Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: We have learned the OM investigation

vCash

We have learned the OM investigation

continues on and is indeed not over contrary to what Lying Ross said in the hostage video. I repeat:

The Ole Miss investigation is not over. Interviews about violations have taken place over the last week. This part of the investigation intends to hammer them for violations under "repeat offender" status. Ole Miss trying to hold on to Hugh Freeze may end up causing them the death penalty.

vCash
    Hugh must truly have them by the ying yang. Firing may not even be an option.

vCash
    The NCAA is going for the death penalty. We will be the LSU of Mississippi in a few years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    Hugh must truly have them by the ying yang. Firing may not even be an option.
    This^^^^^

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    The NCAA is going for the death penalty. We will be the LSU of Mississippi in a few years.
    So Arkansas?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthMSDog View Post
    So Arkansas?
    The State of MS has an INSANELY deeper recruiting base than AR. So, probably an AR/LSU-hybrid

vCash
    So Arkansas?
    Not Arkansas..like LSU, Nebraska, Wisconsin, Ohio State...thing big

vCash
    Unless we significantly change our message and sales pitch, I just don't see our in-state recruiting exploding in the next few years as a result of OM being severely crippled/dead as many seem to think it will. I think we'll probably get 2-3 guys a year who would have gone to OM under normal circumstances, but I think it's more likely the majority of those players end up at an out-of-state school with a similar profile and personality to OM. Not saying having drastically less in-state competition won't help us, I just don't think it'll be the dawning of a golden recruiting age for us as many seem to believe it will.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thf24 View Post
    Unless we significantly change our message and sales pitch, I just don't see our in-state recruiting exploding in the next few years as a result of OM being severely crippled/dead as many seem to think it will. I think we'll probably get 2-3 guys a year who would have gone to OM under normal circumstances, but I think it's more likely the majority of those players end up at an out-of-state school with a similar profile and personality to OM. Not saying having drastically less in-state competition won't help us, I just don't think it'll be the dawning of a golden recruiting age for us as many seem to believe it will.
    We have been two to three guys a way from being a top 5 or 10 team several times under Dan. Just several years where we've been pretty good at most places but had one to three major, major holes. Usually either one OL short, or one good pass rusher from being good, or a safety missing. You start taking thsoe years and turn them into top 15 or better years, and we will get a lot more competitive in recruiting, even if we stay in our lane as far as extra benefits.

vCash
    I'd love to see this gain some traction on twitter.....its been pretty boring lately.....anyway we can find out who has been interviewed recently? Im ready for this to start back up

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    We have been two to three guys a way from being a top 5 or 10 team several times under Dan. Just several years where we've been pretty good at most places but had one to three major, major holes. Usually either one OL short, or one good pass rusher from being good, or a safety missing. You start taking thsoe years and turn them into top 15 or better years, and we will get a lot more competitive in recruiting, even if we stay in our lane as far as extra benefits.
    Oh yeah, absolutely. Like I said, I think OM being practically out of the picture will help us for sure. I just think the "LSU of Mississippi" talk in terms of recruiting itself is reaching a little.

vCash
    So Arkansas?
    **** no! We have way more talent than Arkansas. We will dominate recruiting in MS and peel off a few stud players from other states to round out classes.

It will be glorious.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thf24 View Post
    Oh yeah, absolutely. Like I said, I think OM being practically out of the picture will help us for sure. I just think the "LSU of Mississippi" talk in terms of recruiting itself is reaching a little.
    Bama has been raiding Louisiana pretty regularly lately haven't they? I think the fence lsu once had around Louisiana has a hole in on the east side

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Bama has been raiding Louisiana pretty regularly lately haven't they? I think the fence lsu once had around Louisiana has a hole in on the east side
    In 2016 they actually did a great job of keeping top talent. 9 out of the Top 10 and 12 of the top 16 in the state went to LSU. Bama has raided the top rated talent, but a lot of other schools raided some middle tier talent that turned out to be pretty good. Obviously we have Dak and J Rob with track records, but now Keytaon is a big fish we took.

For the 2017 class, LSU only kept 3 of the top 10 in state. That's a bad trend for them. If that continues, they will be in big trouble. They can get national talent, but they are deep in Louisiana. Losing top talent to competitors would not be good for them long term.

vCash
    I think it was pretty telling when ole miss had a rash of decommits from several highly rated players that had committed to them early in this previous class. Especially with news coming out about Willie Gay being interviewed, considering he is in State's backyard.

Couple that with the smoke about the ncaa snooping around car dealerships over the last month and I'm not surprised at all.

vCash
    Amazing if that happens. It's going to be glorious to see the reaction of my OM friends if they get the DP.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    **** no! We have way more talent than Arkansas. We will dominate recruiting in MS and peel off a few stud players from other states to round out classes.

It will be glorious.
    The gap in talent produced between Louisiana and MS is light years bigger than between MS and Arkansas. Louisiana has 1.6 million more people than Mississippi. Mississippi has about 14,000 more people than Arkansas. Arkansas is and always will be a more valid comparison. Sorry to burst your bubble.
    Last edited by HSVDawg; 03-15-2017 at 12:29 PM.

vCash
    Oh please oh please let this be true

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HSVDawg View Post
    The gap in talent produced between Louisiana and MS is light years bigger than between MS and Arkansas. Louisiana has over double the population of Mississippi. Mississippi has something like 1.1 times the population of Arkansas. Arkansas is and always will be a more valid comparison. Sorry to burst your bubble.
    My point is we won't be fighting om over the vast majority of talent in MS. We get 9-10 of the dandy dozen every year and some equal or better talent from other more populace states like LA, AL and FLA and we will be ahead of Arkansas.

Maroon bubbles don't burst brah!***