Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: We have learned the OM investigation

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    Both schools were charter members so it's understandable. No one had any idea how the conference would grow with time. I'd have to look it up, but I'm pretty sure that both Louisiana and Georgia had two teams at the time (Tulane and Ga Tech) but both of them left. Not sure about Florida.
    Florida was the only charter member in that state. Sewanee was the other charter member that dropped out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HSVDawg View Post
    The gap in talent produced between Louisiana and MS is light years bigger than between MS and Arkansas. Louisiana has 1.6 million more people than Mississippi. Mississippi has about 14,000 more people than Arkansas. Arkansas is and always will be a more valid comparison. Sorry to burst your bubble.
    Arkansas may be a more valid comparison, but comparing Arkansas' population to Mississippi's population probably isn't the way to do the comparison. Some states produce way more talent per capita than others. Louisiana is one of them. Mississippi is also one of them, although maybe not to the extent of Louisiana. Pretty sure Arkansas is not one of them although not positive.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    Arkansas may be a more valid comparison, but comparing Arkansas' population to Mississippi's population probably isn't the way to do the comparison. Some states produce way more talent per capita than others. Louisiana is one of them. Mississippi is also one of them, although maybe not to the extent of Louisiana. Pretty sure Arkansas is not one of them although not positive.
    Per capita, MS is one of the top producing states of NFL players.

vCash
    I'll believe it when I see it. NCAA has said multiple times they would likely never give the DP again. It would be a hell of a year but on the other hand, do we want them to get the DP? Or do we want them to get hammered thus we hammer them for 5-10 years consistently every November? Tough decision

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GTHOM View Post
    I'll believe it when I see it. NCAA has said multiple times they would likely never give the DP again. It would be a hell of a year but on the other hand, do we want them to get the DP? Or do we want them to get hammered thus we hammer them for 5-10 years consistently every November? Tough decision
    Ummmm....I will go with DP. If they got the DP we wouldn't get to play them for 1-2 years, but then once they are allowed to play again, it would be 5-10 years before they are relevant. Unless they go all in again, in which case they would surely get kicked out of SEC at that point.

vCash
    I would love the death penalty just to have that stigma permantly attached to those pricks.

vCash
    The NCAA has given the death penalty to multiple schools in other sports numerous times in the last 10 years

vCash
    What is normal punishment for DP? I know they shut down your program, but for how long normally, 1yr, 2yrs?

vCash
    If the NCAA is still investigating them after an LOIC in NOA numero dos then they are building a death penalty case. They already have enough to make om suffer for ten years. They're going in for the kill.

vCash
    This is what Wikipedia said about SMU DP, "To date, it is one of the most severe penalties ever imposed on a Division I program, and the only time the NCAA has canceled a football-playing school's entire season at any level." Not sure if correct as Wiki can be wrong, but that's what it says.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Boodawg View Post
    Ummmm....I will go with DP. If they got the DP we wouldn't get to play them for 1-2 years, but then once they are allowed to play again, it would be 5-10 years before they are relevant. Unless they go all in again, in which case they would surely get kicked out of SEC at that point.
    If they get the DP, the SEC will throw them out to protect the conference's "integrity." Coincidentally, they will recruit a school that adds tv eyeballs.

vCash
    Yes- only time in football. But it has been done in other sports

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    Per capita, MS is one of the top producing states of NFL players.
    I hope I don't get banned for this but look at the demographics of the NFL then compare it to the demographics of Arkansas, Louisiana and then Mississippi. There has to be a correlation to the per ca pita.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    Per capita, MS does produce more talent. There are about 15-20 legit Power 5 players per year from MS. Arkansas is probably in the neighborhood of 13-18 per year. By contrast, Louisiana is at about 35-40 per year. Thats a big "per capita" difference between MS and Arkansas, but not a large overall difference because the population of the 2 states is basically identical. And then there is a considerable gap between both of those and Louisiana.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HSVDawg View Post
    The gap in talent produced between Louisiana and MS is light years bigger than between MS and Arkansas. Louisiana has 1.6 million more people than Mississippi. Mississippi has about 14,000 more people than Arkansas. Arkansas is and always will be a more valid comparison. Sorry to burst your bubble.
    Mississippi has much better talent than Ark regardless of numbers

vCash
    Hey!!! Y'all are so Mississippi State! You just got word that OM, those cheating bastard up north are still being investigated and may be facing a DP but you are arguing over the NFL players per capita and whether or not we will benefit from this. CAN WE JUST STOP AND ENJOY THEIR MISERY?!?!?

Cue the Hey Hugh video!!!!
    Someone upload Colonel Reb is Crying!
    I want to hear "The Night They Drove Ole Dixie Down!"
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

vCash
    Has any school ever been under HEAVY investigation and kept on buying players like nothing was wrong? AJ shows up with a brand new Charger at Starkville High School while the NCAA is still all over UNM. I doubt SMU was being investigated and still pulling in a top 10 class. UNM is purely banking on building up their image as a top 5 recruiting school and then they can just ride out the penalties. If there was ever a school showing LOIC over breaking the rules, it is now.

UNM is that guy who gets hit with a DUI and is out on bond then shows up Drunk as Hell and High on Peyote doing doughnuts in an Elementary School parking lot. The dumb sons of bitches think they can get away with it because they will "sue the NCAA".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Boodawg View Post
    Valid point didnt think about post DP

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    Has any school ever been under HEAVY investigation and kept on buying players like nothing was wrong? AJ shows up with a brand new Charger at Starkville High School while the NCAA is still all over UNM. I doubt SMU was being investigated and still pulling in a top 10 class. UNM is purely banking on building up their image as a top 5 recruiting school and then they can just ride out the penalties. If there was ever a school showing LOIC over breaking the rules, it is now.

UNM is that guy who gets hit with a DUI and is out on bond then shows up Drunk as Hell and High on Peyote doing doughnuts in an Elementary School parking lot. The dumb sons of bitches think they can get away with it because they will "sue the NCAA".
    I'll quote the 30 for 30 on SMU when a booster said ''once you start the payments you cant just stop''

vCash
    I'll quote the 30 for 30 on SMU when a booster said ''once you start the payments you cant just stop''
    Yep, pretty much true because everybody on the take will be talking to the NCAA if the payments stop.

And if the NCAA realizes the true magnitude of the Network's actions, they may conclude the ONLY corrective course of action is to shut the Network down (especially if they've been caught again after last year's NOA). They're done!!!