Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Welp. Looks like more bad baseball news on the horizon...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stalkingpoon View Post
    I don't know if discipline was an issue before or Cann is just an hard ass, but some of the players hate him.
    Good gosh, we hear this crap every time we hire a new coach.

If there is a time for a coach to be too tough on players, it is right off the bat. Much easier to loosen the reins later than tighten them. He probably saw this year was going to be bad and figured he might as well set the tone and if we lose some guys, oh well.

Cohen was super tight early on and loosened up later, and both worked. Everybody just chill.

vCash
    We didn't **** anything up numbers-wise signing players- when you sign that many it means you plan to clean house.

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BankerDog View Post
    That's because those freshmen last year weren't around the year before to see Cohen go off on guys after the crap they did on the field in '14 and '15.

The difference between what they were doing last year and this year; last year you had
    veterans who would stay on the younger guys. And even then they had problems of getting those guys to work in practice. The veterans last year knew what it was like to lose and they took '15 personal (the whole 2013 signing class). Sure they went out after games, but come game time it was business. We don't have any veteran leadership this year.

And players hated Cohen when he was intense. Players hate the guy at Hinds and at Delta St. but they win and players love them later on.
    Bingo. And if you don't have guys that have been in the program taking the reins as they should then the HC has to do it. And for players it always sucks when the HC has to do it. As a HC it's the last thing you want to have to **** with bc your players won't police themselves. So it makes you really ****ing pissed and makes you a dick to deal with. This is 100% on the players and they can make it better. Or Cann will make their life hell. Their choice.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I seen it dawg View Post
    Well then these ****ing children need to figure out how to deal with discipline in a program. You play like shit and look like shit you better not act like shit too. If they can't get their ass in gear then they need to be ****ing handled.

Clean the ****ing house out and flush them. Find out which guys are gonna sell out for the team and the program and not be whiny little pussies because they don't like the rules and the things they are made to do. Cann knows what it takes for a program to win. I expect him to implement those things. If there are players here that have issue with it they need to play somewhere else next year. That includes Pilk, Jake, or Rooker. It's not like we have a player that we can afford to lose because he is making us unbeatable.

Coaches and players get your ****ing shit together or get the **** out. This season unfortunately is house cleaning. I'm very disappointed in how Cohen has left this program. This shit should never happen.
    This is the most I have ever agreed with you. Spot on.

vCash
    Bingo. And if you don't have guys that have been in the program taking the reins as they should then the HC has to do it. And for players it always sucks when the HC has to do it. As a HC it's the last thing you want to have to **** with bc your players won't police themselves. So it makes you really ****ing pissed and makes you a dick to deal with. This is 100% on the players and they can make it better. Or Cann will make their life hell. Their choice.
    Athletes today are becoming real pussies...
    You don't believe me listen to some of HOF guys talk about the today athlete..

vCash
    I remember people bitching because Cohen was "too hard" or "too intense". Don't recruit pussies and you won't have that problem. Don't recruit kids that are "me" kids or have "my kid is THE super star" parents. There's a way you fix it. As for kids hating the coach, I've never seen a successful program when there's a lot of that. Successful programs have kids that respect the coach and appreciate the discipline. It's a fact of life that kids actually WANT discipline. If they don't, then they've got issues you aren't going to correct.
    Plus, Power 5 athletics is a 40 hour job plus school. It's not for every kid that can pay ball. Some don't realize it until it's too late. Those are the ones that hate the coach, the work, the time away from friends, etc. etc.

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    This is the most I have ever agreed with you. Spot on.
    Well then enjoy the fact you are finally right on something.

vCash
    Well then enjoy the fact you are finally right on something.
    Can't help yourself, can you? Lol

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Can't help yourself, can you? Lol
    He's as much of a dick as you are clueless. Which is a lot

ETA..Actually I may have used the wrong gender
    Last edited by I seen it dawg; 03-21-2017 at 09:00 AM.

vCash
    Guys some of y'all are taking this and letting your imagination and frustration get the best of you. Cann has total control, and he's making sure that guys are following team rules...especially while they're getting their asses whipped on the field. If you're disobeying normal baseball team rules while sucking on the field, you deserve that shit.

As for the players, I'm hearing Cyr is gone due to team rules violations. I won't expand, but apparently he's a good kid just made too many small strikes against team rules. Nothing HUGE, but a lot of small screw ups...too many to keep getting a pass.

I am hearing Mangum will be suspended for team rules violation. Nothing season ending or anything, just college kid doing something stupid, and getting punished. Don't overreact, I doubt it will be for many games or anything.

Yall quit acting like the program is falling apart...there's a lot of Fake News in this thread. A LOT. Not going to be some 3+ year rebuild. Don't believe everything you read. Cann is doing his job. Players that dislike him are the ones screwing up for the most part. PC is a different story but we all know that may change after this season. Relax. This is the furthest thing from inmates running the asylum...the FURTHEST thing from that. We're fine, Cann just isn't taking that shit especially while we're getting our teeth kicked in.
    Last edited by CadaverDawg; 03-21-2017 at 09:01 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Ron Polk, is that you??**

There are players on every team that hate the coach. Players who think they should be playing hate the coach. Players who are playing but think they should be starting hate the coach. Stars who think they are above the rules hate the coach.

At least we know that Cohen won't be working to undermine Cann so we spend 3 years fighting about who should be coach and who is yanking their donation.
    Well all we ever heard the whole time Cohen was coach was that most of the players hated him. So, what else is new?

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Hahahahahaha

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutter Cobreh View Post
    I've often wondered why he gets a pass on this board. You never really see his name brought up when the board is going full meltdown. To me that says he's expendable.
    Well good grief, with that logic we should sign Hevesy to a lifetime contract as our OL coach. ***

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Guys some of y'all are taking this and letting your imagination and frustration get the best of you. Cann has total control, and he's making sure that guys are following team rules...especially while they're getting their asses whipped on the field. If you're disobeying normal baseball team rules while sucking on the field, you deserve that shit.

As for the players, I'm hearing Cyr is gone due to team rules violations. I won't expand, but apparently he's a good kid just made too many small strikes against team rules. Nothing HUGE, but a lot of small screw ups...too many to keep getting a pass.

I am hearing Mangum will be suspended for team rules violation. Nothing season ending or anything, just college kid doing something stupid, and getting punished. Don't overreact, I doubt it will be for many games or anything.

Yall quit acting like the program is falling apart...there's a lot of Fake News in this thread. A LOT. Not going to be some 3+ year rebuild. Don't believe everything you read. Cann is doing his job. Players that dislike him are the ones screwing up for the most part. PC is a different story but we all know that may change after this season. Relax. This is the furthest thing from inmates running the asylum...the FURTHEST thing from that. We're fine, Cann just isn't taking that shit especially while we're getting our teeth kicked in.
    I heard Cyr was "kicked off the team" 2 weeks ago, but it was a situation where he might be allowed back. Then he pitched in one of the midweek games and I assumed all was well at that point. He must have f-ed up since coming back.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HSVDawg View Post
    I heard Cyr was "kicked off the team" 2 weeks ago, but it was a situation where he might be allowed back. Then he pitched in one of the midweek games and I assumed all was well at that point. He must have f-ed up since coming back.
    Yep

Which should show everyone that this isn't a case of Cann being a dick. He's giving them chances, they're just using them up.
    Last edited by CadaverDawg; 03-21-2017 at 09:31 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HSVDawg View Post
    He wasn't kicked off a few weeks back. He was told not to come to practice until he was called back. It was over a disagreement. That's all.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    He wasn't kicked off a few weeks back. He was told not to come to practice until he was called back. It was over a disagreement. That's all.
    Yeah, that is likely what happened (a suspension, more or less). He obviously wasn't kicked off permanently because he pitched again after the fact. But I think Cann has a way of wording things to these guys where guys are temporarily "off the team until XYZ happens" when in reality they are just suspended.

vCash
    I don't know if discipline was an issue before or Cann is just an hard ass, but some of the players hate him.
    Ahww, i guess they will go strike-out and blow saves for a coach that can APPRECIATE them!

vCash
    And supposedly everyone hated Cohen when he first came here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    Ahww, i guess they will go strike-out and blow saves for a coach that can APPRECIATE them!
    These guys contributed big time last season so it's not like they are shitty players.