Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: For those of you thinking we wont miss Richie Brown

vCash

For those of you thinking we wont miss Richie Brown

https://twitter.com/DraftMaverick/st...00902210584577

"This was the big play by Miss St LB Richie Brown, covering RB flat in RZ. Was much more athletic than I expected. Best overall LB here, IMO"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster View Post

"This was the big play by Miss St LB Richie Brown, covering RB flat in RZ. Was much more athletic than I expected. Best overall LB here, IMO"
    3-4 change really hurt him I think. When you change schemes, I've always thought that gives advantages to younger players. They don't quite have as much to relearn. I think in a traditional 4-3 he will find success at the next level.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    3-4 change really hurt him I think. When you change schemes, I've always thought that gives advantages to younger players. They don't quite have as much to relearn. I think in a traditional 4-3 he will find success at the next level.
    Manning the middle of an NFL defense... I don't see it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    I think its that plus the fact that IMO the scheme we ran this past season was just poorly coached. Brandon Bryant greatly regressed and he just completed his SO season.

vCash
    Dude was terrible all year. If we miss him, we are in trouble. Yeah he had a lot of tackles, too bad they were 10 yards down the field.

vCash
    I had a guy give me an eye witness account of Richie during the week of practice. He said that Richie could teach the other linebackers the drills they were running and was very fluid in coverage all week. It really shows how well coached and developed he was at Mississippi State.

vCash
    He's a late round pick at at best and a special teams guy.

vCash
    Grantham simplified the 3-4 after he left Georgia and UL did well with it. I think Sirmon ran the the more complicated (2 gap) version this past season and it was just way too much to spring on players that had never played it. Probably caused issues for all our defensive players including Ritchie Brown, Brandon Bryant and our entire defensive line. Hopefully, having played it this season and having it simplified to 1 gap will really help.

vCash
    That would be awesome for Richie! The more players that we can point out that got drafted/are on NFL rosters that were recruited by/played for Mullen, the easier it is to recruit higher-profile players at that position!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by civildawg View Post
    Dude was terrible all year. If we miss him, we are in trouble. Yeah he had a lot of tackles, too bad they were 10 yards down the field.
    Yet he is being viewed as the best LB'er at the all-star game.

We are going to miss Brown

vCash

Guarantee the all star game was 4-3 base defense. Richie was bad in our 3-4 and was always a step late on blitzes... blitzes were almost certainly not permitted yesterday

vCash
    We won't miss the way he played this year. I believe he can play but he flat pulled up and let some guys run right past him quite a few times this year. Sometimes I thought he just wanted to make it through this year without getting hurt.

vCash
    The problem with Sirmon was communication. He couldn't bring it down 10 levels for our guys to understand. So instead you got to much thinking and not enough reacting. Coach Grantham will be able to communicate much better with our players. Sirmons terminology was to difficult to understand and that has been addressed. Sirmon also was slow on deciding what defense to call. Another problem we won't have next year. Our defense will be MUCH improved this year.

Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    Grantham simplified the 3-4 after he left Georgia and UL did well with it. I think Sirmon ran the the more complicated (2 gap) version this past season and it was just way too much to spring on players that had never played it. Probably caused issues for all our defensive players including Ritchie Brown, Brandon Bryant and our entire defensive line. Hopefully, having played it this season and having it simplified to 1 gap will really help.
    You hear those bells mother-fudder....an Air-RAID is coming and that is yo ass!

vCash

So one opinion of a twitter guy is the end all be all? Got it

Banned
    vCash
    He had some good plays but other times it seemed his head wasn't straight. He got bulldozed too many times for me to think he will play on Sundays.

vCash

We'll miss him a ton. We had him out of position/scheme this last year though. I think he has Pro Bowl potential in the NFL. Great player and works incredibly hard. Love the guy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SDDawg View Post
    We'll miss him a ton. We had him out of position/scheme this last year though. I think he has Pro Bowl potential in the NFL. Great player and works incredibly hard. Love the guy.
    Pro bowl potential? Yeah, I don't see that. Richie will have to a special team's demon to make an NFL roster

vCash
    Now I do think we will miss Richie's leadership. He's a smart player that works hard, but he's limited physically imo

Banned
    vCash
    I will miss the bearded one a lot. Just skeptical at this juncture about his football future. That said wish him the best and hope he proves me wrong as I've been wrong many times before. Will always be appreciative of his MSU love and how he exposed the hypocrite snake handler.

vCash
    Off topic, but if I were an NFL fringe prospect like Richie, I'd be trying to play special teams my senior year. Being a good special team's player greatly enhances NFL prospects