Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Welp. Looks like more bad baseball news on the horizon...

vCash
    Might be, but these guys haven't had any previous issues beforehand, and still haven't. This comes straight from players off the team, no he said she said.

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    If we're kicking healthy pitchers off the team -it better be because of an Aaron Hernandez situation.
    ****ing really? You've got to be shitting me with this. Get a grip.

vCash
    Hearing lots of turnover on the staff. Pretty much a complete new coaching staff with the possible exception of one. As far as players, Cann might be trying to trim the fat because someone signed 19 players for next year when we only will lose 5 players. That is a serious f*** up numbers wise.

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Well then these ****ing children need to figure out how to deal with discipline in a program. You play like shit and look like shit you better not act like shit too. If they can't get their ass in gear then they need to be ****ing handled.

Clean the ****ing house out and flush them. Find out which guys are gonna sell out for the team and the program and not be whiny little pussies because they don't like the rules and the things they are made to do. Cann knows what it takes for a program to win. I expect him to implement those things. If there are players here that have issue with it they need to play somewhere else next year. That includes Pilk, Jake, or Rooker. It's not like we have a player that we can afford to lose because he is making us unbeatable.

Coaches and players get your ****ing shit together or get the **** out. This season unfortunately is house cleaning. I'm very disappointed in how Cohen has left this program. This shit should never happen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stalkingpoon View Post
    I don't know if discipline was an issue before or Cann is just an hard ass, but some of the players hate him.
    Ron Polk, is that you??**

There are players on every team that hate the coach. Players who think they should be playing hate the coach. Players who are playing but think they should be starting hate the coach. Stars who think they are above the rules hate the coach.

At least we know that Cohen won't be working to undermine Cann so we spend 3 years fighting about who should be coach and who is yanking their donation.

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RAYn_Man View Post
    Hearing lots of turnover on the staff. Pretty much a complete new coaching staff with the possible exception of one. As far as players, Cann might be trying to trim the fat because someone signed 19 players for next year when we only will lose 5 players. That is a serious f*** up numbers wise.
    Shit see ya. They don't have their gravy train they've had the last few years. Gtfo

vCash
    Bottom line is we are about to go through a complete rebuild. Cann is gonna have to do what Cohen did two years ago when he pulled all those junior's schollies. They'll probably be a lot of transfers, but he's gonna have to do everything he can to get all these freshman to campus.

vCash
    I found it suspicious that Coggin was MIA the last home Friday, and he's been coaching first ever since. I was rooting for him to stay around for a while because it seems like he does a good job with recruiting and hitting.

As for Henderson, no, he doesn't look like he's very enthusiastic. Butch never did either, though. I can imagine he's not totally comfortable with the situation. After Cannizaro was hired, he had to know it was a one year deal, and that he was going to have to help with the transition of a new HC as much as being a PC. I wasn't very excited about the hire in the first place. Give me a guy on his way up any day over a guy taking a demotion.

At this point, the best you can hope for is no more serious injuries and no more suspensions. Just get thought the season and recruit, recruit, recruit. That might be easier said than done if most of the staff are on their way out.

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RAYn_Man View Post
    Bottom line is we are about to go through a complete rebuild. Cann is gonna have to do what Cohen did two years ago when he pulled all those junior's schollies. They'll probably be a lot of transfers, but he's gonna have to do everything he can to get all these freshman to campus.
    Good do it. I want to win a national championship in baseball and we can. Let's try it Cann way.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I seen it dawg View Post
    Well then these ****ing children need to figure out how to deal with discipline in a program. You play like shit and look like shit you better not act like shit too. If they can't get their ass in gear then they need to be ****ing handled.

Clean the ****ing house out and flush them. Find out which guys are gonna sell out for the team and the program and not be whiny little pussies because they don't like the rules and the things they are made to do. Cann knows what it takes for a program to win. I expect him to implement those things. If there are players here that have issue with it they need to play somewhere else next year. That includes Pilk, Jake, or Rooker. It's not like we have a player that we can afford to lose because he is making us unbeatable.

Coaches and players get your ****ing shit together or get the **** out. This season unfortunately is house cleaning. I'm very disappointed in how Cohen has left this program. This shit should never happen.
    I have no issue with this at all. Just saying there is definitely some tension in the clubhouse right now.

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogcountry1 View Post
    I found it suspicious that Coggin was MIA the last home Friday, and he's been coaching first ever since. I was rooting for him to stay around for a while because it seems like he does a good job with recruiting and hitting.

As for Henderson, no, he doesn't look like he's very enthusiastic. Butch never did either, though. I can imagine he's not totally comfortable with the situation. After Cannizaro was hired, he had to know it was a one year deal, and that he was going to have to help with the transition of a new HC as much as being a PC. I wasn't very excited about the hire in the first place. Give me a guy on his way up any day over a guy taking a demotion.

At this point, the best you can hope for is no more serious injuries and no more suspensions. Just get thought the season and recruit, recruit, recruit. That might be easier said than done if most of the staff are on their way out.
    A new head coach has to bring in his own guys. Guys he trusts. These are Cohens guys and they all need to be gone after this season. Clean out the whole ****ing thing.

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    I have no issue with this at all. Just saying there is definitely some tension in the clubhouse right now.
    There should be. Eggshells. If you got guys wanting to do things the old way and combine that with losing..well...I expect Cann to be a total cocksuker. And that's a good thing.

vCash
    There was tension well before the season started, it didn't just start when we started losing.

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    There was tension well before the season started, it didn't just start when we started losing.
    I believe that absolutely. But losing just makes it so much worse. The pre season tension can be squashed if the team is winning and doing what it takes to win. But by losing it shows the players way or the old way ain't working. Hence change. And change is hard. Those players need to toughen up buttercup.

vCash
    That's because those freshmen last year weren't around the year before to see Cohen go off on guys after the crap they did on the field in '14 and '15.

The difference between what they were doing last year and this year; last year you had
    veterans who would stay on the younger guys. And even then they had problems of getting those guys to work in practice. The veterans last year knew what it was like to lose and they took '15 personal (the whole 2013 signing class). Sure they went out after games, but come game time it was business. We don't have any veteran leadership this year.

And players hated Cohen when he was intense. Players hate the guy at Hinds and at Delta St. but they win and players love them later on.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogcountry1 View Post

Coggin was recruiting last Friday. With that said, I don't expect him back

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BankerDog View Post
    That's because those freshmen last year weren't around the year before to see Cohen go off on guys after the crap they did on the field in '14 and '15.

The difference between what they were doing last year and this year; last year you had
    veterans who would stay on the younger guys. And even then they had problems of getting those guys to work in practice. The veterans last year knew what it was like to lose and they took '15 personal (the whole 2013 signing class). Sure they went out after games, but come game time it was business. We don't have any veteran leadership this year.

And players hated Cohen when he was intense. Players hate the guy at Hinds and at Delta St. but they win and players love them later on.
    Absolutely you can hate a coach and still respect him. The best coaches find a way to be hard on you on the field and still make you feel like you could go to them with any off the field issues and talk to them about it. My favorite pitching coach was an absolute a** on the field on mound visits etc. but off the field he'd BS and you could tell he genuinely cared about what was going on in your life outside of ball.

Cann knows this sport inside and out on a very very technical level. If we give him some time he will turn out to be a very good coach IMO. The guy has literally done everything baseball related you can possibly have a career doing. Playing, scouting, asst coach at a top flight program, and now a HC. He has excelled at every stop and I expect being a HC he will do the same. Give the guy some breathing room and trust that he will do the best for the program. Best thing we can do as fans is sit back and understand this season is going to be extremely rough. This whole year as a state fan as far as men's sports go have been underwhelming to say the least which I think makes it a little worse.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BankerDog View Post

Very true

vCash
    I don't know if discipline was an issue before or Cann is just an hard ass, but some of the players hate him.
    Sounds like the problem we had the first year or two of Cohen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Coggin was recruiting last Friday. With that said, I don't expect him back
    I've often wondered why he gets a pass on this board. You never really see his name brought up when the board is going full meltdown. To me that says he's expendable.