Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Freeze

vCash

Freeze

I was reading the Vic Schaefer thread, saw where someone said Freezus baptized a boosters kid? Is this real or just a really funny joke? Dont you have to be like a legit Preacher to do that??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GTHOM View Post
    I was reading the Vic Schaefer thread, saw where someone said Freezus baptized a boosters kid? Is this real or just a really funny joke? Dont you have to be like a legit Preacher to do that??
    You do not. Anyone can baptize someone.

vCash
    He baptized one of Touhy's kids

vCash
    True, anyone can baptize. This is just another element of the cult they've bought into. Very unhealthy environment. Who knows what else he's done in the name of THE LORD.

vCash
    No one said it had to take.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by somebodyshotmypaw View Post
    Really? Did not know that. Either way thats still pretty weird. To each his own I reckon

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GTHOM View Post
    Depends on the denomination.

vCash
    That depends on your denomination. In many churches priests/pastors/elders/deacons or whatever usually baptize but "anyone" can in an emergency.

vCash
    "Look at me, everybody! I'm Hugh Freeze and I'm such an awesome person! Look how virtuous I am! I'm such an awesome Christian! Like me, PLEASE! Look at me! Look at me!"

What a goofy ass egomaniac.

vCash
    If anyone could baptize why did Jesus seek out John the Baptist? Jesus traveled from Galilee to find John at the river Jordan. I don't think John really understood why he had to Baptize Jesus first. You would think Jesus would have done the baptisms first.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    If anyone could baptize why did Jesus seek out John the Baptist? Jesus traveled from Galilee to find John at the river Jordan. I don't think John really understood why he had to Baptize Jesus first. You would think Jesus would have done the baptisms first.
    Mmm ... probably because he wanted John to do it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    I am saying that there is no law allowing only certain people to baptize. Because it is not recognized by the government. It is not like officiating a legal marriage, or stamping engineering plans, or notarizing a document. So I could get my kid to push me into a swimming pool and call that a baptism if I wished to do so. It may not be the same in the Lord's eyes, but that wasn't the question. Freeze can baptize all the people he wants to. So can Luke Woodham, or Donald Trump, or Obama, or Lady Gaga, or Tom Cruise, Or Coach34

vCash
    I am saying that there is no law allowing only certain people to baptize. Because it is not recognized by the government. It is not like officiating a legal marriage, or stamping engineering plans, or notarizing a document. So I could get my kid to push me into a swimming pool and call that a baptism if I wished to do so. It may not be the same in the Lord's eyes, but that wasn't the question. Freeze can baptize all the people he wants to. So can Luke Woodham, or Donald Trump, or Obama, or Lady Gaga, or Tom Cruise, Or Coach34
    From a legal point of view, that's no doubt true. I remember from my youth there were a lot of preachers, mostly in small country churches, who were not ordained nor did they ever have any formal education in the ministry. But they baptized anyway, and performed marriages too. I suppose it's up to the church or governing denomination.

But isn't Freeze an ordained minister? Thought I'd heard that he was.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    I hope to God they fire his ass so I can stop seeing threads on him on our message boards. smh

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgoneyall View Post
    No one said it had to take.
    That is a brilliant post! You made me chuckle.

There are plenty of baptisms conducted by all kinds of folks. Who is the authorizing authority? Don't know.

When I first met my wife, she introduced me to some guy who was an "Astrologer". His name was Bob. Bob the Astrologer is how I referred to him. I wondered how you go about becoming an astrologer? Do you get a certificate?

Bucky just decided somewhere along the line, he was qualified to Baptize folks.

BTW, I lurk on this site for Ole Miss cheating news and did get the website warning the other day. I hope you found out the culprits.

I did click a link.

Carry on.
    Last edited by Central Pork; 03-20-2017 at 09:29 PM.

vCash
    Rumor is he's been known to perform double baptisms.

vCash
    He probably pissed in the water.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BossDawg View Post
    "Look at me, everybody! I'm Hugh Freeze and I'm such an awesome person! Look how virtuous I am! I'm such an awesome Christian! Like me, PLEASE! Look at me! Look at me!"

Yep
    Not only did Mississippi State embarrass LSU on this night. Davis Wade Stadium wrecked Tiger Stadium in music choice, atmosphere and, most of all, volume.

When I'm 80 and deaf, it's not going to be all those Springsteen concerts or Queen at Municipal Auditorium in New Orleans on Halloween Night in 1978, it will be this game...............Glen Guilbeau--Sherveport Times

vCash
    "There are plenty of baptisms conducted by all kinds of folks. Who is the authorizing authority? Don't know."

You don't??

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BossDawg View Post

Definitely ought to get some folks to stop bitching about Dan Mullen obsessing over the Boston marathon and Yeezy's. It could be waaaaay worse.