and changing asst. coaches.....rebuild.

vCash
    You do not have to love your coach but you do have to respect him while playing for him. Then you can love him after having played for him.

I should have majored in.....................something!

vCash
    We will definitely be back hosting a regional next season. In addition, with a couple of breaks (Lord knows we are due quite a few) we will also have a shot at hosting a super next year as well.

Most of you currently bitching about Cann were also the same idiots predicting gloom and doom before last season while also wanting Cohen fired.

Get a life. Seriously.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I seen it dawg View Post
    He's as much of a dick as you are clueless. Which is a lot

ETA..Actually I may have used the wrong gender
    Damn I seen it, you on a roll today.

vCash
    A coach is a captain and he can't have a mutiny or he lose's his ship. Discipline is absolutely necessary.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by biggun View Post
    We will definitely be back hosting a regional next season.
    I'll take that bet. This isn't MLB free agency and we don't have Epstein willing to spend $200 mill on new players. We have suffered the wrath of the worst serial arm killer in baseball history and we can't hit for shit. We will struggle to even go 6-24 in the SEC this year. We'd have to have a historical increase in play next year to host a regional. Not happening. Oh and Cann has no clue how to manage a pitching staff. This has now become a multiyear rebuild.