Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Welp. Looks like more bad baseball news on the horizon...

vCash
    Im disgusted with where our program is at. And Cohen should be ashamed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    There's 3 stars (pilk, mangum, and jake). If one of those 3 is suspended, this could be an all time bad season
    You mean and Rooker? "One of our star players" does narrow it down pretty quickly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WSOPdawg View Post
    Uh, that's only 2 stars that you listed. But then I see the name I was guessing.
    Haha... jake is 2 stars by himself** I meant rooker

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Im disgusted with where our program is at. And Cohen should be ashamed.
    No kidding. He should give Cann a raise just for having to deal with this shitburger.

If anyone says it Cann- there's no way. Skip Bertman couldn't win with this situation. This year should be a mulligan for Cann. If it's year three and there is no improvement then yeah. But not now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BankerDog View Post
    Henderson isn't happy having to coach under a 1st year coach. Players don't like him. Cann is establishing discipline on the team. If you saw how most of these guys act after a loss, you would be in embarrass. You would see them out in the Cotton District acting as if nothing was wrong or they didn't just get embarrassed. I've also heard Coggin might not be back next year either.
    That's not a big surprise. Henderson came here under Cohen. When John changed roles, where could Henderson really go? Ride this year out and let's just part ways if it doesn't work out. Let Cann go get the LSU pitching coach or someone else really strong.

Just sucks gonna be a LONG season...and very forgettable LAST Season at the current dude and the LFL.

Now whats this about players lacked disciple. How the hell did that happen. Are you saying John went soft on them last year or did Cann come in and let things sudddenly get out of control. Something doesn't add up.

vCash
    Haha... jake is 2 stars by himself** I meant rooker
    He is a dual position guy now, so I forgive you.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    That's not a big surprise. Henderson came here under Cohen. When John changed roles, where could Henderson really go? Ride this year out and let's just part ways if it doesn't work out. Let Cann go get the LSU pitching coach or someone else really strong.

Just sucks gonna be a LONG season...and very forgettable LAST Season at the current dude and the LFL.

Now whats this about players lacked disciple. How the hell did that happen. Are you saying John went soft on them last year or did Cann come in and let things sudddenly get out of control. Something doesn't add up.
    When teams start to lose and you don't have a lot of upper class leaders and new coaches- discipline issues can happen.

That said- how the hell is Marrero still on the team?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    No kidding. He should give Cann a raise just for having to deal with this shitburger.

If anyone says it Cann- there's no way. Skip Bertman couldn't win with this situation. This year should be a mulligan for Cann. If it's year three and there is no improvement then yeah. But not now.
    Yep. It's not Cann. If anything he's trying to take steps to get these guys' shit together. Being a little extreme even, to make sure they know he's not losing control. I like it. But I think we need to get a young PC after the season

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Yep. It's not Cann. If anything he's trying to take steps to get these guys' shit together. Being a little extreme even, to make sure they know he's not losing control. I like it. But I think we need to get a young PC after the season
    Absolutely agree. We need to do whatever it takes to get Alan Dunn to MSU. There were rumors that he was coming with Cann when we first hired him- although that didn't make a lot of sense because of Henderson still being around. Dunn has a similar background as Cann. I think he was a pitching coordinator or something like that for maybe the Phillies?

I looked it up- he was a minor league pitching coach for the Cubs and then the Orioles where he was also the pitching coordinator for the Orioles.
    Last edited by Todd4State; 03-20-2017 at 10:29 PM.

vCash
    If it's jake in trouble, he's gone for sure at the end of the year. We'll essentially have one big time piece to build around next season in pilk. This is definitely shaping up as a multi-year rebuild

vCash
    Cohen ****ed it up, no question. And the new coach is unqualified. Great recipe.

vCash
    Who's the starter tomorrow?

vCash
    Don't think it's been announced, but likely Billingsley or Ashcraft I would guess

vCash
    TBA but I'd guess Billingsley. Could be Cyr too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SDDawg View Post
    Cohen ****ed it up, no question. And the new coach is unqualified. Great recipe.
    Sigh.

vCash
    Henderson may have been the dumbest hire we've made at Mississippi State outside of peter sirmon. I hear he lacks energy, the players don't respect him, his conditioning and throwing program are a joke. He doesn't know what he's doing. Terrible hire by Cohen. Cann will go get a big time guy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hailstate17 View Post
    Henderson may have been the dumbest hire we've made at Mississippi State outside of peter sirmon. I hear he lacks energy, the players don't respect him, his conditioning and throwing program are a joke. He doesn't know what he's doing. Terrible hire by Cohen. Cann will go get a big time guy.
    If the players don't respect the coaches, the coaches aren't the only problem.

vCash
    Marrero is done

vCash
    We need to scour the entire western hemisphere for baseball players. We need to begin a global search for OL players.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hailstate17 View Post
    Cmon dude. Henderson helped Cohen win the SEC at Kentucky and has been a major college coach for awhile. Henderson got chosen to help coach a national team as well by his peers. He isnt a Little League Daddy pretending to be a coach because he played Little League too.